Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We'll let San Antonio beat Miami cause they are going to the NBA Finals.

SA will clearly get to WCF, but they'll have to work to get past the winner of OKC/LAC. Both of those teams are as good as SA. And OKC has their number.

Right now, Miami is playing at their best. They played two BS teams in the first two rounds, and they'll get a third if Indy beats us. And it's not like we'll be much more of a challenge. They're not really going to have to work too hard until they get to the Finals. Probably end every series within 5 or so. I think they just have it easier, and they are probably a little bit better than the other big 3 teams too. I see them threepeating.

I only managed about 20 minutes of the last game due work and tonight I'm likely to be in a similar situation :( 

I've been almost at panick stage, telling friends they don't understand, this wasn't expected etc as they look at me like I'm stoopid.

Plus point is this playoffs stuff will be an annual event now for the Wiz, no need to get antsy :)

We had ZERO fast break points in Game 2.  You wonder why we lost?  We were 5-21 from 3 and 5-12 from the line.  Worst game of the playoffs easily and we barely lost.  Could've won if we didn't jack up 3's.

Let's play our game at home, run the fast break and blow Indiana out of the building. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or does gortat have a pair of stone hands? Ive seen him bobble or out right drop some easy passes under the basket.

Big men in general have trouble catching the ball. That's why PF/C prospects who have good catching ability are generally valued highly. Gortat catches it fairly well for a player his size which is why he's so effective on the pick n roll.

Kwame Brown was absolutely horrible for this reason alone. He came in with great athleticism but absolutely zero catching ability. If he could catch, he probably has a career double double average.

Kwame Brown was absolutely horrible for this reason alone. He came in with great athleticism but absolutely zero catching ability. If he could catch, he probably has a career double double average.

Always said he has infant hands, compared to the rest of his body. That he can't even palm the basketball. I've even seen a quote attributed to MJ that if he learned one thing from the Kwame debacle, it's to always check the size of a players hands.

• Like 1

8pm can't get here fast enough. 

I can't get much of a read on this game tonight. Usually by this hour, I'd be feeling one way or other, but I'm lost right now.

Wall is due for a spectacular game, he's had a quarter or two of dominant play, but hasn't put it together for 4 quarters yet. Hopefully, tonight is his night.

• Like 1

Wall will be fine as long as he stops settling for jumpshots.  He needs to run the fast break, A LOT.  Indy is too slow to keep up with us in transition.  Run the fast break and drive to the paint to get them in foul trouble.  Simple formula for a W.

Click to read the rest.   :lol:

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/5/9/5700392/trevor-ariza-paul-george-defender-deny-guy-wizards-pacers

Trevor Ariza not taking Paul George out his game, according to Paul George

Trough the first two games of the Wizards-Pacers series, most of the attention has been focused on Roy Hibbert's wild improvement from Game 1 to Game 2. This has overshadowed what many expected to be the key battle in this series:Paul George vs. Trevor Ariza. Logically, if Ariza could slow George down offensively, it makes it very hard for the Pacers to be successful, unless Roy Hibbert is going into beast mode.

So who is winning the battle after two games? Paul George is, based on how he views Ariza's defensive pressure:

"He's just a deny guy. He's good at just playing that deny the ball to him, pressure on every catch. He's a good defender, but he's not someone that will take me out of my game."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH