Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wenger's system doesn't accomodate Ozil? Do you need a little further initiation? Your reasons for Mata being overrated are a parroting of what the media has said about him BTW.

It absolutely does not. Ozil is a counter attacking player. No speed out wide. He is the best transition player in the world.

Media parroting about Mata? No one says anything about Mata not being special, lol. He is barely criticized. I knew Mata wasnt a Mourinho player when Mourinho signed for Chelsea. He does not fit, and he is not good enough to be the centerpiece to a title team.

He just not a special player. He a great talent, but those Chelsea teams underperformed with him being the man there.

It absolutely does not. Ozil is a counter attacking player. No speed out wide. He is the best transition player in the world.

Media parroting about Mata? No one says anything about Mata not being special, lol. He is barely criticized. I knew Mata wasnt a Mourinho player when Mourinho signed for Chelsea. He does not fit, and he is not good enough to be the centerpiece to a title team.

He just not a special player. He a great talent, but those Chelsea teams underperformed with him being the man there.

Ozil is SO much more than a counter attacking player that's how Mourinho used him. He came up as a central midfielder/ advanced playmaker and played in that role for Germany in the last world cup. He is perfect for a posession based style due to his movement and vision.

At this point, no realistic way Pool catches City on Goal Diff.

They need to make sure to not be naive and get caught by Palace and held to a draw.  A win keeps pressure on City, a draw will all but hand them the title.

• Like 1

So, not saying I'd do it, but if I'm BR... I'm thinking Coutinho for Allen and Moses for Lucas.

At this point, no realistic way Pool catches City on Goal Diff.

They need to make sure to not be naive and get caught by Palace and held to a draw.  A win keeps pressure on City, a draw will all but hand them the title.

I'm in the first pew, center, btfoom.  I hear ya.

this team is just regressing to the mean.

this is actually happening.  I cannot believe it.

Fenway needs to sell LFC, because they traded the curse of the bambino.

How does Victor Moses miss that?

It's like when someone gives you one of those fake lottery tickets...  But they look like they're legit.

What's really sad, is if you asked any of us if we'd take 2nd 7 mos ago we take it with a bullet.  Now you have to hide the bullets.  One of the best LFC seasons in years, marked by doo doo stains these last two weeks.

There is definitely work to be done in the window.  But I'm proud of my boys.

I'm just so ready for some Redskins football now. 

• Like 1

On a serious note seeing Suarez break down while Gerrard was motioning the camera away just showed how much it meant to the lads.  They had it in their grasp and blew it. Their chances of winning their first English Premier League title are slim now. 

true enough 9... top 4 was almost a pipe dream. just tough being so close and then "letting it slip" with three weeks to go. just don't understand why they didn't bunker in after 3-1 today.

the transfer window will need to be huge to add both quality and depth for Europe tourneys.

Keep Suarez, sign a quality central midfielder and sign a new back 4 maybe apart from Skrtel and I think ye will be back up there competing next year. 

One thing that slightly annoys me about Liverpool fans is that they seem to think the past few years have been the biggest nightmare ever even though you've still been consistently picking up silverware the past decade. Fair enough you still haven't won the Premier League but seriously ye don't have it all that bad with your consistent top 6 finishes and you've just had your best league season by a country mile. The tears are a bit much.

Glen Johnson's tweet after the match seems to be aimed at Neville and Carragher. England will get exposed down the right all World Cup if he starts. 

So many sofa experts in this game.... Absolutely no idea about football what so ever! #Jokers

Edited by Morrison J

A bit of perspective:

Of course this draw hurts. The title was essentially lost last week in the Chelsea loss. I admire them going for it. Ultimately they want to win the game to keep the pressure on City, but they had to try and make up the goal difference. They had a very slim chance of winning the title, but they went for it. I love this team. They play an exciting style and have a fantastic core to build around. I am confident that they will be back next year. I think they will attract top class players with their style. I fully expect them to contend next year. 

It sucks because the team was so close, but I think everyone will learn from this experience. I fully expect Suarez to be even better next year, as he is at his best when he has a chip on his shoulder (I think that chip will be pretty big next year). I would have never predicted that they would have played this good this year and am excited that they are returning to the Champion's League and I believe that FSG will invest in the club. 

Great year Red men! You made us believers! I can't wait to see what you do next year...

PS....I don't think GHH has a pint tally today. I'm guessing it's whiskey and it's in double digits!

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1