Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

this is my list in order.

1. Fred davis for that poor effort on that blocked fg.

2. the entire secondary minus Landry. reed doughty was horrible in coverage as well as carlos, Buchanon, and Horton.

3. Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson, dredful effort running the ball tonight. more so LJ than CP but CP is still pretty bad.

positives: hung with an extremely good AFC team and handled them most of the game untill the 4th. also props to Shanny for showing some class and not icing the kicker like Kubiak did. Mcnabb was awesome!

Portis tripped over his damn feet and tackled short of the first down, and the very next play the damn field goal gets blocked.

The Defensive Scheme, we should have doubled up Andre Johnson, and played some more man coverage, the zone seems to burn us.

I think we need a better FS

However to the Offense

1. We have to be able to chew the clock, we have no strong running game at this point. The fact is that for all the hype about the passing league, you still need a good RB to help chew the clock

2. At what point did Andy Reid infiltrate Kyle Shanahan, that game plan was pure Reid, not enough balance.

Our whole secondary got whipped today. They left a lot of WRs wide open. Our best cover guy today was Fletch one-on-one with Daniels.

Poor tackling, mental mistakes (like the Fred Davis missed chip block on the blocked FG and Horton offsides penalty), and questionable offensive playcalling contributed to the loss.

And "icing the kicker" isn't showing "no class". It's part of the game and trying to win.

Doughty has yet to make any play, whatsoever, that would create even an ounce of positive momentum for this team this season. The guy sucks insanely bad, and whoever thinks different is a ****ing idiot.

Doughty does suck and so does Horton.

If you want to blame players, Fred Davis for no blocking on a field goal.

Personally however I'll blame Jim Haslett's crap scheme that allowed the Texans to pass for more yards than I care to type out exactly. We know what these players can do, we've seen them do it before. The Texans figured out the horrid scheme and no adjustment was made. The defense laid an egg tonight and it was the entire secondary... which IMO means it wasn't the individuals but the game plan. It was obvious when the Texans figured it out and we had no answer for them.

I wanna say we should've ran the ball more to kill the clock in th 4th. So much what-ifs. Blocked FG unacceptable, Davis needs to know that is his responsibility.

Gotta set up Gano more in OT run run run to get yards.

I am hurting right now, watching that slowly peel away had a feeling even the coin toss.

Why?

Ball is through the uprights. We win.

Ball misses the uprights. You give the ball to Houston with great field position.

Both teams had issues on defense and both looked very sharp on offense. Came down to a kicker who choked.

Uhhh....no.

If you're up 20-7 at halftime, it shouldn't ever come down to your kicker having to make an OT field goal from 50 yards out to win it.

If you want to blame that missed FG on him, sure.

But that's the single person or unit that you name to put the loss on?

When the defense gave up 23 points in the 2nd half/overtime?

That's a joke.

Why?

Ball is through the uprights. We win.

Ball misses the uprights. You give the ball to Houston with great field position.

Both teams had issues on defense and both looked very sharp on offense. Came down to a kicker who choked.

exactly... in the end, if Gano makes the kick in OT game over. I'm not saying he's the only player to blame but he's one of the reasons why we lost....

I blame breaks not going our way. I blame Trent Williams getting hurt enabling Heyer to come in and suck crap. I blame Landry getting injured and not being able to cover every inch of the field like he was during the entire game, I freaking HATE Doughty, too.

However, I was actually very happy with offensive play for the most part and I'm hoping Williams isn't hurt badly. I'm disappointed in the outcome, but I'm not going to go jump off a cliff like half the people in this forum.

exactly... in the end, if Gano makes the kick in OT game over. I'm not saying he's the only player to blame but he's one of the reasons why we lost....

And why would you ever put your kicker in that position to begin with?

People listing Gano sound like they just turned on the game as OT was starting.

The Redskins were up 27-10 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and people are naming our FG kicker here.

Ridiculous.

Uhhh....no.

If you're up 20-7 at halftime, it shouldn't ever come down to your kicker having to make an OT field goal from 50 yards out to win it.

If you want to blame that missed FG on him, sure.

But that's the single person or unit that you name to put the loss on?

When the defense gave up 23 points in the 2nd half/overtime?

That's a joke.

Uhhh...no? So he makes the field goal we win and if he misses Houston gets it with great field position and a chance to win the game. What more do you need to justify the blame?

And look at it from Houston's perspective. How are you down 20-7 at the half? How do you play such garbage defense against McNabb? How do you let Turk punt the ball instead of giving Rackers a chance when you only net 19 yards?

Also clearly he deserves the blame for the missed field goal, he was the guy kicking and the snap and hold were just FINE!

Yes I put it on the kicker. Both teams had issues, and certainly the Redskins fought back on the final drive making some great plays but ultimately you miss the field goal and you're not walking out of FedEx with a victory.

And there's no "joke" about that.

Archived