Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

this is my list in order.

1. Fred davis for that poor effort on that blocked fg.

2. the entire secondary minus Landry. reed doughty was horrible in coverage as well as carlos, Buchanon, and Horton.

3. Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson, dredful effort running the ball tonight. more so LJ than CP but CP is still pretty bad.

positives: hung with an extremely good AFC team and handled them most of the game untill the 4th. also props to Shanny for showing some class and not icing the kicker like Kubiak did. Mcnabb was awesome!

missed holding calls aside, too many other things to blame. Horrible coverage by our back up safeties. No running game, WHATSOEVER! We let them back in this game so many times, but honestly I can't help but blame fluke.

In the 2nd half, we rushed schaub and he just threw up prayer passes hoping someone comes down with it. Total improv offense, and so many missed holding calls in the process. Our defense needs to work on closing, when we get pressure we need to gravitate towards the ball.

you could blame Davis for the miff black on the FG, or you could blame Heyer for holding on the 3rd down conversion. You could blame Doughty for being a step too late numerous times. Too many things to blame, just one after another.

I choose to blame fluke, that fluke TO called by houston in OT. That fluke catch to a no name texan to seal their FG, that fluke TD catch by johnson on another prayer pass from a rushed schaub just throwing it up. Its like the more we rush QBs the more accurate they get (refer to Romo sits to pee last week). So many fluke missed tackles on foster in the backfield.

and guys please refrain from cussing it up, it gets the threads locked, geez

The only plus i see from this is we get to see how this new team handles adversity

Well, we kind of abandoned it even after Portis started to get going. The wrist injury played a role though. I think Portis given carries can still be somewhat effective. But we NEED a change of pace back.

Larry Johnson should not be in the NFL. Period. Doughty is a good starting SS but he lacks the athleticism to even attempt to play FS.

Haslett. One thing I noticed was that whatever # of WR's Houston had on the field, we had one less CB. WTF is up with that? I know we play a lot of zone, but I'm getting tired of seeing Doughty/McIntosh/Horton/etc. covering a zone that Andre Johnson is roaming through. Hated seeing that all game and it payed dividends for the Texans on their 3rd and 4th downs

Why do we always have to blame somebody? It was a hell of a game that we unfortunately couldn't put away in the end. Personally I'm proud of the way they played. Somebody has to lose games like that and in all honesty....the Texans are a better team than I ever gave them credit for being. Can't win them all... Wish Laron could have stayed in though was the difference in the game in the end.

LJ, the play where he ran backwards for a ten yard loss to begin the fourth quarter put our offense in a huge hole was one of the worst I have ever seen in the NFL and killed our rhythm. Before that play our offense looked unstoppable. After that play we went three and out and did not score again not to mention the great field position it gave Houston.

this is my list in order.

1. Fred davis for that poor effort on that blocked fg.

2. the entire secondary minus Landry. reed doughty was horrible in coverage as well as carlos, Buchanon, and Horton.

3. Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson, dredful effort running the ball tonight. more so LJ than CP but CP is still pretty bad.

positives: hung with an extremely good AFC team and handled them most of the game untill the 4th. also props to Shanny for showing some class and not icing the kicker like Kubiak did. Mcnabb was awesome!

Jim Haiz-lett.

Archived