Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

I'm really confused when people keep saying McNabb overthrew Galloway...looking at the replay the ball missed Galloway's hands by inches. A person on this board who was at the game was right there and stated that Galloway should have caught that and it was right there.

If you watch the replay....Galloway eased up while running and then tried to speed up a bit. McNabb didn't really overthrow him...that to me isn't the play that lost the game but Galloway could have caught that if he didn't ease up/slow down.

He must have thrown it 70 yards to within 3 inches of it being a catch, yeah, what a **** throw ;)

1/ Gano (missed kick in O/T, and blocked kick)

2/ Carlos Rogers (Missed tackles, poor coverage and communication)

3/ Reed Doughty (Missed tackles, poor coverage and communication)

4/ Clinton Portis (Pathetic running effort -- we could not punch in a TD in the opening drive, and not get the 1st down when we needed them)

5/ Larry Johson (10 yard loss at a crucial juncture of the game didn't help)

6/ Joey Galloway and Donovan McNabb on the missed connection. Donnie overthrew a wide open Joey. Howvever, a younger Joey catches the ball)

How can you blame Gano for the blocked kick? It was Fred Davis who didn't block the guy who blocked the kick.

If Fred Davis makes a simple block, the Redskins win. Yes, there were a ton of gaffes on the defensive side of the ball, but if you're looking for a single play that decided the game, it was Davis allowing that blocked kick. It's truly amazing how worthless all three of those draft picks continually prove to be.

Fred Davis is far from worthless. Last season he was one of our top receivers. I'm disappointed that he missed the block but he's still a good player.

It was a hell of a game that we unfortunately couldn't put away in the end. Personally I'm proud of the way they played.

I'd be prouder if we had won. But looking back on last season, I don't dread the Skins game come Sunday; I know we're going to ball this year. Barring injury, we only get better.

It's ridiculous to blame Gano for the kick in overtime. A 52-yard field goal kick is never an automatic deal, even for the best of kickers.

For a relatively untested kicker like Gano, nailing a 52-yarder - twice - would have been remarkable. That he missed one of them isn't remarkable at all.

Matt Schaub.

We simply got outplayed when it mattered most by a team that will challenge the Indianapolis Colts for the AFC South.

We're not used to playing teams this good, this tight. Make no mistake, last years team losses by three touchdowns last Sunday.

We're rebuilding and we're already this good.

Archived