Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Let me get this straight. 

We have a generic soccer thread. An opposing team gets beat bad, or set's a new record low as Utd's last manager consistently did; and it naturally get's brought up. Yet that's now considered taking a 'pot shot?'

Hell, myself and MisterPinstripe better leave quietly now as we often take swipes at each others clubs and move on to the next day  without crying Wolf over it. You guys do understand the concept of football rivalry's right?

Welcome to the ES sensitivity program. 

Hail. 

In my defense, I was really taking shots at Moyes instead of United... lol :-D

Though I do think its quite interesting that apparently Arsenal and Everton are no match for the mighty United, even considering also that Fergi is gone and its a new era. He was one of the greatest managers and has been with United for almost 30 years. I think its rather silly to think you can just bring in another manager and teams like Arsenal, Everton, and Tottenham are just so unworthy.

Arsenal have no business being where they are if not for mostly self inflicted wounds. The thing is that there is a heck of a middle ground between what Fergie did and simply fading into mediocrity. I think enough has been established during Fergie's time to allow United to come out of the inevitable transitional period and once again be among the title competitors in less time than a quarter of a century if things are done the right way. Very little romance is left in football now a day and money, reputation and a global fan base go a very long way. You have to acknowledge that there are on the other side of the spectrum plenty of factors that could contribute to United maintaining their place as one of the top teams in the land and that is a mere statement of fact, not arrogance.

Let me get this straight. 

We have a generic soccer thread. An opposing team gets beat bad, or set's a new record low as Utd's last manager consistently did; and it naturally get's brought up. Yet that's now considered taking a 'pot shot?'

Hell, myself and MisterPinstripe better leave quietly now as we often take swipes at each others clubs and move on to the next day  without crying Wolf over it. You guys do understand the concept of football rivalry's right?

Welcome to the ES sensitivity program. 

Hail. 

I would have disappointed if you didn't take "pot shots". Someone will of course respond however.

Good thing John Barnes didn't lump all Liverpool fans in with the ones that racially abused him or he would have been outta there in a heartbeat.

Heysel. 'Victims.' Racism. Should I go on?

Nahhh, you're not transparent at all and if you shout the loudest everyone will think you're innocently being picked on and having stuff made up about you.  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

Heysel. 'Victims.' Racism. Should I go on?

Nahhh, you're not transparent at all and if you shout the loudest everyone will think you're innocently being picked on and having stuff made up about you.  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it is I said about Heysel that was so offensive. Any Liverpool vs United banter is something I find enjoyable, but when you baselessly accuse someone of being disingenuous when you don't know a thing about that person other than he supports a club you hate, excuse that person for being a little defensive. The racism thing was to point out that every club has its share of bad apples, but when it comes to United apparently they're all bad apples.

Arsenal have no business being where they are if not for mostly self inflicted wounds. The thing is that there is a heck of a middle ground between what Fergie did and simply fading into mediocrity. I think enough has been established during Fergie's time to allow United to come out of the inevitable transitional period and once again be among the title competitors in less time than a quarter of a century if things are done the right way. Very little romance is left in football now a day and money, reputation and a global fan base go a very long way. You have to acknowledge that there are on the other side of the spectrum plenty of factors that could contribute to United maintaining their place as one of the top teams in the land and that is a mere statement of fact, not arrogance.

I would have disappointed if you didn't take "pot shots". Someone will of course respond however.

I think United will find it a much more difficult task now with Fergi gone and Tottenham and Everton now being a threat for top 4. More competitive at the top then it has been for awhile.

I think United will find it a much more difficult task now with Fergi gone and Tottenham and Everton now being a threat for top 4. More competitive at the top then it has been for awhile.

Of course it'll be hard it's the toughest league in the world. I just don't think there is only one manager in the world that can succeed at a club like Manchester United.

Personally I don't care what you define as "all" Utd fans. Once again we all get lumped together. I'll make sure tell everyone I know that Liverpool hates America since 500 of their fans burned US flags in front of Anfield in protest. But I'd say you think you are. You take more pot shots on here about Utd than anyone but since there's very few us you know you won't get it back and that basically everyone here will agree and chime in with their insult of them. One of the main reason I don't post as much.Has nothing to do with doing badly. No, it's simply I know if I post anything Utd here generally it gets turned into some kind of insult. Or I better be making fun of them. Why do you think I only post about other leagues now? Only time I posted about Utd is about Moyes being fire because I knew it would just be met with "well we all expected it." For note you aren't the only one. The ones on here who take pot shots all the time know who they are and it's not strictly Liverpool supporters. But its whatever. Like I said I just don't post in this thread as much so who cares. got plenty of other threads to choose from.

We usually agree on the US Soccer thread and I don't mean this as an attack, but Liverpool fans get it as much (if not more than anyone else). There is a gentleman named Luis Suarez that plays for the Reds. In case you forgot, he is constantly ridiculed on the internet (including this sight). There is also a gentleman named Andy Carroll who was transferred with the biggest fee for an English player in history. He was made fun of. Downing and Henderson? Made fun of. We all deal with it...

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

Where in the bloody did you find any reference of mine to the Justice for the 39 banner? That pretty much sums it up right there. It's not in the slightest bit my problem that you have assumed I posted about Heysel with some devious intention in mind even though I explained myself. I have every right to show pride in the club I support and defend it, just like you and GHH would do. This isn't a Liverpool message board last time I checked and if you can't handle some banter go post on a Liverpool board.

I'm handling it just fine.  I think you are the one who is over sensitive this time.

This is how a message board usually works. You post something, if someone disagrees they reply. You reply back. etc...Your idea of a message board is you post something and talk down to whoever disagrees. Still looking for something that constitutes you being able to talk down to me and I have a feeling I'll be looking for a while. I have no problem with partaking in banter between fans of rival club but that's not what you want. You want to be able to say whatever you want and everyone else shut the heck up unless they see things the same as you.

This IS banter, SJ...

I think it only stings because your side is in 8th place right now.

As others have said... welcome to mortality.  ;)

Why are you getting so worked up?  Give it right back.  No one likes a whiner, dude.

I'm handling it just fine.  I think you are the one who is over sensitive this time.

Still looking for the Justice for the 39 reference in my original post (Hint: there was nothing of the sort. You made it up) and yes, accuse me of something like that and I'll get a little sensitive.

Still looking for the Justice for the 39 reference in my original post (Hint: there was nothing of the sort. You made it up) and yes, accuse me of something like that and I'll get a little sensitive.

Ooohhh.  Well if that offends you, I invite you to get over it.  You didn't make a reference to that.  I'm just demonstrating the woe is me attitude that United fans have.  And then there is just another example of what your type does to upset people.  It isn't just your arrogance, you see.

And I never said, nor did I imply that you said anything about the 39.  I think everyone who read that knew what I was talking about.  But you did bring up Heysel the day after Hillsborough's anniversary.  Again... just another attention starved United fan.

Please, please, get over yourself and enjoy this thread like the rest of us do.

Banter was the back and forth over trophies, trebles, titles, etc...Accusing me of baseless nonsense and telling me you know my type when you know nothing about me other than the club I support is not banter and if that's as deep as your thought goes that's on you but why would I bother trying to have any kind of conversation with someone that knows "my type". I love English football more than life itself. I regret that I was too young to have witnessed the First Division dominate European football on the blood sweat and tears of British born players, so I'm by the event that unjustly put an end to all of that. I don't have to tell you any of that though since you not only know my type but have the uncanny ability to unlock hidden messages behind what I post.  I do apologize if it seemed poorly timed but that wasn't my intention.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

So what you're trying to say is everyone has to spend to be successful?! Insanity I say!

I am not the one complaining about clubs spending money. Your fellow United fan did.

BTW if you're referring to me I stopped going to matches because if I attempted to live on my own in England at the age of 9 there's a good chance I would have ended up homeless so unfortunately I had to relocate with my family.

you are not the center of the world, friend. I was referring to a quote from a United fan from the Guardian.

I am not the one complaining about clubs spending money. Your fellow United fan did.

you are not the center of the world, friend. I was referring to a quote from a United fan from the Guardian.

It's easy to lose sight of the fact that at the time, players like Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister and Roy Keane were considered big money purchases because today you just don't think of them in that context, especially for younger fans.

So heres to another nerve shredding, roller coaster of a weekend on the march to # 19. 

Nor buying for one minute what the delusional one says about putting out a scratch side. He hates Liverpool with a passion ever since the 'ghost' goal and I fully expect Chelsea to be at their fullest possible strength giving everything for a win. Our problem comes in one, will Sturridge be back? And two, what can BR do to change the midfield and stop it getting completely overrun like it was last Sunday at Norwich? (Just how BAD was Lucas that game?). As average as Henderson is, he was badly missed as we have no similar depth to cover. He can't play a diamond again or we'll be asking for trouble. Ironically the (not so) special ones 'mind games', or utter B/S, have backfired on him this week as he and Utd have kept the media spotlight off of ourselves at this crucial, high pressure time. Thank you to both.  :D

Hopefully we take care of our business, Citeh mess up at Palace, then we can win it May Day Bank Holiday down at Selhurst Park with a game to spare. 

Oh yeah, good luck Norwich. That would be me apparently taking a 'pot shot' at Manchester United and in so doing offending the overly sensitive nature of the delicate Utd fans around these here parts. 

The fact that Norwich is one of the best away trips of the domestic season that we don't want to lose is mere coincidence to the Utd hate.  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

So heres to another nerve shredding, roller coaster of a weekend on the march to # 19. 

Nor buying for one minute what the delusional one says about putting out a scratch side. He hates Liverpool with a passion ever since the 'ghost' goal and I fully expect Chelsea to be at their fullest possible strength giving everything for a win. Our problem comes in one, will Sturridge be back? And two, what can BR do to change the midfield and stop it getting completely overrun like it was last Sunday at Norwich? (Just how BAD was Lucas that game?). As average as Henderson is, he was badly missed as we have no similar depth to cover. He can't play a diamond again or we'll be asking for trouble. Ironically the (not so) special ones 'mind games', or utter B/S, have backfired on him this week as he and Utd have kept the media spotlight off of ourselves at this crucial, high pressure time. Thank you to both.  :D

Hopefully we take care of our business, Citeh mess up at Palace, then we can win it May Day Bank Holiday down at Selhurst Park with a game to spare. 

Oh yeah, good luck Norwich. That would be me apparently taking a 'pot shot' at Manchester United and in so doing offending the overly sensitive nature of the delicate Utd fans around these here parts. 

The fact that Norwich is one of the best away trips of the domestic season that we don't want to lose is mere coincidence to the Utd hate.  :rolleyes:

Hail. 

Perhaps you're right instead of taking offense I should be flattered for the hard on you have for my club that won't seem to go away even when your club is on the verge of its first title since the cold war. Oh and just in case there's a misunderstanding that wasn't a hidden dig at anything that has to do with Hillsborough.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

My brother said it best last weekend.  Everton is a team full of Jordan Henderson's.  No real talent, but they really work hard.

I would disagree. They have a lot of talent: Lukaku, Berkley, Miralles (even if he is dirty), Delafeau, Baines, Coleman (maybe hitting his stride, maybe a one year wonder), Distin. 

Southhampton are a tough side this year. 

My brother said it best last weekend.  Everton is a team full of Jordan Henderson's.  No real talent, but they really work hard.

That's a bit harsh - they have talent but lack depth. A good keeper, two very good full backs, a good centre half (and I think Stones will become a second very good centre half, two good central midfielders. I'm not counting loan players - how they replace or retain those guys will be the big question for me.

I would disagree. They have a lot of talent: Lukaku, Berkley, Miralles (even if he is dirty), Delafeau, Baines, Coleman (maybe hitting his stride, maybe a one year wonder), Distin. 

You can luck into 11 goal scorers without too many issues.  And Henderson has some talent.  But they don't have THAT guy that you need to take away to be successful against them.  You have to beat the team.

But the thing that's different between Everton this year and Everton last year (Moyes aside) is that they work the WHOLE game.  Everytime I watch them I'm still amazed at the result we got at Anfield this season.

That's a bit harsh - they have talent but lack depth. A good keeper, two very good full backs, a good centre half (and I think Stones will become a second very good centre half, two good central midfielders. I'm not counting loan players - how they replace or retain those guys will be the big question for me.

Didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it came across (maybe my avi is doing me a disservice lol) but I guess what I'm trying to say I said best above.

And to me that's a credit to good coaching as well as I think Martinez is fantastic.

I think the point DC9 was trying to make is Everton are bereft of teal top class talent outside of Baines and potentially Barkley. They have a lot of solid players but the key words over the park are 'team' and 'hard graft' Hence the Henderson line. Moyes fostered that, and Martinez has taken it on the next level by opening them up, playing it on the deck and attacking.

Right lil' Bro?

Mixed day today. Rangers received the first division title as they march on to a fabulous unbeaten league season which made me happy. Norwich lost for the 9th straight away game and lessened the chances of a great trip next year which didn't. And 'Spurs won to now only need a point to keep Utd out of Europe next season.

And passing through town a whiles back, even for this City which is one of the best in the World to have a great night out in; town is BOUNCING. It must REALLY suck to be of a blue persuasion right now.

'Hand it over, Hand it over, Hand it over Manchester!'

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven