Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

How does Rodgers not see that Coutinho needs to come in?

****, he'll probably send Moses in...

Thank you Jesus.

Let's go Phillipe.

There you go Agger.

gggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

and Red

10301360_271782889667852_821882340003445

Apparently they never had a single shot on target right? Everton, Villa and West Ham all laying down the last three. They all must be SO proud of themselves .....

First things first, did the 'plane' get shown on the TV? There was a plane circling Anfield pre-kickoff and into the game with a banner trailing reading 'UNITED 20 GERRARD 0' ..... Two things here. To all the ubber sensitive Utd fans on the board, THIS is what a football rivalry, sorry, hatred, is ALL about. And on that, how ****ing pathetic of the gob****es to pay all that expense to have a go at Stevie. They've dominated the Premier League era and we've never stooped to such depths yet as soon as the tables turn they resort to that. 

Stay classy Utd fans. 

You know, I LOVE my City. Today was a weird one as everyone was expecting to finish runners-up, and it got to the players too who were shocking for a good hour. It is what it is and at least we haven't bought the league and never will like the Manc Arabs down the road. So it was a strange, mooted atmosphere. Proud of the season yet bitterly disappointed at the last three games throw away. After, I walked back into town. Around an hours walk give or take, to work off the frustration. I was just flat. Then I called in the Globe for what was only going to be a couple. (My favourite pub in town and one in which you all need to visit if you ever come over. Small, traditional, brilliant.). And the place is rammed. Like every other bar I passed. And the Beatles are blaring out. And then the songs started. Song after song after song. We've just lost the league, but it was like we'd just won it. And spirits lifted. And long story short, as I left 20 minutes or so ago 6 hours later the place is still rocking and will be right through the night until the last person gives in and goes home. The spirit here is unique. It's a cliche and y'all must think I'm biased but there's VERY few places and VERY few people with the spirit of my home town. You just can't keep us down. I'm so, SO privileged to come from this, one of the Worlds great City's. 

Congratulations City. However you achieved it. 

And the overriding message tonight? ....... To ape my Captain .....

WE GO AGAIN NEXT AUGUST!

Beware, for WE ARE LIVERPOOL!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I was really hoping, against hope, that Liverpool would win it.

That being said (and I know I'll get some stick for this belief), getting angry at Everton, Villa, or West Ham is really nothing more than mis-directing your anger.

They weren't the team that only had to hold Chelski (bunkering at their finest) to a draw to keep the title in their own hands - Liverpool did.

They were'nt the team that let Palace - the lowest scoring team in the league - come back from three goals down to tie (and almost nick the winner) in a game that you HAD to win to keep the pressure up - Liverpool did.

Finally, West Ham were'nt the side that needed to win and ask for help to win the title - Liverpool did.

Pool had a great season, but their naive defending and tactics in these last several days did them in as far as the title race.

Best of luck - and hope better defending - next season.

• Like 1

Agreed. And its quite arrogant to think that those teams laid down just because they for some reason didn't want Liverpool to win the title? Come on, Liverpool blew it, City didn't. Blame is squarely on Liverpool and to insinuate that teams laid down for City is insulting and pathetic. 

Agreed. And its quite arrogant to think that those teams laid down just because they for some reason didn't want Liverpool to win the title? Come on, Liverpool blew it, City didn't. Blame is squarely on Liverpool and to insinuate that teams laid down for City is insulting and pathetic.

Let's get this clear to the ill informed and in denial.

Nobody doubts Liverpool blew it. We had it in our own hands with 3 games to go and ridiculously, naively threw it away. I've slated the players and manager over the last week in that.

But just as insulting and pathetic, aside from

Villa and West Ham; is your refusal to admit Everton's pathetic showing against City. Did yers even attempt to get forward the last 6 minutes? The fact City were poor and the final result was close doesn't take away from the fact youse weren't interested on or off the pitch. You've been taken to task all over the media on that yet it's just bitter Liverpudlians?

It's not lost on me that you're the only blue I've heard trying to defend that display against City with a straight face.

Deny it as much as you want. Live in a naive reality were you think pros don't switch off when their seasons over and mentally are on vacation going through the motions as much as you like to think it's insulting to say that of them. That's happened for years and will continue to do so. I obviously never saw the West Ham game but I did Villa and their effort was pathetic Wednesday.

We threw the league away NO question.

But let's not pretend City had much of any competition. the last week.

Hail.

So our final opponent forfeited before we play Tuesday thus handing us the title. I think I'd rather have beaten them to take it personally. We finished undefeated though, promoted, and take the title.

Congratulations.

That's a fantastic achievement by you guys and an even greater feeling after all the sweet and toil.

Hail.

I'm watching the Liverpool game with my youngest lad - their defense is all over the place. To be fair they desperately need a defensive midfield player who can protect them as well because far too often Liverpool empty midfield and there are runners right on the back four.

I don't know what the offseason plans are as but that back four needs a big overhaul.

Well. a lot of us are resigned to Suarez going to Madrid. So if that does happen and we can reinvest that money on three £ 30 million or so players that will be a major step forward.

Lallana is by all accounts a done deal. Love the player. Hate the price. But that's the ridiculous premium that goes on English players. There's strong rumours on Barkely but that's B/S for me as Everton would NEVER sell him to us.

As fantastic as this season has been, we still have a LOT of work to do. We've had very few injuries and no Europe so the first XI has been pretty consistent. But there's next to nothing behind that. And even within that, players like the abysmal Johnson need turfing out. (It was amusing to me yesterday when I was late back to my spec for the second half after the H/T bevie and the lad in the seat next to me said 'he's taken the wrong ****ing fullback off!'). I have a feeling Agger will be gone, which whilst from an injury stand point that makes sense, he's our best centre half by a long chalk. Skrtel had a real good season, but he's a liability for me. And Sakho has been just woeful for the money.

Mingolet will get another season, so your looking at upgrading 2 or 3 defenders as well as possibly replacing Suarez and a quality winger to compliment Sterling. And that's before you start looking at depth.

BIG off season ahead. We haven't got the money of Chelsea and City to pay big fees and the massive wages on too (and frankly I'm glad as I wouldn't want to buy success to that extent); but if we can take the Chamos League money along with the reported 40/60 mill. transfer budget and possible 90 plus million for Luis that's a hefty pot to add some serious quality to the base Brendan is building.

Hail.

BIG off season ahead. We haven't got the money of Chelsea and City to pay big fees and the massive wages on too (and frankly I'm glad as I wouldn't want to buy success to that extent); but if we can take the Chamos League money along with the reported 40/60 mill. transfer budget and possible 90 plus million for Luis that's a hefty pot to add some serious quality to the base Brendan is building.

Hail.

On Barkley my eldest is a Chelsea fan as you know and he was looking on some rumour site which talked about inside information that if Everton want a permanent deal for Lukaku Barkley would have to be involved as part of it. If I was Everton I'd want money PLUS Lukaku for Barkley. The same talk had Luis and Oscar leaving Chelsea. Take it for what its worth though.

On you guys if you lose Suarez thats obviously a huge blow - you cant replace guys like that like for like. But if you can use the money from such a sale plus the kitty that will be there anyway you could actually still take a step forwards. You will have to do a much better job investing the money though than Spurs did for example with the Bale money.

You need two full backs and a centre half, a genuine defensive midfield player and a centre forward if Suarez leaves. You also need to find a replacement for Gerrard - he has maybe two more years? 

Well. a lot of us are resigned to Suarez going to Madrid. So if that does happen and we can reinvest that money on three £ 30 million or so players that will be a major step forward.

Hail.

Gibbs how many wins would you put on Suarez? 

I know him from his days in the Dutch league and I can tell that he just won games on his own. He is a game-changer. He can score goals out of nothing. You can be 0-0 and have no chances or possesion of the ball...he then finds a way to make it 1-0 and win the game. 

Don't you think when you sell him (not selling is probally not a option) you just miss that star qualitie? Liverpool will still be a good team but not championschip/championsleague qualitie. 

:P damm my Englisch writing feels bad today. Hope you guys get the point. 

Possibly two full backs Martin, but Flanagan is developing well. I'd say two centre half's but if Agger goes he'll continue to push Sakho who's been shocking.

Lucas, his abysmal last few games aside, does a great job as a defensive midfielder. I NEVER thought I'd say this as I was one of his biggest critics, but he's like Ronnie Whelan in terms if you don't realise just what he brings until he's not there. He just quietly does the dirty work and does his job well. But if we could upgrade with a soli ball winner who could also play I'd be happy with that.

And that's what I'd personally want from Madrid if they do come back for Luis. Money plus say Benzema. Of course that's presuming a player like him would be willing to switch clubs and if we could cover his salary.

Hail.

Gibbs how many wins would you put on Suarez?

I know him from his days in the Dutch league and I can tell that he just won games on his own. He is a game-changer. He can score goals out of nothing. You can be 0-0 and have no chances or possesion of the ball...he then finds a way to make it 1-0 and win the game.

Don't you think when you sell him (not selling is probally not a option) you just miss that star qualitie? Liverpool will still be a good team but not championschip/championsleague qualitie.

:P damm my Englisch writing feels bad today. Hope you guys get the point.

Oh heck. A HELL of a lot. He's the best player in England by a Country mile and like you say, has that individual brilliance to win games on his own. If we'd of had him the first 6 games of the season we'd be Champions now. I have NO doubt about that. He's been phenomenal this year. He's twice the player Torres ever was. Torres game was all about speed. Luis is the complete package and one of the hardest working players in the league. Plus he's turned his reputation around full circle this season which has been a fantastic personal achievement from him.

Yeah, he'd be a massive loss if he does go and I hope he doesn't. But then it would be a record fee and if you can get say three top class players from it that kind of negates his loss.

And your English is WAY better than my Dutch will EVER be so don't don't have any worries at all man.

Hail.

Possibly two full backs Martin, but Flanagan is developing well. I'd say two centre half's but if Agger goes he'll continue to push Sakho who's been shocking.

Lucas, his abysmal last few games aside, does a great job as a defensive midfielder. I NEVER thought I'd say this as I was one of his biggest critics, but he's like Ronnie Whelan in terms if you don't realise just what he brings until he's not there. He just quietly does the dirty work and does his job well. But if we could upgrade with a soli ball winner who could also play I'd be happy with that.

And that's what I'd personally want from Madrid if they do come back for Luis. Money plus say Benzema. Of course that's presuming a player like him would be willing to switch clubs and if we could cover his salary.

Hail.

Lets assume Suarez does go and that Gerrard has next year as a full time starter and then is phased out as Chelsea have done with Lampard - how you replace those two will define what kind of club Liverpool are going to be. Its a huge ask to replace the two players around whom your side has revolved.

Lets assume Suarez does go and that Gerrard has next year as a full time starter and then is phased out as Chelsea have done with Lampard - how you replace those two will define what kind of club Liverpool are going to be. Its a huge ask to replace the two players around whom your side has revolved.

Gerrard. The sides revolved around Gerrard for far too long. Suarez has only been the focal point the last two seasons. And that's been negated somewhat by Sturridge.

No question replacing Luis is a big task if he goes. But replacing Steven with a World class midfielder who will add his goals output alone is far more imperative.

But nothing new. We've been trying to add that for a good few years now. Now he's dropped deeper, his career should extend even further (he'll be a stereotypical Italian/ German sweeper/ Libero before much longer extending a great career like say Mattheus did.). That buys us more time. But that's a defo need the next few years.

Hail.