Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

Exactly. I have never even heard of any of these guys at this tournament.

You have never heard of Davis Love III, Carl Petterson, Brandt Snedeker, Paul Casey, Martin Kaymer, Charl Schwartzel, Webb Simpson (all in top 20 scoreboard right now)?

Charles Howell III, Vijay, Lucas Glover, Adam Scott, Justin Leonard (all in top 40 scoreboard)?

How about Ernie Els or Jason Dufner? Never heard of them (top 50 scoreboard right now)?

Lol...Where's Spieth and Rory?

Seriously, wake me when he "COMPETES" in a tourney that actually matters.

2 things.

1) It does matter because he has to win to keep playing this year.

2) So do a lot of other entrants.

As for the first two you mentioned, they are correctly taking the week off to rest up for the postseason (FedEx Cup) that starts next week.

Yep, a postseason Tiger won't be apart of unless he finishes in the top 2.

Look, I don't dislike Tiger, but playing good in tournaments like this isn't going to impress anybody. He has to play good when in tournaments where all the big names are competing.

Yep, a postseason Tiger won't be apart of unless he finishes in the top 2.

Look, I don't dislike Tiger, but playing good in tournaments like this isn't going to impress anybody. He has to play good when in tournaments where all the big names are competing.

Agreed. That said, you usually can't do that unless you start somewhere. With him rebuilding his swing..again...this is the first baby step. 

Another solid round today but two back.  Has just as good a chance as anyone to win it, but you get a sense that someone in the top 15 will put up a 62 or 63 tomorrow to take it.

I love how Czaban's latest blog post from earlier this week essentially buries Tiger, but after Woods made eagle to move into a tie of the lead yesterday, was giggling like a schoolgirl over him during the Drive yesterday. Gee Steve, do you like the guy or not........make up your mind.

Another solid round today but two back.

That's where he was when I left work (we were watching, but battling between watching the final 4 holes and HS football), so...

It's nice to see him up there on the board. Good for golf, and good for those of us who believe in "redemption", so to speak. This is your life, pick yourself up & get on with it, no matter how long it takes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

since this is the general golf thread as well as the tiger woods thread...

anyone go to the golf show at dulles today? i was there for an hour and a half, first time going to something like that, and i was a little disappointed. it seemed like maybe 30% of it was golf gear, the rest of it was like trips/packages and some other weird stuff. I thought i would have seen more clubs.

i managed to pick up a set of mp-25's for 650, which retail for 999. they marked them down to like 850, but i just stood there. didn't say a thing. guy just kept dropping the price. i bet if you go up there tomorrow you can get even better deals...

they also let me just take random clubs and go demo them. which was nice. i would have never bought mp-25's, i would have gone with more beginner style clubs, but i swung those and a bunch of others and i just kept going back to them...

also, someone will get a kick out of this... so i came home and was swapping out my clubs so i could go to the range and check them out... i got my old clubs off craigslist like 4 years ago for $90. They're old ben hogans. They were perfect for figuring out if i wanted to play golf or not. Except... they're a solid club head's length shorter than my new mizunos... the **** cut the clubs down and didn't bother to tell me, and i never bothered to check.

i've been playing with short people clubs for the last 4 years... no wonder i had such a rough time...

Archived