Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You'd be utterly foolish to leave Barkley and Sturridge out.

Talking of utterly foolish, Lampard will start if I know Woy.

Hail.

I think Barkley is going to be a star and I know what you mean, but I also don't think you can afford to play two up top in serious International football. I'd start with Barkley on the bench and play Rooney at 10.

We will not play that formation though and I can see us playing Rooney and Sturridge up top and Gerrard and Barkley in the centre midfield. But they will be over run against more flexible formations and Rooney will drop deeper and deeper looking for the ball.....

Well. a lot of us are resigned to Suarez going to Madrid. So if that does happen and we can reinvest that money on three £ 30 million or so players that will be a major step forward.

I disagree here GHH. That's not a step forward at all.

That amount of money or re-investment will not get anywhere near to replacing what Suarez brings to Liverpool.

Exactly like the Gareth Bale situation.

I disagree here GHH. That's not a step forward at all.

That amount of money or re-investment will not get anywhere near to replacing what Suarez brings to Liverpool.

Exactly like the Gareth Bale situation.

Depends how it's reinvested.

If you add three World class players for the money, and let's for arguments sake say Costa from At. Madrid; you've added by sabtraction.

I wouldn't want to lose Luis particularly (and there's no guarantee we will. Just the overriding feeling Madeid will force our hand); but all things considered with a desperate need for better quality and Sturridge in place for the long term already, it would be a no brainer for me.

Love Luis and your right in what he brings. He's the best player in the league and virtually unplayable on his day.

But NO player is irreplaceable or bigger than the club. Topping the Bale fee would be hard to turn down.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well I hope he gets sold :)...but some players are irreplaceable in certain situations, I think Suarez at Liverpool is one of them. He's not bigger than the club, and I agree that type of deal would be hard to turn down. But you've blew it this year & without him you'll be buried back in the pack for the foreseeable imo.

.....But you've blew it this year & without him you'll be buried back in the pack for the foreseeable imo.

I hear yer mate but if truth be told, I'm half expecting us to take a step back next year regardless. Most everything went for us this term, which won't be the case next year. And you've got to expect Chelsea and City to strengthen again and we just can't compete there with the astronomical wages on top. I can see us dropping back from challenging as close as this to 3/4.

It was encouraging today though to hear the manager prioritise the defense as a big area to strengthen this summer.

Hail.

Suarez was supposedly sold last transfer window, and the one before that, and the one before that. I will take a wait and see approach. He obviously took losing the title very hard. I think he feel as if he has unfinished business in Liverpool. I think he may want to stay and restore Liverpool to its past glory. Plus, I'm not sure if FSG will be in the selling mood....

It's been a couple weeks since I updated, so here goes.

My son's middle school team finished the regular season 10-4 and my son only let go a total of 6 goals all season! 9 of our 10 wins were clean sheet matches and the odd one was a 2-1 viictory for the good guys!!

Tonight they started tournament play (single elimination) and they are seeded #2 in the conference, they brought home the win 2-0 in a tight match in the first hot day of the year!!! There were several serious attempts on our goal tonight but each were well handeled.

Our next match is Friday and will most likely be against a team that we split wins with in the regular season.

So needless to say I'm a pretty proud pappa!

14171614402_54d4bb80c9_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 3

No logical reason I can think of why Spurs sacked Tim Sherwood. He was a good man. 

RT @IanDarke Spurs disarray. What did Tim Sherwood do to get fired ? Very good points return and refreshing approach. Levy etc hard to please.

No logical reason I can think of why Spurs sacked Tim Sherwood. He was a good man. 

RT @IanDarke Spurs disarray. What did Tim Sherwood do to get fired ? Very good points return and refreshing approach. Levy etc hard to please.

Because with all the money and player acquisitions in the off-season, the Front Office expected (and demanded w/firing of AVB) Champions League football, not almost missing out on Europa League and worse finish than last season.

FWIW, Jamie Redknapp is convinced they'll go for the Southampton manager.

Ironic that Levy and the other fella' demand Champions League football for the spending when he brought in most of those players against AVB's wishes.

Tottenham deserve to be what they are and always have been. A small club with money. How they used to be thought of as part of the 'big 5' (Liverpool/ Everton/ Utd/ Arsenal/ 'Spurs) was always beyond me.

Half decent cup side. Never been anything else in reality. And I'll venture never will be.

Half.

I'm stupid and I watched the hockey today and totally forgot about the 30 for 30 documentary on the US Mens Team today. If anyone has a link for it it'd be appreciated. Thanks

I DVR'd it and have not been able to watch it yet. I think it is a multi-episode look at the USNMT. I am sure they will replay it before next week...

That was a really enjoyable game. 

4 goals, competitive, good football. For an end of season friendly I really enjoyed that. Borini, Coady and Ibe stood out in particular but most all the kids played well. Probably not good enough for our level outside one or two, but their getting a good grounding and should go on to good careers lower down. 

My only regret is I'm not with the boys ending the season where we started it way back in August against Celtic. I now get to work whilst they get to bevie and be merry all night in the Ferryman by the Liffey. ****ERS! Lol. 

Hail. 

That was a really enjoyable game. 

4 goals, competitive, good football. For an end of season friendly I really enjoyed that. Borini, Coady and Ibe stood out in particular but most all the kids played well. Probably not good enough for our level outside one or two, but their getting a good grounding and should go on to good careers lower down. 

My only regret is I'm not with the boys ending the season where we started it way back in August against Celtic. I now get to work whilst they get to bevie and be merry all night in the Ferryman by the Liffey. ****ERS! Lol. 

Hail. 

How did the away kit look in action? I may be one of the few who like yellow away kits, but this seems to be very bright...

How did the away kit look in action? I may be one of the few who like yellow away kits, but this seems to be very bright...

Ugly man. Ugly.

BTW j, Ibe reminded me if McManaman. Like a whippet, always moving with fantastic technical ability. Can't finish for ****.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ugly man. Ugly.

BTW j, Ibe reminded me if McManaman. Like a whippet, always moving with fantastic technical ability. Can't finish for ****.

Hail.

I have high hopes that at least one of Ibe, Texiera or Suso make the squad. If they can come in and play at a decent to high level, it would enable the team to use the transfer funds in other areas! The same can be said for Wisdom and Ilori (and Kelly and Robinson to a lesser extent). I would love to see them fill out the squad with some of the younger players and loan out the rest. Then they can concentrate on signing 4-5 high quality players. Either way, I have faith in the way they have built the squad thus far and I think they will continue to strengthen the team with quality players.