Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Else Concerned About Reed Doughty?

bulldog

Doughty's a 6th year veteran and bit hard on that fake that ended up with Austin alone in the back of the end zone for a TD. Also I recall watching replay where Reed was beaten down the field and Carlos Rogers had to come over and make a saving tackle.

Hopefully, Kareem Moore won't be out too much longer because he is the only FS on the roster with cover skills.

Tyrone Carter was 34 and coming off what Steelers' fans said was a lackluster 2009 season but I wonder if we should have kept him on the roster for those first 3-4 games that Moore seems likely to miss.

Looking at the Texans I see a big target, Owen Daniels, roasting Doughty.

We better hope the pressure gets to Schaub because Doughty could be a meal you feast off of.

Doughty like Westbrook is a good special teamer but I still think the club is crazy counting on him in the regular defense as the defacto starter at either spot in case Landry or Moore gets dinged.

I think we need a better athlete and a guy with better instincts.

I have always been concerned about reed doughty starting at free safety, that being said he deserves a roster spot just because hes a great specieal teams player but i do hope we get kareem moore back and see what he can do he has never really started at safety tho i dont think.

I told my buddy "Reed is almost always in the right place, but about one or two steps too late." He just isn't an elite athlete and probably why players were genuinely concerned when Moore was hurt since he's the only real FS on the team who has the speed and athleticism to play the position. Yes, he's a weak spot, but I like what I've read about him and he should be on the team as depth/special teamer.

He definitely cost us on that TD, and I'm not sure if he was the reason Austin was wide open on that 4th and whatever late in the game. Kareem Moore can't get healthy soon enough for me.

Actually, he was playing deep on that play, so I'd say he wasn't responsible.

Unfortunately, I didn't see most of the game, but what I saw he looked OK. The only questionable one was the play where the corner blitzed and both safeties were on the the receiver and Doughty was a hair late getting there. He looked good with the double team with Fletcher on Williams.

if u look he isn't the best tackler either. since this team is preaching turnovers i say they play horton who was a turnover machine when healthy. also moore was consindered being able to play before the dallas game. does that mean he has an even better shot of playing this game? i hope so.

if u look he isn't the best tackler either. since this team is preaching turnovers i say they play horton who was a turnover machine when healthy. also moore was consindered being able to play before the dallas game. does that mean he has an even better shot of playing this game? i hope so.

Horton is a poor man's Doughty (which is a scary thought). He got his only turnovers in a two game span and has done nothing ever since.

Reed is like a less athletic but more disciplined Laron Landry.

Shouldn't be anywhere near Free Safety, but can be a tackling machine at Strong. Where Landry does it with athetlic freakishness, Reed is just great at taking the right angles and putting himself in the right spot. But both need to stay away from Free.

Archived