Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Else Concerned About Reed Doughty?

bulldog

Horton is a poor man's Doughty (which is a scary thought). He got his only turnovers in a two game span and has done nothing ever since.

i'd like to see him be put into the game and judge from there. we've yet to see him get a chance with this new defense. if he stinks then so be it but we can't keep putting doughty out there to get schooled.

Reed is like a less athletic but more disciplined Laron Landry.

Shouldn't be anywhere near Free Safety, but can be a tackling machine at Strong. Where Landry does it with athetlic freakishness, Reed is just great at taking the right angles and putting himself in the right spot. But both need to stay away from Free.

I wouldn't mind seeing Landry at free safety now that there's a coaching staff in place that won't put up with his bull****. He was fine under Williams. Blache tried Landry at SS last year, and he sucked at it just as much as at FS.

Reed Doughty was the worst player on the field last night- as he is every time he's in the lineup. The guy is a great story and great guy, but he is NOT an NFL calibur starting safety. He's been bad for years- it seemed like every reception the Cowboys had was a result of Doughty's weaknesses. Romo sits to pee was targeting the guy without a doubt.

We need to see Moore out there, and I'd personally prefer to give Horton the nod over Reed.

Reed Doughty was the worst player on the field last night- as he is every time he's in the lineup. The guy is a great story and great guy, but he is NOT an NFL calibur starting safety. He's been bad for years- it seemed like every reception the Cowboys had was a result of Doughty's weaknesses. Romo sits to pee was targeting the guy without a doubt.

We need to see Moore out there, and I'd personally prefer to give Horton the nod over Reed.

I got to agree sadly, I was hoping that he was going to kick it up a notch. He was clearly the reason for some of those long completions and the YAC.

I think Reed is a solid strong safety and there was some website that ranked him as the best safety in the league against the run last year. (PFF?) He's always been fairly solid in man to man matchups against tight ends as well.

He really, really struggles covering deep zones though. I don't know if he's slow to make the read or if he's just not fast enough to get where he should be, but he consistently lets guys get wide open in the secondary.

I think Reed is a solid strong safety and there was some website that ranked him as the best safety in the league against the run last year. (PFF?) He's always been fairly solid in man to man matchups against tight ends as well.

He really, really struggles covering deep zones though. I don't know if he's slow to make the read or if he's just not fast enough to get where he should be, but he consistently lets guys get wide open in the secondary.

Why don't they put Landry at FS until Moore is healthy? There'd be little, if any, dropoff there. I can't imagine Landry being nearly as bad as Doughty at FS, though.

I am definetely concerned about him what the hell ever happened to Chris Horton he made game changing interceptions, forced big fumbles as well as recovered them. To me he is our best free safety on the roster Im not sure about Kareem Moore never seen him play, but Doughty is a good pro special teamer and deserves to be on the roster, but not a starter hopefully he does better because he hurt us last night a lil bit.

Why don't they put Landry at FS until Moore is healthy? There'd be little, if any, dropoff there. I can't imagine Landry being nearly as bad as Doughty at FS, though.

I think that's been the theory for the last 2 years, but we saw Landry get burned frequently last year. We haven't had a true free safety for a while now (besides Moore) and where to put landry has always been a heavily debated topic.

It's probably too late now, but I think Barnes could have played the backup FS role if we got him comfortable there in the preseason. He's got the speed, hands, and hitting ability to play the role, it's just a matter of him getting comfortable back there.

I am definetely concerned about him what the hell ever happened to Chris Horton he made game changing interceptions, forced big fumbles as well as recovered them. To me he is our best free safety on the roster.

:insane: I'm not quite sure he's ever lined up at free safety. Two of his interceptions were off deflections, and the one that wasn't was a brilliant call by Blache. Horton admitted that he ran straight for the side because that's what the play was. Lo and behold, Romo sits to pee threw there. The guy lost his job to Reed-freaking-Doughty. He's not good.

I don't trust reed out there. He bit hard on the play fake in the endzone, then he gets burnt or blows his coverage. Always a step too late.

I don't think Horton can be any worse, why is he not starting over him.

The guy lost his job to Reed-freaking-Doughty. He's not good.

I think that's been the theory for the last 2 years, but we saw Landry get burned frequently last year. We haven't had a true free safety for a while now (besides Moore) and where to put landry has always been a heavily debated topic.

It would be until Moore came back, and it couldn't possibly hurt considering how pitiful Doughty is back there. Last year was an abomination for everyone, and I imagine the defensive coaches last season were the reason for many woes.

:insane: I'm not quite sure he's ever lined up at free safety. Two of his interceptions were off deflections, and the one that wasn't was a brilliant call by Blache. Horton admitted that he ran straight for the side because that's what the play was. Lo and behold, Romo sits to pee threw there. The guy lost his job to Reed-freaking-Doughty. He's not good.

Come on mand don't be an idiot so your saying that the coaches made him intercept the ball ,the players make the plays. Ill take 3 interceptions over 0 not to mention being burned all night long. So you sit there and be the only redskin fan in the world backing up Reed you schmuck.

To say that Horton never played as free safety is ridicoulous, we ran a 4-3 defense so both safties have to cover and help on run in certain plays.

But you sit there and act like you know about football just cause you play madden.

Come on mand don't be an idiot so your saying that the coaches made him intercept the ball ,the players make the plays. Ill take 3 interceptions over 0 not to mention being burned all night long. So you sit there and be the only redskin fan in the world backing up Reed you schmuck.

To say that Horton never played as free safety is ridicoulous, we ran a 4-3 defense so both safties have to cover and help on run in certain plays.

But you sit there and act like you know about football just cause you play madden.

He's right though. Horton was always used as an in the box Strong Safety, and he rarely dropped into deep coverage because he's not very good at it.

doughty's got heart and he hits hard but he just does not help our defense when he's out there. he's always there hitting hard 2 seconds after the receiver picked up a huge first down. never liked him as a starter. would much rather have horton out there.

this opinion has been repeatedly reinforced for YEARS. he's not gonna change, and it's no fluke that our division rival knows exactly who to throw at.

Archived