Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

The standard answer is: Tiger had such a powerful swing that it destroyed his knees/back. Part (most/all?) of the reason for him changing his swing was that his body just couldn't take it any longer.

Sorry, I meant to delve deeper when I first read your post ...

I watched the ESPN special (in around '97 or so) on his swing. The turning of his hips so fast gave him extra power on his drive, and after watching, it gave me about 20 extra yards~my neighbors brought my balls back to me when I went super errant, LOL~I had a double-back-yard...a small section fenced in, then a small creek, then another bigger fenced-in behind the creek, I'd try to make a certain chip, like get it over both fences and into a kiddie pool), but my drives were improved.

Btw, I play like my mom. I don't care if it takes me 20...I ain't leaving that fairway.

You don't have to be rich to play golf.

That is a naïve perception of the game.

Maybe not rich but you have to have a decent amount of disposable income.

If you play a round of golf for under 30 bucks you are either on a modified dog track or the clerk mistyped.

Golf is not something you can do one time a month with any success.

It's not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I just played last weekend on Saturday for $22. Pohick Bay in Lorton, VA. It was a twlight rate, but even with four guys playing ready golf we were done by sunset. You can easily play once a week for under $30 if you try to find deals. I also prefer to do that over going out to the movies or out for drinks in the summer. I would rather be outside.

i'm struggling to find cheap courses. we had one for 25$, but it closed

next cheapest is prince william county, and i think it's ~$40. next is bristow manor which is like $80 and a) i don't have a $80 golf game, B) that course eats me alive :(

it's about the only thing that i'm jealous of those closer to DC, they have access to more/cheaper courses. i have go quit a bit out to get access to those :(

when i was in Minnesota they had cheap courses. courses are just too expensive in the NVA area :(

• 4 weeks later...

Can we just get a group together to pay for a bunch of hookers and hooters waitresses to go to his hotel room? Is there a kickstarter for this?

I just want to see great golf from him again. Whatever it takes. Who is with me?

Gonna need HGH guru Anthony Galea, too. Prolly get a little expensive.

I just played last weekend on Saturday for $22. Pohick Bay in Lorton, VA. It was a twlight rate, but even with four guys playing ready golf we were done by sunset. You can easily play once a week for under $30 if you try to find deals. I also prefer to do that over going out to the movies or out for drinks in the summer. I would rather be outside.

So 100.00 a month to do something once a week is cheap? Maybe in the golf world Nevermind you'll never have any success playing once a week.

Can we just get a group together to pay for a bunch of hookers and hooters waitresses to go to his hotel room? Is there a kickstarter for this?

I just want to see great golf from him again. Whatever it takes. Who is with me?

Not with you.  How often do you get to see a dominant athlete completely lose the ability to play other than just getting old.  This would be like Michael Jordan being 35 years old and losing the ability to shoot the basketball, being relegated to the bench, and scoring 8 points per game.

I actually remember when Tiger won his 14th major. Every single talking head said Tiger topping Nicklaus's 18 majors was a GIVEN. There was not one person who said, "Hey that Jack Nicklaus guy was pretty good. He might not make it."

Has there been a more epic fall from the top for an athlete? I don't mean college kids that were draft busts, I mean professional athletes at the top of their game. Tyson comes to mind, but I think Tiger's fall is worse.

Has there been a more epic fall from the top for an athlete? I don't mean college kids that were draft busts, I mean professional athletes at the top of their game. Tyson comes to mind, but I think Tiger's fall is worse.

It's unprecedented. One of the commentators said yesterday that "it's like if Michael Jordan came back to the Bulls from baseball and averaged 5 points a game".

I wouldn't compare Ali's fall to Tiger's. Ali was done after the last Frazier fight. Plus, hardly anyone leaves gracefully in boxing. Just about every boxer hangs around a fight or two too long.

Tiger on the other hand actually had a pretty good year minus the Majors a couple of years ago. Now, today, dude looks like a weekend hacker. Right now, Tiger Woods is an afterthought.

Archived