Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well my two boys are having a time out in their bedrooms after some handbags at ten paces after final whistle at Anfield. The Chelsea fan is the happier of the two - though I suspect neither will be very happy if they are watching the City game. City back in pole position, but there will be some more twists before it's done.

Robbie Mustoe is a giant tool. Mourinhio, or any other manager for that matter, isn't in the business to make friends and last I checked this isn't figure skating and style points don't matter. If he had to park 4 busses, a minivan and a couple of donkeys carrying carriages and it got him the win, he's done his job and that's all that matters.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

Honestly thought Chelsea created the better chances to score and were unlucky not to get a penalty on flanagan handball/ Kalas missing an open header off the corner. Of course Sakho could have had a brace himself wasting LFC's two best chances.

Title race is not over yet though with City still to play at Goodison Park, they often look shaky away from home.

Robbie Mustoe is a giant tool. Mourinhio, or any other manager for that matter, isn't in the business to make friends and last I checked this isn't figure skating and style points don't matter. If he had to park 4 busses, a minivan and a couple of donkeys carrying carriages and it got him the win, he's done his job and that's all that matters.

Have to agree - Mourinhio is the best manager in the Premiership by some distance. His teams are not always good watching for a neutral but as you say that's not keeping him awake at night. If Chelsea can bring in a high quality centre forward and maybe a number 10 (I'm not a huge fan of Oscar) they are my tip for next years title.

https://twitter.com/FootieWriter/status/460518337324535808

This racism is disgusting, vile, inexcusable.

Dani Alves what a reaction. #EatingRacismOutOfFootball @kickitout

4:38 PM

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E82CDEF4471072301339046043648_1398630748835f7d002b1ea.mp4.mp4?versionId=sSG6DcoUC64UjWRsVTZrwl6FNbHEjYRm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/a-villarreal-fan-threw-a-banana-at-dani-alves--so-he-ate-it-before-taking-his-corner-kick-205443558.html

A Villarreal fan threw a banana at Dani Alves, so he ate it before taking his corner kick

It's been a very emotional few days for Barcelona as they had to travel to Villarreal and try to keep their title hopes alive just two days after the death of former manager Tito Vilanova. Given the circumstances, it was understandable that Barca fell behind 2-0 before the hour mark, but then they mounted a comeback and in the midst of that, Dani Alves showed that he was not in the mood to let any abusive fans get to him.

A Villarreal own goal in the 65th minute made it 2-1 and gave Barcelona something to build on. About 10 minutes later, Barca won a corner kick and Dani Alves went to take it. Villarreal fans threw things at him once he got near them — one of those items being a banana. When Alves spotted it laying on the pitch, he casually picked it up, unpeeled it, took a big bite, tossed the peel aside and took his corner kick. As cool as can be.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

I love you GHH.

Don't go to jail tonight bro

Usually I enjoy ppl in sports that relish in being the villain but **** Mourinho and everyone that loves him. 

I would've been handing out "Chelsea Grins" if I was there.

I was more defeated afterwards than anything.

The 2012 Ravens game was the last time I was ready to go at a game.  Thankfully that ended well for us and I was just an ass to everyone in purple.

First things first: j man, my beer count has surpassed too many to remember.

Well where to start with that. Mourinho has more faces than a ****ing town hall clock. He has the nerve to criticise West Ham and call them archaic and from the dark ages; and then set's out at Anfield like that. Yes, it's a results business and he got the result. But time wasting from the get-go (a booking in injury time for that. Really? Like that makes any ****ing difference after you spent all game warning them and doing **** all about it); and not just parking the bus but parking a whole ****ing fleet of them. Man I'm glad I don't pay to watch that every week. The only saving grace was Torres was too gutless to take the chance himself at the end. (SERIOUSLY Aspas?).

Since the game ended, I've been inundated with texts from Blues I'd forgotten I even knew. (Funny how that happens.) And to a man (MisterPinstripe won't like this) they ALL want to lose to City next Saturday. They'd rather finish outside the top 4 than Liverpool win the League. (It's called a football rivalry. Something this boards over sensitive Utd fans seem to have little concept of.). So expect Goodison to be as welcoming as is possible next week. Hopefully Everton's players have different ideas to the support. 

Today's gone. All we can do is win out and see where it leaves us. 

One things for certain. Chelsea won't be winning the title. And for the good of football, that's a blessed relief. 

Onto Palace. Last time I checked, we're still top the league!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yeah... Aspas.  We needed Henderson in that game.  Lucas is a poor subsitute for his energy.

What was weird was how open Lucas was in the final third but no one fed him.  I'm ready to move on too.

Yeah... Aspas.  We needed Henderson in that game.  Lucas is a poor subsitute for his energy.

What was weird was how open Lucas was in the final third but no one fed him.  I'm ready to move on too.

As average a talent as he is, we've missed Henderson massively the last two games. And there's a lot that you'd move on in an ideal World. 

We CAN'T **** this up when it's SO close as this group won't get this chance again bar another miracle season from Suarez and Sturridge. 

Hail. 

......  I'm ready to move on too.

You know lil' Bro, rather than being flat, and I only got back in the last hour, the City was defiantly buzzing all evening. Even with the probability of Everton lying down next week, people still believe. Take care of our business the last two and let's see where we stand. 

We are Liverpool!

Hail. 

• Like 1

You know lil' Bro, rather than being flat, and I only got back in the last hour, the City was defiantly buzzing all evening. Even with the probability of Everton lying down next week, people still believe. Take care of our business the last two and let's see where we stand. 

We are Liverpool!

Hail. 

City need all 9 points.  We need all 6.  Anything can happen.

I'd like it to happen at Goodison. 

City need all 9 points.  We need all 6.  Anything can happen.

I'd like it to happen at Goodison. 

Or Andy Carroll getting the last day winner against them.  :lol:

Everton stopping City winng next Saturday would be doubly funny as it would totally demoralise the Blue half of the City knowing they handed Liverpool the league.  :lol:

Hail. 

Or Andy Carroll getting the last day winner against them.  :lol:

Everton stopping City winng next Saturday would be doubly funny as it would totally demoralise the Blue half of the City knowing they handed Liverpool the league.  :lol:

Hail. 

Palace is no walk in the park, brother.  City played them VERY well today and only scored 2.  First time they'd been had like that in a while.

I don't think Martinez will lay down.  Even though Arsenal have an easy go the rest of the way.

Palace is no walk in the park, brother.  City played them VERY well today and only scored 2.  First time they'd been had like that in a while.

I don't think Martinez will lay down.  Even though Arsenal have an easy go the rest of the way.

NO games a 'walk in the park' at this stage. 

But Palace won't be playing with 10 behind the ball for 90 minutes and time wasting from the first whistle like the ****e we sat through today. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

First things first: j man, my beer count has surpassed too many to remember.

Well where to start with that. Mourinho has more faces than a ****ing town hall clock. He has the nerve to criticise West Ham and call them archaic and from the dark ages; and then set's out at Anfield like that. Yes, it's a results business and he got the result. But time wasting from the get-go (a booking in injury time for that. Really? Like that makes any ****ing difference after you spent all game warning them and doing **** all about it); and not just parking the bus but parking a whole ****ing fleet of them. Man I'm glad I don't pay to watch that every week. The only saving grace was Torres was too gutless to take the chance himself at the end. (SERIOUSLY Aspas?).

Since the game ended, I've been inundated with texts from Blues I'd forgotten I even knew. (Funny how that happens.) And to a man (MisterPinstripe won't like this) they ALL want to lose to City next Saturday. They'd rather finish outside the top 4 than Liverpool win the League. (It's called a football rivalry. Something this boards over sensitive Utd fans seem to have little concept of.). So expect Goodison to be as welcoming as is possible next week. Hopefully Everton's players have different ideas to the support. 

Today's gone. All we can do is win out and see where it leaves us. 

One things for certain. Chelsea won't be winning the title. And for the good of football, that's a blessed relief. 

Onto Palace. Last time I checked, we're still top the league!

Hail. 

Always on your mind. Some United mention will always slip out of you.  

Yeah... I can never root for my team to lose. No matter what the result. Though admittedly I don't live in Liverpool and deal with you stupid reds on a daily basis. :P

On a related note, how funny would it be if Gerrard was the one to **** up your chance at the league title. :D

Edited by MisterPinstripe