Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I know man. I actually get updates on my phone but I can't bring myself to watch because it's hard to find streams and sometimes it's too much to keep up with that many teams

Am I wrong for that?

No, I don't blame you at all.  The quality of play is absolute poop, lol.

But we're in that weird time of year right now where I'll watch anything.

Hey man, I like trophies

:)

Just not big shinny European ones?

I know, I know, I'm being a snarky ass. Ignore me, I've been sent from work with what is fixing to be the flu and my ickle head is pounding so take anything I say with a pinch of salt.

Arsenal Rock! (Think that's the sickness talking still lol.).

Hail.

Just not big shinny European ones?

I know, I know, I'm being a snarky ass. Ignore me, I've been sent from work with what is fixing to be the flu and my ickle head is pounding so take anything I say with a pinch of salt.

Arsenal Rock! (Think that's the sickness talking still lol.).

Hail.

Lol

It's cool. I laughed. Just know...Liverpool's trophy drought will be a topic of discussion for a long while lol

Now doing the rounds on twitter: Van Gaal calls off Kroos transfereven though there isnt a single quote from anyone. At least I can still say mean things about Liverpool now. This Classie fellow better live up to his last name.

Take a wait and see approach.

Utd will be linked with any and every player of note this summer. The vast majority being complete madeup B/S. I'm past getting into transfer speculation or rumours that A N Other player is house hunting in the City 'cos Mikes third cousin seen him parked outside the realtors as he delivered the milk.

I'm more I'll believe it when it's officially announced. Saves getting your hopes up.

Hail.

When it's a player I'm already a huge fan of sometimes I can't contain my inner transfer muppet. I should have already learned my lesson with Thiago and Sneijder.

Speaking of transfers, that Konoplyanka seems like a player to me. Seems perfect as an inside forward in a fluid front 3 but I wouldn't he be a little low on the pecking order at Liverpool?

I'm actually okay with no Landon Donovan.  He's been a whiny little **** for about two years now.

But three keepers while leaving Maurice Edu off when you already have a shakey back four... not sure I dig it.

In the kicking a man while he is down section of the thread:

Moyes is being investigated for his part in a brawl in a wine bar. Maybe if his team showed half as much fight, be would be the current Manchester Untied manger rather than the former (I couldn't resist)...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/22/wine-bar-fracas-david-moyes-investigated-by-police-after-alleged-assault/

I'm actually okay with no Landon Donovan. He's been a whiny little **** for about two years now.

But three keepers while leaving Maurice Edu off when you already have a shakey back four... not sure I dig it.

Unless the rules have changed and you 'have' to take 3 'keepers these days (?); I've never understood that as FIFA always had the emergency goalkeeper rule in place if you lost one through a WC so there was never any need to take 3.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It is. You have 2 of the best in the World.

We have a rodeo clown.

Hail.

Well, I can hate certain fans on my side, within the flowing legions, with as much passion as you, because I happen to be loyal to Cech. Now, I clearly want Courtois to be the summer, early fall starter ... but I don't think you just take Cech out to pasture just yet.

As you can imagine it's a heated subject and I often come away with questions about who exactly is populating the ranks of the supporters. 

In the kicking a man while he is down section of the thread:

Moyes is being investigated for his part in a brawl in a wine bar. Maybe if his team showed half as much fight, be would be the current Manchester Untied manger rather than the former (I couldn't resist)...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/22/wine-bar-fracas-david-moyes-investigated-by-police-after-alleged-assault/

a fight at a wine bar...

That sounds kind of silly.  Not sure there is a worthy comparison.  But it's just the thing I'd expect out of Moyes. :lol:

Seriously, Dave... did someone forget to raise their pinky while they drank?

• Like 1

I'm sure part of it was bribe money to cover you lot physically abusing our handicapped fans up in your stadium. 

As much as I have disdain for Chelsea, after experiencing the 'delights' of Paris' (not so) finest the Cup Winners Cup semi back in '97 that is most certainly one place I DEFINITELY want to avoid in the groups, 

I hadn't heard of that but it certainly doesn't surprise me. Pricks. 

Folk who've never travelled away in Europe just wouldn't believe the **** that goes down in some beautiful City's. St. Petersburg for example I wouldn't even visit as a tourist now. 

Hail. 

a fight at a wine bar...

That sounds kind of silly.  Not sure there is a worthy comparison.  But it's just the thing I'd expect out of Moyes. :lol:

Seriously, Dave... did someone forget to raise their pinkie while they drank?

I'm more impressed that a United fan actually has the gumption to go into a wine bar. 

Perhaps they had a Salford special on. Buy a bottle of Rioja and get a free case of Bodingtons and a bag of chips. (Fries.). 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Good luck Atletico this evening. 

Bob's record will eventually be equalled, but not this year Signor Ancelotti! (And just HOW old do you feel when I guy you watched and greatly admired as a player is now in his 50's going for his 3rd European Cup as a Coach?  :( .).

Hail. 

Well, I can hate certain fans on my side, within the flowing legions, with as much passion as you, because I happen to be loyal to Cech. Now, I clearly want Courtois to be the summer, early fall starter ... but I don't think you just take Cech out to pasture just yet.

As you can imagine it's a heated subject and I often come away with questions about who exactly is populating the ranks of the supporters. 

It's a serious quandary to overcome for sure. 

In today's day and age, NO club can afford to carry two World Class goalkeepers. They want to play regularly now. Not sit on the bench getting the odd cup game here and there. And with Courtois already making it clear he doesn't want to be loaned out again in a 'play me or sell me' power tussle; surely this will spell the end of Cech's Chelsea career. You have to go with the younger man who's on a VERY fast track to being the best in the World already surely?

This will be a VERY interesting one to watch develop this summer. 

Hail.