Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Probably.  But I think it's an issue of not knowing the language.  I've mispronounced a lot until I realize how it's supposed to sound.  And I still say Reel Madrid more often than Ree-al Madrid.  But that's probably my southern lazy speech kicking in.

Probably.  But I think it's an issue of not knowing the language.  I've mispronounced a lot until I realize how it's supposed to sound.  And I still say Reel Madrid more often than Ree-al Madrid.  But that's probably my southern lazy speech kicking in.

I think it's Reh-al and make sure you roll your r. :P Listening to the chants I they drop the d in Madrid too.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

no they wouldnt

Its why I never understood the wankfest over the 0-0 first leg. All Atletico needed to do was score 1 goal at the bridge and it was over.

And Atletico is a much better team than Chelsea and was the worst match up for them since they don't mind grinding out games and not having the ball.

Ifs and buts - your as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Do American commentators call 'ATletico' 'ATHletico' like the idiots who can't read here?

Modern day footie.SMH.

And the first person that say's 'CHAMPioni' instead of 'CAMPioni' May 11 is getting a slap from me. Scouse style. Which you DON'T want!

Just so we're all clear.

Hail.

I'm from Lancashire - pronunciation is not my strong suit. Or reading comprehension for that matter!

Do American commentators call 'ATletico' 'ATHletico' like the idiots who can't read here?

Modern day footie.SMH.

And the first person that say's 'CHAMPioni' instead of 'CAMPioni' May 11 is getting a slap from me. Scouse style. Which you DON'T want!

Just so we're all clear.

Hail.

I'm from Lancashire - pronunciation is not my strong suit. Or reading comprehension for that matter!

Upon investigation (I was curious as to whether Real would get to keep a second 'original' if they made it to 10 EC wins);it turns out Liverpool in 2005 where the last to receive the honour and UEFA have now decided only replicas will be issued.

So Liverpool, Madrid and Milan are the only clubs to own an original cast European Cup.

How cool is that? Not bad company at all.

Well being as they probably wouldn't understand me if I got thick and fast in my native tongue, I shall refrain from any woolyback skitting.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

no they wouldnt

Its why I never understood the wankfest over the 0-0 first leg. All Atletico needed to do was score 1 goal at the bridge and it was over.

And Atletico is a much better team than Chelsea and was the worst match up for them since they don't mind grinding out games and not having the ball.

in thinking about this and also explaining the home/away leg rules (as i know them), i came to the same conclusion. to me, it makes the most sense (if you're going to park the bus anywhere) to park the bus for one's home leg and then steal a goal away. forces the opposition to score two to beat you.

i know it is easier to play at home with your supporters, but the power of an away goal is huge. am i missing something?

Modern day footie.SMH.

Just so we're all clear.

Hail.

i always thought it was athletico. interesting. it's not every day you learn something from GHH (dem jus jokes, amigo!)

Blasphemy. Terry 26 is all heart, tough, fierce competitor. You want people with passion and emotion. 

As well as being woefully average, bigoted and racist. (At the right club then.).  

And his Ma likes Scouse ****, but as this is an open family board, we'll leave that one alone. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping for an Everton win tomorrow. 

FULLY expecting them to lie down in an easy Citeh win 

Over to Villa and West Ham .....

Hail. 

What do you guys think of Van Gaal? Not so sure about him after his failures at Netherlands and Bayern.

Short term answer to a long term problem. Dude ends up playing good football and wins trophys eventually. I just doubt he's given the time at Utd. And he has a rep. for upsetting players, which just adds to the short term dysfunction.

I honestly believe he's the reason why Utd bit the bullet so early on Moyes. There's VERY limited options out there and 'Spurs are sniffing. The situation forced the Glaziets panic.

All that said, IF Utd win out, the groundswell for Giggs would be hard for the Glaziers to overlook. He's nowhere near experienced enough and would be another Moyes move, but with all the sentiment I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the job full time.

Hail.

Last game of the season just ended in the Championship for those not involved in the play offs - and Leeds certainly are not. A mediocre season and a difficult season with the takeover and still 30,000 turned up for the last game today at Elland Road.

Come on Everton!

Let's go for a Manchester two-step today :D

Last game of the season just ended in the Championship for those not involved in the play offs - and Leeds certainly are not. A mediocre season and a difficult season with the takeover and still 30,000 turned up for the last game today at Elland Road.

played with them on Fifa a week or so back against my brother (in your honor) and the standard formation for them was a 5-3-2.  I won 2-1 but they appear to be the anti-Premier league side (unless Jose is manager).

Is that how they show up on game days?

Ryan Giggs is. Football GENIUS! ..... Only messing -:) (Kinda'). Any red that doesn't want Sunderland to stay up after the last few weeks is one cold hearted so and so.

I think I'll swerve watching this as I fully expect Everton to lay down and an easy ride for Citeh.

Praying I'm wrong but my hopes are on Villa and West 'Am.

Hail.

*Edit* Damn, you got me.

'Giggsy MUST stay, Giggsy MUST stay, Hollo, Hollo .....

Come on Everton!

Let's go for a Manchester two-step today :D

played with them on Fifa a week or so back against my brother (in your honor) and the standard formation for them was a 5-3-2.  I won 2-1 but they appear to be the anti-Premier league side (unless Jose is manager).

Is that how they show up on game days?

We have played either 3-5-2 with wing backs or 4-1-2-1-1 or 4-4-2. That' we have used 3 totally different formations at different times tells you all we need to know about how this season has gone ....Ross McCormack has scored 29 goals, heaven knows where would have been without him.

'Giggsy MUST stay, Giggsy MUST stay, Hollo, Hollo .....

They can't seize any initiative can they?

Have a shot at Europa and can't put Sunderland away.

GPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL