Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Let's just let Citeh tug on shirts and shorts.

They can come tug on this if they'd like.

there you go Timmy!

Told ya'll he was alright.

Silva will open up that midfield.

Let's play for the counter Everton.

Joe Hart made two very very good saves that many will not have noticed today. Not flying saves from shots from distance but great decision making, good angles, patience and then great technique. The first from Naismith was world class. It's moments like those which save two crucial points and win titles.

Joe Hart made two very very good saves that many will not have noticed today. Not flying saves from shots from distance but great decision making, good angles, patience and then great technique. The first from Naismith was world class. It's moments like those which save two crucial points and win titles.

Didn't sound like the blue ****e put up much of a fight from everything I'm hearing. 

Hail. 

Didn't sound like the blue ****e put up much of a fight from everything I'm hearing. 

Hail.

It was a strange match - no real passion first half. Once City went 3-1 up though they took their foot of the gas - once Everton got the second it was game on. City started time wasting, the crowd got into it and Everton gave it a real go. But only for about 30 minutes - who knows what would have happened if they had played that way for 90 minutes.

Hail.

Bull****. You want to rip Everton fans that rooted for Everton to lose I'm with you. But don't give me that **** that the Everton players weren't trying. That kind of bull**** pisses me off. Its an insult to them as professionals and is classless to insinuate. We got beat, your upset about it, I understand that. But don't put that crap out there. You really over estimate Liverpools importance if you think professional players wouldnt give there all just so they don't win the title.

I respect you GHH, but that really pisses me off.

MisterP, I never watched it so I wouldn't know.

But when Garry Neville is apparently saying on the TV there was no atmosphere and no passion on the park and Everton have a lot to answer for that's very telling. More telling than what others have said via text and in here.

Neither here not there as I expected notin' today and honestly feel we lost it last Sunday (travelling South tomorrow with little to no enthusiasm at all for Palace Monday); just relaying what I'm hearing.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Bull****. You want to rip Everton fans that rooted for Everton to lose I'm with you. But don't give me that **** that the Everton players weren't trying. That kind of bull**** pisses me off. Its an insult to them as professionals and is classless to insinuate. We got beat, your upset about it, I understand that. But don't put that crap out there. You really over estimate Liverpools importance if you think professional players wouldnt give there all just so they don't win the title.

I respect you GHH, but that really pisses me off.

I think the Everton players were professional and in no way threw it. But the lack of atmosphere in the stadium in the first 60 minutes was in stark contrast to the atmosphere the last 30 - players feed off the crowd (and visa versa) and I don't think the Everton crowd really wanted the win today. The match was flat (even when you went 1 up) and City were in total control until Pellegrini got cautious and City started protecting their 2 goal lead.

I think the Everton players were professional and in no way threw it. But the lack of atmosphere in the stadium in the first 60 minutes was in stark contrast to the atmosphere the last 30 - players feed off the crowd (and visa versa) and I don't think the Everton crowd really wanted the win today. The match was flat (even when you went 1 up) and City were in total control until Pellegrini got cautious and City started protecting their 2 goal lead.

You could tell that it was a hohum crowd after the goal Barkley goal. 

Only about half the supporters stood up and cheered.  Final home game, too.

And I'm not 100% sure Howard didn't let that header roll by.  He gave that the ole' college try but that was about it.

And the Aguero goal he gave Aguero the near post.  You have to force the cross there.  Goal tending 101.

But I digress, maybe his new bosses at NBC wanted a three way chase the last week of the season :P

Bit hypocritical of Neville to comment on the atmosphere when Sky are playing a good part in killing it.

The Everton players gave it their all though no doubt about it. The better team won as expected. 

I remember Leeds being in a similar situation in 2003. Playing Arsenal in Highbury and basically handing the title to Man U by beating them 3-2 although we were battling against relegation at the time. 

Bit hypocritical of Neville to comment on the atmosphere when Sky are playing a good part in killing it.

The Everton players gave it their all though no doubt about it. The better team won as expected. 

I remember Leeds being in a similar situation in 2003. Playing Arsenal in Highbury and basically handing the title to Man U by beating them 3-2 although we were battling against relegation at the time.

I remember that game - I was on holiday and watched it in a bar in the Canary Islands somewhere. Viduka scored the winner late on I think. Both teams had something to play for though that game - we were still in danger of going down.

And I'm not 100% sure Howard didn't let that header roll by.  He gave that the ole' college try but that was about it.

And the Aguero goal he gave Aguero the near post.  You have to force the cross there.  Goal tending 101.

:P

Howard had no chance with the header but he should have done better with Aguero's - I think Aguero did him like a kipper with his eyes kidding Howard he was going across him, Howard had his weight on his right foot ready to go that way and was caught out when the ball went to his left. He was not in a good position though anyway IMO.

I remember physically chinning a knob the Blackburn last game in '95 when he jumped up in front cheering when Shearer put Blackburn ahead. (I did, uhmmmm, 'politely' warn him to sit the **** down and shut the **** up first like to be fair.). That was a REAL pride moment when Redknapp got the last minute winner. Even if Utd had got something at West Ham and won it, at least we did our bit. I'd of been gutted after, but at the game you only wanted Liverpool to win. 

Same when we played Leeds and drew 0-0 at home a few weeks before they last won it. That was a strained atmosphere as much as we wanted to win, we all had this horrid feeling we'd just handed Utd their first title in 26 years. Thankfully we got the ultimate redemption a few weeks later by beating them and handing Leeds that glorious old trophy they never got their grubby hands on that super, super Sunday. 

The celebrating, mocking texts I've received since the final whistle happy Everton got beat have to be read to be believed. 

Hail. 

MisterP, I never watched it so I wouldn't know.

But when Garry Neville is apparently saying on the TV there was no atmosphere and no passion on the park and Everton have a lot to answer for that's very telling. More telling than what others have said via text and in here.

Neither here not there as I expected notin' today and honestly feel we lost it last Sunday (travelling South tomorrow with little to no enthusiasm at all for Palace Monday); just relaying what I'm hearing.

Hail.

Probably hearing it from fellow Liverpool fans? ;-)

I don't really blame anyone there honestly. Everton couldn't really get higher than 5th or lower than 5th. So nothing to play for. On top of that if you win or draw your most hated rivals win the league? Not surprising that the stadium was unsure. While I will never root against my team, I can understand not celebrating quite as much when we scored.

So in essence, I was rooting for Everton to win, but I don't think anyone there was out of line if they were not amped for the game since our spot is set for the season and winning or drawing would put your hated rivals to win the league.

On a related note, I have seen that atmosphere a few times this season, so its not like this is the only time.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Just seen the highlights.

City looked poor. Evertons defending on both Djeko goals in particular was woeful. The less said about Howard the better. Great save by Hart at 2-1 from Naismith. Barkley looked immense.

All around flat game and flat atmosphere from that cutdown as expected. But it's past.

Onto Palace Monday.

Hail.

I'm a bit late to the party but there's only one Jose, and the guy's a ****ing hero here in souf London.

Still got a lot of love for Chris Powell though.

post-205626-0-65825700-1399162919_thumb.

Go on you Addicks. Staying up, up, up.

(Still can't attach a pic full size either apparently.)

• Like 1