Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

And why would you ever put your kicker in that position to begin with?

People listing Gano sound like they just turned on the game as OT was starting.

The Redskins were up 27-10 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and people are naming our FG kicker here.

Ridiculous.

ridiculous is losing when leading 27-10.... come to think, I also balme you.

Reed ****ing Doughty.

.....and Jason Campbell.

I don't say Doughty by himself, but he is certainly one of the main reasons. He looked ridiculously slow, I can't say I fully blame him for the 1 on 1 play with Johnson because Andre Johnson is a beast. Can I blame the scheme itself in the entire second half? It was garbage and reeked of last years bend but don't break. Schaub had waaaay too much time to throw and every playaction pass except for one, he had all day to throw. My list goes like this:

1. Defense excluding Landry

1a. Reed Doughty as an individual

2. Kicking Game. (Fred Davis block on the FG, Gano missing the second)

Doughty is a strong safety. He sucks in coverage like Landry does. Horton is probably more suited as a SS as well.

Doughty gave up a desperation pass and catch on 4th and 10 to tie the game. Horton got an offsides and than gave up a big pass play to ice the game. Doughty got his ass handed to him all night.

Uhhh...no? So he makes the field goal we win and if he misses Houston gets it with great field position and a chance to win the game. What more do you need to justify the blame?

And look at it from Houston's perspective. How are you down 20-7 at the half? How do you play such garbage defense against McNabb? How do you let Turk punt the ball instead of giving Rackers a chance when you only net 19 yards?

Also clearly he deserves the blame for the missed field goal, he was the guy kicking and the snap and hold were just FINE!

Yes I put it on the kicker. Both teams had issues, and certainly the Redskins fought back on the final drive making some great plays but ultimately you miss the field goal and you're not walking out of FedEx with a victory.

And there's no "joke" about that.

Yeah, the joke is that you honestly believe that if your defense gives up 17 points in the last 17 minutes of regulation (giving up 200 yards of offense in the process), that the loss ultimately falls on your kicker who misses a 52 yard FG attempt in OT.

After which, the defense again let Houston drive downfield for another 40 yards and 3 points.

If Gano was playing DE or FS on top of kicking, then you might be right.

I don't get how Danny Smith still has a job. Our special teams have been costing us games for years now. The lack of attention to detail by the most worthless unit on the team is ridiculous. These guys have the easiest job in the world yet they find a way to **** it up in unbelievable ways.

I don't get how Danny Smith still has a job. Our special teams have been costing us games for years now. The lack of attention to detail by the most worthless unit on the team is ridiculous. These guys have the easiest job in the world yet they find a way to **** it up in unbelievable ways.

I agree with you. I said when all the coaching changes were going on, how on earth did that guy keep his job. I told my son last week they were going to get kicks blocked this year because the blocking scheme was allowing to much penetration. B Mitch and the post game guys just graded the special teams. F, F, D, and D minus. That pretty much sums it up. It has to start with the coach. He is coming up with the scheme and who he has on the field.

What was up with Shanahan not calling the timeout at the end of the game when Foster didn't get out of bounds until there were like 3 seconds left???? We could have at least forced them to punt and get the ball with a few seconds. Who knows what happens then? That was a terrible decision and coaching move in my opinion.

Uhhh...no? So he makes the field goal we win and if he misses Houston gets it with great field position and a chance to win the game. What more do you need to justify the blame?

And look at it from Houston's perspective. How are you down 20-7 at the half? How do you play such garbage defense against McNabb? How do you let Turk punt the ball instead of giving Rackers a chance when you only net 19 yards?

Also clearly he deserves the blame for the missed field goal, he was the guy kicking and the snap and hold were just FINE!

Yes I put it on the kicker. Both teams had issues, and certainly the Redskins fought back on the final drive making some great plays but ultimately you miss the field goal and you're not walking out of FedEx with a victory.

And there's no "joke" about that.

Also, to add to this:

The Texans had 218 total yards in the 1st half (20 were in garbage time before the halftime was called).

By comparison, the Texans had 209 yards in their final 2 minute drive of the 3rd quarter and in the 4th quarter.

Clearly- it's Gano's fault we lost the game.

I am so sick right about now !!! I live in Houston so you can imagine. As for the blame for the game, how we lead by 17 and still lose? I blame our D for giving up at the end. WTF
You don't think the non-existent of rushing had anything to do with the defense giving up? I'm not blaming the game on the rushing but the defense were on the field much of the second half as the Texans marched on down the field and missed opportunities from the offense put the defense back on the field. It was a good team effort and they lost together. It's no one fault, individually. Defense made some great plays in the second half, especially Landry.

A offense as good as the Texans, they were going to find a opportunity and take it.

Yeah, the joke is that you honestly believe that if your defense gives up 17 points in the last 17 minutes of regulation (giving up 200 yards of offense in the process), that the loss ultimately falls on your kicker who misses a 52 yard FG attempt in OT.

After which, the defense again let Houston drive downfield for another 40 yards and 3 points.

If Gano was playing DE or FS on top of kicking, then you might be right.

Ultimately the score is what matters. Houston still goes home with glaring issues defensively, inconsistency on offense, and some protection issues earlier in the game. As well as Kubiak's dumb call to punt and gain a net of 19 yards instead of give your team a chance at the win.

If Redskins win we just won a close game that shouldn't have been that close to begin with. BUT ultimately that's how football goes. Things happen you make adjustments and momentum shifts. Redskins were able to right the ship at the end stopping Houston and the offense moved the ball well to put us in a position to win.

Gano makes the first and we're gong home with a win against one of the better teams in the league.Kubiak calls the timeout and we kick again. Points were taken off the board because he missed that field goal. That's who the blame falls on.

What was up with Shanahan not calling the timeout at the end of the game when Foster didn't get out of bounds until there were like 3 seconds left???? We could have at least forced them to punt and get the ball with a few seconds. Who knows what happens then? That was a terrible decision and coaching move in my opinion.
No, I don't think anyone was aware that Foster was still inbounds.

Archived