Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

Tiger Wood's fall has been shocking, but not extraordinary.   There are lots of Grant Hills, Penny Hardaways, Shawn Kemps of the world.  the longevity from the Michael Jordans and Karl Malones are the exception, not the rule. 

Tiger was more reliant on athleticism than his peers and lots of athletes like that see a drop off in their prime years, some earlier than other...   Tiger Wood's body gave out on him.  Whetehr it is due to steroids (or stopping using steroids) is speculative.... but the physical fall-off is undeniable.  

it matters alot for being able to recover from injury, and recover time from extensive training/practice.   Tiger put alot more stress on his body than most golfers (or so i have been told by the pundits)

If true, add steroids, and explains the sudden fall.  Caught up with him.

Do they drug test in golf?

Yeah to be honest, that sucked. I don't want to see that at the Masters. I want to see guys going for it, pushing for those Eagles

And yet, he birdied the two par 5s coming down the stretch. The score card isn't story book.

If true, add steroids, and explains the sudden fall.  Caught up with him.

Do they drug test in golf?

Yes, they do. Scott Stallings was suspended this year for PED use.

I don't follow golf or Tiger, but did Woods use Steroids? He does look like he did and is that not cheating in golf.

Does it matter in golf besides hitting the ball farther?

Just asking.

I think increasing your endurance would be an advantage in golf. Beyond that, I can't think where steroids would increase your odds of winning. He hit the ball further back he was skinny.

Why did he pay off his mistress and have her sign an confidentiality agreement after the news of his affairs were already well known?  What was he worried she was going to say that would matter in to the tunes of millions of dollars?  The world already knew he exhibited the sexual discernment of a frisky truck driver.  I think stuff like that coupled with his sudden decline is why people think there is more to the story than just Tiger woods relationship with Butch Harmon.  All athletes age and as they do suffer from injuries, but Tiger Woods went over a cliff suddenly and after looking like he might recover fell on his face to the point of being kind of a punchline with excuses like this "my glutes are shutting off."

• 2 weeks later...

I was glad Tiger was at least under par.   

That being said, lots of good stuff this weekend.  I watched pretty much all day both Sat & Sun.  Nice to see some new names on the leaderboard.   

One of my co-workers said he likes Rickie Fowler lately...because he's just good enough to make his douchebaggery tolerable :lol:

He's still done. He will still show signs of brilliance every now and then, but winning tournaments will be far and between.

So what you really mean is that he is done being the single most dominant modern day golfer ever and now will be like the top 20% of the PGA and win a tournament or two every year?

Granted..he has to get back to winning..but still..I think I could see that.

So what you really mean is that he is done being the single most dominant modern day golfer ever and now will be like the top 20% of the PGA and win a tournament or two every year?

Top 20%. We'll see. I said winning will be far and between. I have not seen nothing to suggest that he's "almost there."

I think top 20% would be the high level.

Don't forget, they were obviously, and regularly, mocking him and laughing at him on TV just a few weeks ago.

His issue isn't that he can't play great golf, it's that he can't do it very often. It'll take more than one good weekend to do that.

I'd love to see him have one last dominate year though.

• 2 weeks later...

+3 already at The PGA. I believe he should seriously consider calling it a career.

Archived