Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

But just as insulting and pathetic, aside from

Villa and West Ham; is your refusal to admit Everton's pathetic showing against City. Did yers even attempt to get forward the last 6 minutes? The fact City were poor and the final result was close doesn't take away from the fact youse weren't interested on or off the pitch. You've been taken to task all over the media on that yet it's just bitter Liverpudlians?

I actually said they didnt play well. But I have watched Everton all year, every game. I have seen them look pathetic for long stretches and for whole games multiple times. You would have an argument if this was the first time, but frustratingly it was not.

Champions League was still a possibility going into the City game. Did you see the game Everton played against Crystal Palace before the City game? The one where we were in control of the 4th spot? So whats the excuse for how poorly Everton played in that game? Or do we ignore that and just say oh they just laid down for City?

How about the Southampton game?

Edited by MisterPinstripe

And your English is WAY better than my Dutch will EVER be so don't don't have any worries at all man.

You do understand that I can use 'crappy urban street English/American' in the rest of this forum. Only this is the soccer part, ruled by people from the UK. People with class, tea, a queen, corgi's and terriers. :P

• Like 1

You do understand that I can use 'crappy urban street English/American' in the rest of this forum. Only this is the soccer part, ruled by people from the UK. People with class, tea, a queen, corgi's and terriers. :P

You just called football 'soccer!'

I take it all back you uncouthed Dutch heathen!

Hail.

• Like 1

Hehe, if he is uncouth, what does that make you English who came up with the term soccer?

Anyone English calling the game soccer would be a moron.

*Polite me.

Americans are the only acceptable Nationality to do that as they have their own version of 'football.'

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Luke Shaw to United? Lallana to Liverpool?

Both with a ridiculous English player 'premium.'

No way is Lallana worth 20 million. No way is Shaw a 27 million pound player. And then there's hefty salaries on top.

No wonder nobody buys English anymore.

Hail.

Luke Shaw to United? Lallana to Liverpool?

Im a little torn, would be nice for Suarez to be gone, but at the same time tons of money to spend if they sell him for guys like Lallana. Build a nice squad. Though maybe Liverpool will pull a Tottenham if they sell him. :-D

No way is Lallana worth 20 million. No way is Shaw a 27 million pound player. And then there's hefty salaries on top.

Hail.

£27M for Luke Shaw?? Seriously? 

I think he is a really good player and has a ton of potential but there is just no way he is worth that or anything close to it. Full backs have increased in value with the way they are used as wing backs but still ....

£20M for Lallana is also well over the odds. As you say this is why we have so many foreign players in the Premier League.

Hail.

I see both of them being more on the Milner, Henderson, Rooney side of the spectrum than the Andy Carroll/Ashley Young side of it. As much as I want to believe James Wilson is the next Gary Linacker this is the only way to fill the domestic quota and compete for titles. I'd rather overpay for a quality player than destroy someone like Scott Sinclair's career just to balance out the squad. I almost forgot how much I despise City.

£27M for Luke Shaw?? Seriously? 

I think he is a really good player and has a ton of potential but there is just no way he is worth that or anything close to it. Full backs have increased in value with the way they are used as wing backs but still ....

£20M for Lallana is also well over the odds. As you say this is why we have so many foreign players in the Premier League.

It is what it is IMO until the domestic player quota is lifted the premiums will only go up. It is rather ridiculous that James Milner cost double what Arturo Vidal did.

Heres the England squad for the World Cup. Most of it picked itself - if they get out of the group that will be par IMO. It will be interesting to see what formation we play as well ....

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Attackers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).

England must have a real lack of CB options if Jagielka is there. Stones out played him and makes less stupid mistakes as a young kid then he does as a vet. I hope going into next year Jagielka is Stones backup.

We do. Cahill is a quality CB (he has learned a lot from Terry in terms of reading a game and positional play and has much more pace than Terry) - after him ......not a lot.

I agree with you on Stones, I think he is going to develop into a very good CB. The cupboard is even more bare at RB.

Edited by MartinC

England must have a real lack of CB options if Jagielka is there. Stones out played him and makes less stupid mistakes as a young kid then he does as a vet. I hope going into next year Jagielka is Stones backup.

Even worse is Glenn Johnson being the unanimous first choice right back.

He's had a horrible, mistake filled season.

How Lampard makes the cut again is beyond me (36 in that heat?); and when absolute mediocrity like Welbeck and Lambert make up your striking positions it tells you all you need to know about the English.

Vamos Uruguay! Sorry Mr.C, but I hope Suarez destroys yers!

Hail.

Even worse is Glenn Johnson being the unanimous first choice right back.

He's had a horrible, mistake filled season.

How Lampard makes the cut again is beyond me (36 in that heat?); and when absolute mediocrity like Welbeck and Lambert make up your striking pitons it tells you all you need to know about the English.

Vamos Uruguay! Sorry Mr.C, but I hope Suarez destroys yers!

Hail.

It is somewhat surprising the lack of forward options for England. Outside of Rooney, the attacking power is in the midfield.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Smalling Shaw

Gerrard

Wilsire Barkley

Sturridge Rooney Sterling

Roy will never have he nads to do this unfortunately.

I'd go

Hart

Johnson, Cahill, Pick a name, Baines

Gerrard, Wilshire

Oxlade-Chamberlin, Rooney, Sterling

Sturridge.

I'd like to find a spot for Barkley at 10 and might swap Rooney for Sturridge up top.

I'd go

Hart

Gerrard, Wilshire

Sturridge.

I'd like to find a spot for Barkley at 10 and might swap Rooney for Sturridge up top.

You'd be utterly foolish to leave Barkley and Sturridge out.

Talking of utterly foolish, Lampard will start if I know Woy.

Hail.

Johnson, Borini, Pepe should all get sold.

I don't care who we bring in, as long as there are two big CBs with huge balls.

Well, we could always bring Phil Babb out of retirement. I mean he makes your young son look World class, but he sure has 'huge balls.' Or at least he did after he rapped then round the Anny Road post against Chelsea back in the late '90's from the unfortunate Casiraghi's only English goal (God rest):

Hail. 

• Like 1

I'd go

Hart

Gerrard, Wilshire

Sturridge.

I like Barkley and Wilshire together with Gerrard behind them playing as a regista. Does Roy know what a regista is?