Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you blame for the loss?

Lar0n Landry

So I guess you missed the part where he hit it the first go around? :doh:

No genius, I saw him make the first one. But to expect him to hit two consecutive ones from that distance is well...asking too much. And if he misses you're giving the other team the ball near midfield. I even agreed with Kubiak when he did that with Rackers. Neither of these kickers inspire confidence to hit one 52 yarder, much less two.

Only the typical fan would point to the micro and not look at the macro. The reason we lost this game is the same reason we lost the Saints game last year and many close games over the past few seasons. We don't have enough playmakers and talent on our team, so we keep opponents in the game every week. We've got rotation caliber guys playing in 10 of our 22 starting spots. We're the 2005 Redskins all over again and we'll be lucky to eke our way into the playoffs, but we won't do **** when or if...IF...we get there. This is Snyder's fault...always has been and always will be until someone turns the franchise around. Hopefully that will be Bruce Allen and his staff and coaches.

This was the game, the litmus test if you will, where I was looking to see if we were the real deal or not. I got my answer. I also love when your favorite team has players in post game interviews who say things like, "We've got a tough schedule" without being prompted. That's the spirit! Way to have the killer instinct. Same ol' Redskins. This very well could be an 0-2 team right now and in many ways it should be. Sure, we looked good at three roster spots tonight and at 4 roster spots last Sunday. Great! That makes us the Browns. Awesome!

Wow, you're a really pessimistic s.o.b. aren't ya? There aren't really any teams setting the league on fire so far this season though, right? Look really macro, bro, every team has holes, every team has "rotation caliber guys" plugged into spots at times (do you watch other games or just sit in your room and fume while watching the Redskins each week?) Granted that the Snyderrato years have set us back quite a ways, but your soliloquy is hyperbole run amuck...

The key is trying to minimize your weaknesses while maximizing your opponents'... hence how is Andre Johnson one-on-one nearly every play? How is Philip Buchanon always involved in the biggest play in the game at the worst moment (see: Austin, Miles on 4th and 10 last week)? How is it when you're consistently getting pressure that Schaub is still able to dump the ball off over our OLBs (Andre Carter as on OLB is just horrific to watch)?

We're fitting square pegs into round holes this year with the defense switch guys, there are going to be more of these games given our tough schedule, not ugly crap games like last week. Also, all of you saying we should have tried to run the ball in the second half are crazy, you stick with what works, and that ain't CP running into the line and falling down or LJ losing his mind...

Unfortunately, a block FG, a near-miss by Galloway, the key to our season (behing McNabb), Trent Williams, getting injured, and our kicker yacking on his 2nd FG attempt after calmly nailing the first one, ALL had to happen for us to lose this game. There's plenty of blame to go around and this "Way to have the killer instinct. Same ol' Redskins" talk is the talk of a defeated fan... be angry, be upset, but don't claim that it's the same ol' Redskins, when it's jus the SAME OL' YOU!

I haven't read 11 pages but if there was 1 player responsible for not doing his job,as basic as it was, that cost the skins this game it was Fred Davis. everything that came after that blocked field gold is irrelevant and moot if Davis does his LITTLE job and block the outside rusher. Pathetic attempt. And when are we going to hole Danny smith accountable?? Year after years our special teams are pathetic garbage, costs us games and little Danny just keeps his job. He needs to be replace ASAP. Last week's FG debacle and now this weeks FG debacle. Just really unacceptable IMO.

There's plenty of blame to go around but I want to direct some criticism to Shannahan for a few key decisions.

He took far too long taking a TO at the end of the 1st half. He's either going to let them run out the clock or force a punt, by wasting several seconds he did neither.

When Williams went down why did he plug heyer in at LT? We have a pro bowl LT in Brown. Leave Heyer at RT (where he'd played some the last two games) and put Brown on the blind side.

Why didn't he, like Kubiak, use a time out to ice their kicker?

That's what I'm saying.

A lot of coaches pull that trick. It's legal.

Why is it "dirty?" Is it annoying? Absolutely. But it's not dirty or classless.

Holy crap... I just realized why the NFL has done NOTHING about this...

Do you turn off the movie when Jason is hunting the cute co-ed running through the house?

They will NOT ban this rule because..... wait for it..... It causes SUSPENSE, and you know what Time outs cause? COMMERCIALS... Kicker just missed a 40 yarder that was negated by a time out... Stay tuned after the commercials to see if he f's it up again...

And it IS "dirty" because the opposing coach KNOWS that they are going to kick the field goal anyway because there's not enough time to stop everything... If you want to ICE the kicker, call the time out when the line gets set, NOT when the holder holds his hands up... That is COMPLETELY bush league...

No genius, I saw him make the first one. But to expect him to hit two consecutive ones from that distance is well...asking too much.

Asking too much? :ols:

It's his job. He booted the first one straight down the middle and it would have been good from 60 yards. Then second time, snap and hold were good, he missed it badly to the right.

Last time I checked these guys get a paycheck to make kicks. Sure it was difficult, but he made the first one so you knew it wasn't an impossible kick.

I blame the Texans for not giving up when we were up by alot of points. Damn them!

This team is in a new system all around, and the Texans have a good offense. If anything we should have kept our foot on the gas offensively and given them no hope.

Well said, that team would have blown us away if we didn't have an offensive showing like we did. Games like this happen to every team, even World Champion teams. We are sitting pretty tied for 1st in the East and we can score points as we see. There is so much we can and will learn from this game, then put it behind us and destroy the Rams.

Doughty has yet to make any play, whatsoever, that would create even an ounce of positive momentum for this team this season. The guy sucks insanely bad, and whoever thinks different is a ****ing idiot.

I have to agree. Why did we even pick Doughty up? Same thing wirh Rogers. They can never seem to get infront of the ball and make an interception. All the way through thr 4th quarter, I was repeating the word "turnover" to myself, atleast 20 times. There were numerous opportunities I saw where one of our corners could have steppped infront of a player and grabbed the ball.

And I thought the pass that McNabb threw to Galloway in the inzone was perfect. The play-by-play guys kept saying that it was over thrown. But, I thought Galloway could have had quicker feet and little bit more effort to get to it. I think if Moss were in his place, he would have caught the ball for the TD.

Asking too much? :ols:

It's his job. He booted the first one straight down the middle and it would have been good from 60 yards. Then second time, snap and hold were good, he missed it badly to the right.

Last time I checked these guys get a paycheck to make kicks. Sure it was difficult, but he made the first one so you knew it wasn't an impossible kick.

Exactly, is it asking too much to make 2 consecutive field goals? Just make the 2nd kick and game is over.

Exactly, is it asking too much to make 2 consecutive field goals? Just make the 2nd kick and game is over.

I will agree. It was amazing to see the first one go in at 52 yards. Asking someone to do that again is a bit much. What did surprise me was when Shanahan did not call time out to try and ice Neil Rackers. Aren't you thinking that we could have possibly foreced a block field goal if we had time to think of a good formation. Possibly rush Santana Moss in from the side?

I have read alot of obviouses...secondary...Davis bad block...etc... and I agree...but I also think we need to do a better job with managing the clock...the Defense looked beat out there IMO

Yea, the defense has had to do most of the work sense we played Dallas. The offense improved in the passing game and the run game was okay. Clinton Portis did very good. We need help in our secondary. Our run stop is decent, but stopping the pass is a problem for us. DeAngelo Hall is a very good corner in my opinion. I would much rather have him and Buchannon out there, than Rogers. Rogers got lucky on that interception early in the game. He still can't seem to get his hands around that ball without bobbling it. Maybe he is too excited during the game?

Answer is, nobody is the blame for this loss. There were key mistakes in different areas. Shananahan is definately not to blame for the loss. The man, coached a good game. I am happy to see us put up a fight.

Ok.. Am I the only one that saw Galloway unable to run under that deep ball that McNabb threw??? I mean C'mon .. McNabb bought time in the pocket stepped right, threw it ten miles in the air and Galloway STILL couldn't run under it! lol He also didnt even close his hands or dive. Game is over at that point if he catches that TD. Armstrong should've been running that route not Galloway! It was a perfect play call for the coverage and we couldn't make the play!

Many miscues, but the problems in the secondary are not always Reed Doughty. Hall and Rogers had their share of receptions against them also. A whiff on a field goal, missing an iced field goal, false start on 3rd and 1, all cost the Skins.

But if I had to pick one phase of the game it would be the center of the OLine.

The Skins have no running game because the center of the OLine gets no push. Rabach keeps his man out of the backfield on passing plays, granted. But he doesn't move the pile on goal line offense or short yardage and his man is never moved out of the hole on running plays. The running game pays for his inadequacies.

The running game is what you use to close out a game, or move for better field position at the the end of a game when tied. With a running game, even with Gano's iced miss, there should have been no time left on the clock. One of the first two field goals would have been a TD with a decent running game. No running game means the Skns are one-dimensional.

Still, you can't replace an entire OL in a single year and the Skins/Allen/Shanahan did what they could in last year's offseason. The Texans manhandled the Colts who manhandled the Gints. With the Skins, they barely eked out a win. That's still encouraging.

Archived