Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

There is an awful lot to point the finger at but I think that takes away from the Texans . They showed a hell of a lot of heart to come back from a 17 point hole to win late in OT . The Texans were just that much better than us today ... another sunday and maybe a different result....

Lets not to be too hard on ourselves .... but personally I blame my tennis coach .. damn him

Some of our players just crapped the bed at crucial moments.

Jammal Brown (You can't commit a false start at that point)

Fred Davis (Make the block!)

Reed Doughty (Sigh...)

Chris Horton (WTF?)

Larry Johnson (A 10 yard loss... Really?)

Stephon Heyer (How many years have you been in this league and you still can't block anybody.)

The coverage was horrible, but I think this shows how important a player Haynesworth can be. The bad coverage was exacerbated by the lack of pressure from the front line. They needed as many people as possible who can pressure the QB, and they insist on having Haynesworth NOT do that as a 3-4 NT. Doesn't make sense. Put his butt at DE and let him penetrate and disrupt. If you put him at DE and let him do what he does best, perhaps he'll be more interested. I know he was allegedly "injured' but when he's in the game, they have to account for him.

I blame the defensive coaching staff. The secondary has been our weakness for a couple years now and they did nothing to address it. The front seven was the strong point of the defense for a few years running, yet they switch to a 3-4 for no apparent reason despite not having the personnel to run it. I rarely saw our 4-3 defense get lit up like that.

1. Reed Doughty - For getting burned ALL game, and never making a solid hit in the secondary.

2. Reed Doughty - For not even being able to get position or even a finger on the ball on a hail mary on 4 and 10.

3. Reed Doughty - For being Reed Doughty.

4. Fred Davis - For not even attempting to hit the corner rusher on that blocked field goal.

5. Larry Johnson - For being a big punk and avoiding contact, in order to lose 10 yards when we were on the 20. Pure momentum killer.

6. Did I say Reed F****N' Doughty?!

The coverage was horrible, but I think this shows how important a player Haynesworth can be. The bad coverage was exacerbated by the lack of pressure from the front line. They needed as many people as possible who can pressure the QB, and they insist on having Haynesworth NOT do that as a 3-4 NT. Doesn't make sense. Put his butt at DE and let him penetrate and disrupt. If you put him at DE and let him do what he does best, perhaps he'll be more interested. I know he was allegedly "injured' but when he's in the game, they have to account for him.

Dude! Haynesworthless is a NON ISSUE! GET OVER IT! He's made up his mind that he's going to be a baby, week in week out and he will NEVER be a productive player whether we put him in at NT or DE, or ANY OTHER position! It's time for us to stop playing games and deactivate him for the rest of the season. If we can make a trade with someone who finds themselves desperate, fine. But HE'S DONE! Stop bringing up the name HAYNESWORTHLESS!

Mirror image of Saints game last year. Played well for majority of game, should have won, didn't.

Right down to the choked FG.

Not even getting 2 kicks in the AIR in back to back weeks within 30 yards is unacceptable. Today it cost us.

Reed is awful.

Heyer is awful.

Game could have ended 5 different times and as usual, we find a way to blow it.

The blame on Gano is ridiculous.....

Why?

Ball is through the uprights. We win.

Ball misses the uprights. You give the ball to Houston with great field position.

Both teams had issues on defense and both looked very sharp on offense. Came down to a kicker who choked.

Archived