Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

m8s, I laughed for hours upon hours upon hours.

Then I saw the Moses miss, and I laughed even more. What a funny match.

Arsenal related to make you laugh even more we ended up at Highbury and Islington station at half past 11 last night. You wouldn't know but the overground train from South Norwood (which is the other side of Sellhurst park and relatively unused by the masses for some reason which is great); didn't go through London Bridge (where we wanted to change) as advertised so it was a long ass ride to Highbury and then a few stops back on the tube. 

Just added to a woeful evening. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

GHH, I wanted to give you 24hrs to get over that gut-wrenching draw. That had to suck. So give me your quick analysis. I missed the game as i was at work. Thought you guys had it in the bag a couple of weeks ago.

Quick analysis: Liverpool can't defend for **** this we've known all season but yesterday was especially bad. Rodgers has no concept of how to lock a game down and close it out. Nor do any of his players. 3-0 up and cruising, Palace score a deflected goal with 11 minutes to go. Do we change anything? Nah, let's keep pressing and leaving gigantic space in midfield and behind the defence. (term used VERY loosely.). 3-2 moments later as we're panicking all over the park. Some kid I've never heard of who struggles to even control a ball but has pace to burn is making Johnson look like an amateur. (Admittedly any winger worth his salt makes Johnson look ****e but this is especially bad. Even for him.). Surely now Agger will come an we'll sit in and protect? Oh no. Mosses and Coutinho are the more pressing needs. Keep pushing the midfielders beyond the ball and the full backs on. We need goals darn it! 3 points isn't good enough. A bad Suarez pass (who was crying at the end presumably in embarrassment), another quick break on the big red comedy show, AKA the Liverpool defense, and it's 3-3. Which almost became 4-3 and a Palace win. A Palace side with nothing to play for and the lowest scorers in the league.

Absolute ****ing abject ineptness from manager and players alike. Alleged title chasers.

Should I go on?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

If every pan European law or system that was "inadequate" was judged illegal there would not be that many left on the books ....

Articles 63 to 66 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU), supplemented by Articles 75 and 215 TFEU (cocerning the penalties) prohibit obstructing the free movement of capital within the EU and that, even for a third country (Qatar in this case).

Edited by FrFan

Articles 63 to 66 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU), supplemented by Articles 75 and 215 TFEU (cocerning the penalties) prohibit obstructing the free movement of capital within the EU and that, even for a third country (Qatar in this case).

I will take your word for it  :)

I admire the positivity la. (Or hope.).

Just wish I could find some.

Hail.

Not sure why, but I woke up this morning feeling great.

Could be that I am in the acceptance stage, fwiw. 

I admire the positivity la. (Or hope.).

Just wish I could find some.

Hail.

You need to find your lucky socks and put those bad boys on! Maybe the boys are due a little good luck! They have definitely had their share of bad luck the past month (some self-inflicted)

Not sure why, but I woke up this morning feeling great.

Could be that I am in the acceptance stage, fwiw. 

Acceptance is more of a numb feeling...

I know a few lads that bought some general sale Villa tickets as we anticipated this game ending it. 

That's kinda' flat right now. 

Hail.

They must have bought a lot of seats because I'm seeing an embarrassing number of empty blue seats on TV for a game of this significance.

The only factories in Manchester these days are converted over priced apartment blocks!

Sounds like downtown Durham, NC.

Old redbrick and aged, handcrafted, wood ornamentally from the old tobacco infrastructure, factories, flipped into hip 20th century "antiquity" condos/apartments. 

Tapas and wine bars within arms reach of your patio. Good if you got the bread. 

I wasn't gona' say but that would currently be moi.

As a great Redskin used to say, 'Live in hope. Die in despair' ..... Come on Villa!

Hail.

I went numb after the Chelsea loss...That's why I wasn't as distraught as the rest of you after the collapse at Palace.