Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

There is no way to ignore the 20 points and most of the 460+ passing yards that the defense allowed in the 2nd half. They adjusted at halftime and our coaches had no answer... or willingness to change the coverage scheme in the secondary. To say their receivers were open in the second half is an understatement. When they went over the middle the word "alone" is more accurate than open.

Well, we kind of abandoned it even after Portis started to get going. The wrist injury played a role though. I think Portis given carries can still be somewhat effective. But we NEED a change of pace back.

Larry Johnson should not be in the NFL. Period. .

BINGO !!!

Our running game is avg to poor with Portis in the game, but it is nonexistent with Portis out of the game.

**** the "ice the kicker" rule. Classeless move by Kubiak, let the players play. You win some you lose some.

I hate the rule too, but I don't blame Kubiak for using it to his advantage. I wish the NFL would get rid of the rule though. However, if Gano buries the second one after the timeout then obviously nobody is talking about the timeout at all.

And we haven't done the same thing over the last few years? It was effective for the Texans. I'd bet that Kubiak will do it again.

You can bet it will be done again on Gano in a similar situation because not only did he miss the second one, but it was obvious as soon as it came off his foot. Not even close.

It was clearlly Gano's fault. How do you make the kick when Houston calls Time-out and then miss on the next play? How did Doughty let Andre Johnson get in front of him for the TD catch? On that long bomb to Galloway, McNabb hit him in stride but Galloway let the ball drop through his hands right in the endzone. There's a lot of blame to go around.

As bad as the secondary played, I still put this loss on the offense. The defense has won so many games for us in the past, it was time that the offense win one for us. We were killing houston secondary so tell me with 10-27 a 17 point lead, how do you not score again? Offensive coaches is the blame for this.

Archived