Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Always on your mind. Some United mention will always slip out of you.

Or Being as you have zero concept of what your talking about, maybe I now just like to nark at you for your ridiculous B/S as I so obviously get under your skin as shown by your replys. -:) (Ridiculous in itself from a faceless poster on a message board but hey-ho.).

Hail.

ES has gotten so snippy recently jeez lol

It's like a staring contest. The United fans feel like they were ganged up on last week, so they are laying it on pretty think this week. They are waiting for a reaction from the Liverpool fans so they (he) can play the 'you can dish it but you can't take it' card. The Arsenal fans (present company excluded) and Everton fan are enjoying making fun of both. Who blinks first? I'm not sure. aAll I know is Liverpool have exceeded expectations this year and are still alive for the title. If they fail to win the title, I will take solace in the fact that they will play Champion's League football next year, the will strengthen their squad over the summer and will be contending for the title again next year. I figure Stevie G has about 3 more years to win and I think they can do it...

Yeah... I can never root for my team to lose. No matter what the result. Though admittedly I don't live in Liverpool and deal with you stupid reds on a daily basis. :P

On a related note, how funny would it be if Gerrard was the one to **** up your chance at the league title. :D

Can't see Martinez and the players giving up and lying down like Moyes has done in similar situations but to say there's fan apathy and little will to give the initiative back to Liverpool is an understatement.

The Gerrard line is quite polite to some of the texts I had last night so I'll just smile at yer.

****er!

Hail.

..... I know is Liverpool have exceeded expectations this year and are still alive for the title. If they fail to win the title, I will take solace in the fact that they will play Champion's League football next year, the will strengthen their squad over the summer and will be contending for the title again next year. I figure Stevie G has about 3 more years to win and I think they can do it...

We had this debate most of last night and the general concencess was we HAVE to win it this year now we're so close. The knock-on effect could be devastating. Let's be honest, the squad is a weak one as has shown the last couple of weeks (the bench yesterday was ironically probably our strongest in months as at least Sturridge can change a game); and the chances of Sturridge and Suarez having such an outstanding season again to cover the other end are a long shot BR and the players have done absolutely magnificent this year, no question. And the pride in them is rightly immense. But without major, quality surgery, the added burdens of Europe will catch up And we're competing in the same pool as Citeh and the boring ******** with Russian backing with both hands tied behind our back financially. (Which makes this seasons achievement all the more fantastic.). And they'll both strengthen and come again next year. Along with 3 or 4 others.

If we want to get this long ass wait over and get Steven what he deserves, this has to be the year.

We CAN'T blow this now we're SO close you can taste it.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

We had this debate most of last night and the general concencess was we HAVE to win it this year now we're so close. The knock-on effect could be devastating. Let's be honest, the squad is a weak one as has shown the last couple of weeks (the bench yesterday was ironically probably our strongest in months as at least Sturridge can change a game); and the chances of Sturridge and Suarez having such an outstanding season again to cover the other end are a long shot BR and the players have done absolutely magnificent this year, no question. And the pride in them is rightly immense. But without major, quality surgery, the added burdens of Europe will catch up And we're competing in the same pool as Citeh and the boring ******** with Russian backing with both hands tied behind our back financially. (Which makes this seasons achievement all the more fantastic.). And they'll both strengthen and come again next year. Along with 3 or 4 others.

If we want to get this long ass wait over and get Steven what he deserves, this has to be the year.

We CAN'T blow this now we're SO close you can taste it.

Hail.

I don't think this is a one shot and done deal for Liverpool personally (and I know thats not what you are saying). I think your front 4 are as good as anyones in the Premiership and they will score goals that will keep you in contention for the top 4 spots at least. You have to fix your back 5 though if you are going to stand toe to toe with City and Chelsea beyond this season (let alone really compete in the Champions League). Depth is an issue as well - Chelsea and City have much better depth and can carry injuries that Liverpool just cant right now.

I look at it another way. Sterling is just going to get better. Hendo is getting better and will hopefully be fighting for playing time with a young potential superstar that they will pick up in the Summer. Rodgers will bring in a leftback, rightback or both in the summer. Either llori or Wisdom will be recalled to add to the defense. There is no reason to believe that Suarez will take a step back, in fact if they get another striker and he rests a little I can see him having a better year. Plus, Rodgers has learned from this run, he will be better prepared for a team parking the bus when they need a point. Maybe UEFA actually comes down on City for FFP violations, maybe Chelsea is prevented from spending billions on players. Liverpool has more financial room to grow within the confines of FFP. FSG has a plan and the team is ahead of schedule.

Rumour has it the budget will be 40 - 60 million with the planned ground improvemts. Next to nothing in comparison to the other 2. How he spends will be key, 4 or 5 more Aspas/ Albertos/ Borinis would be a complete waste. 2 or 3 real quality additions, replacing a few boys who've started this year who then add better depth for next would be a far better long term build.

Hail.

Maybe UEFA actually comes down on City for FFP violations, maybe Chelsea is prevented from spending billions on players. Liverpool has more financial room to grow within the confines of FFP. FSG has a plan and the team is ahead of schedule.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah *GASP* Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

I would've been handing out "Chelsea Grins" if I was there.

I was more defeated afterwards than anything.

The 2012 Ravens game was the last time I was ready to go at a game. Thankfully that ended well for us and I was just an ass to everyone in purple.

I'd heard rumours Chelsea got a kicking after yesterday. Just now been looking at some photies around the memorial which the low life ****s spat on and it subsequently went off.

Worst set of ****s in the entire league.

I'd hate to be Mr. C with the prospect of one of his boys being among them and their ****ed up, racist, bigoted sewer dwelling attitude in years to come.

Hail.

Or Being as you have zero concept of what your talking about, maybe I now just like to nark at you for your ridiculous B/S as I so obviously get under your skin as shown by your replys. - :) (Ridiculous in itself from a faceless poster on a message board but hey-ho.).

Hail.

If I'm a faceless poster why did you automatically assume I meant any disrespect towards Hillsborough or Liverpool fans when I posted something about Heysel other than I support Manchester United? That's the only thing either of you guys posted I've ever taken offense to because it simply isn't true.

I'd hate to be Mr. C with the prospect of one of his boys being among them and their ****ed up, racist, bigoted sewer dwelling attitude in years to come.

Hail.

I'm hoping he grows out of it!

I've taken him to watch Leeds 3 times - though on reflection that might not have helped things ....

• Like 2

Rumour has it the budget will be 40 - 60 million with the planned ground improvemts. Next to nothing in comparison to the other 2. How he spends will be key, 4 or 5 more Aspas/ Albertos/ Borinis would be a complete waste. 2 or 3 real quality additions, replacing a few boys who've started this year who then add better depth for next would be a far better long term build.

Hail.

Priority one should be selling Johnson for a bigger kit and then getting that winger from Eastern Europe that we were after in the January window.

We need another distributor and we need a RB.  I've also not met a good CAM that I didn't like.

Any word on Wisdom's progress?  I lost track of him after he got his car stuck in the mud up north there a while back :lol:

I'm hoping he grows out of it!

I've taken him to watch Leeds 3 times - though on reflection that might not have helped things ....

We talked about this a bit earlier... and it sound like both of yours are a bit too old for this (and my wife is Alaskan, so as long as hockey and snowboarding are involved in my children's lives she doesn't care about teams... so she supports all of mine) but my four year old and my two year old both write the alphabet every morning, say the alphabet every morning, and then sing "Hail to the Redskins".  Then they get a treat and get to play with their toys and watch tv and such.  It's a machine!

Bunkering is one thing, but time wasting is unsportsmanlike to me.

What made that absolutely laughable was the ref. was pointing to his watch every fee minutes yet didn't book anyone for it until 2 minutes into injury time and added on hardly any time to boot.

Complete joke.

But that's gone now and we still have two games to win and see where it leaves us.

Hail.

As Liverpool would have been OK with a point, I wonder what would have happened if they played for one.

Both teams park the bus and leave one player each to kick it around in the middle.  :P

With how physical Ba is... Suarez would've had him fouled out in about 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

As Liverpool would have been OK with a point, I wonder what would have happened if they played for one.

Both teams park the bus and leave one player each to kick it around in the middle.  :P

That's where Mourinho excelled. He basically baited Rodgers to go for it. He told the press that he was putting out a weakened side and the proceeded to put 10 men behind the ball (8 of them within the 18 yard box). He played on Rodgers' overconfidence or arrogance (which ever you prefer). Liverpool should have taken the point and stayed in control of their destiny. It would have been the dullest game ever in the history of boring games, but Liverpool would have gotten the result they needed. Rodgers felt compelled to try and beat Chelsea because of the squad the super duper one put out and that's where Mourinho out coached his one time apprentice. I don't think Rodgers will make that mistake again...

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1