Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please allow me to introduce myself...

SkinsFan838892

Hey ODU guy, why's your sig a VCU bball player??

Btw I'll be at ODU this fall to watch my Tribe stomp you guys in football.

open your eyes.

oh yeah? are you so sure about that? and kind of like what we did to your basketball team what.... THREE times last season? to keep you out of the NCAA's for what... the 106TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR? 105TH ??who cares. i'm pretty sure thomas jefferson graduated from there and you still haven't made the tourney. Don't hate because we're already on the move. we'll be on to bigger and better things soon enough while you guys are still studying.

Hey ODU guy, why's your sig a VCU bball player??

Btw I'll be at ODU this fall to watch my Tribe stomp you guys in football.

W&M should win (have to make up for ODU beating W&M 3 times in Men's BB, and keeping W&M from its 1st ever NCAA bid); however, I wouldn't go around saying that they are going to stomp ODU on September 18th. ODU will put up more of a fight then W&M fans believe we will, and could even shock W&M fans such as yourself who have no respect for ODU football.

Open my eyes? To the scrap of an ODU jersey in the corner of the pic? Most of it is taken up by a VCU player, just asking why.

Once you actually have a competitive football team (which you should eventually given the 757's talent pool) you'll realize that any college with a semi-decent football team cares 10 times more about football than basketball (and this IS a football board). I didn't go to WM expecting anything out of our bball team so any time they make noise (like this past season) it's a bonus.

bushwack, if ODU puts up much of a fight, I'll be very surprised. But I guess you never know in college football (I was at the WM-UVA game last year, THAT was frickin awesome).

edit: what conference did ODU football play in last season if it wasn't the CAA?

Yes, open your eyes. It's actually "the scrap" of an ODU short leg. UNC has a semi-decent football team. Do they care 10 times more about their football team than they do their basketball team? And what conference? why don't you just keep up with the local flow and you'd know that we're scheduling independently for two season before joining the CAA. So much for caring sooooooooooo much about your football team as to know what your future conference foes are up to right down the street.

anyways, back to the topic at hand... screw guys who root for the redskins then root for the cowboys then root for the redskins

Hello everyone my name is Mike. I have worked for the DEA for 20 years except for a 6 month period 5 years ago when I was smuggling Herion in from Afganistan. But I am now with the DEA once again and busting all these damn drug dealers. The End.

Yes, open your eyes. It's actually "the scrap" of an ODU short leg. UNC has a semi-decent football team. Do they care 10 times more about their football team than they do their basketball team? And what conference? why don't you just keep up with the local flow and you'd know that we're scheduling independently for two season before joining the CAA. So much for caring sooooooooooo much about your football team as to know what your future conference foes are up to right down the street.

anyways, back to the topic at hand... screw guys who root for the redskins then root for the cowboys then root for the redskins

I can see that it's an ODU shot leg, but the focus of the pic is the VCU player, but anyway...

Dude simmer down. I was going for some friendly trash-talking, my bad if I offended you. I was actually thinking of mentioning UNC in my previous post as the one exception haha but they don't even really count since their football team is meh and their bball is consistently dominant. (Btw the guy who might be starting at QB for WM this season is a UNC transfer as well as the younger brother of Greg Paulus). Right now ODU is a no-name football program so why would I keep up with their first few seasons before they're even in a conference? You're NOT our conference foes yet, and certainly not a rival, so why would I care? This isn't 1A football--I keep up with my team, and keep tabs on our main competitors, that's about it.

I actually like ODU as a school quite a bit, I was just screwing with you. Relax bro.

Hello everyone my name is Mike. I have worked for the DEA for 20 years except for a 6 month period 5 years ago when I was smuggling Herion in from Afganistan. But I am now with the DEA once again and busting all these damn drug dealers. The End.

Lol.

This could be like ExtremeSkins' version of AA.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to ES, I follow this forum since 2005 and official member since 2007.

I love the skins since I figured out I love football, I was a child then I saw a beautiful helmet with B&G my heart suddenly starts to beat like crazy, the I saw Dexter M. running for a TD, the band stars to play "Hail to the redskins" and everyone shouting like crazy and jumping all around RFK, then I knew ALWAYS ROBERTO WILL BE A DIEHARD REDSKIN, ALWAYS.

The second thing I knew that moment was: F*** DALLAS!!!!

**** DALLAS.

Tribe.

OD.

Take it to PMs.

Haha sorry. As we all know, school pride isn't easily swallowed.

Back to topic...

I hate bandwagon riders as much as the next person, but people who became fans of a team only when that team was really good but claim they're a fan for a DIFFERENT reason (to act like they're not on a bandwagon) is one of my biggest pet peeves. Examples: I always suspected a good friend of mine from high school was a bandwagon fan since he claimed USC and the Chargers (he has no connection to Cali or either team) but the year after the Giants won the SB and he went to school in NY, he claimed he was now a true Giants fan but nooo not because they were good, but because he tentatively plans to live in NY. A girl I know at school became a Dallas fan when she was young (mid 90's...), she claims because her brother was born in Texas (not even Dallas) when they lived there for like 3 months.

Another example might be someone who jumps a bandwagon supposedly because they claim to be a big fan of some arrogant star player...

...I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Hello all. FNG here, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jason and live in Han****, MD. I have been a Skins fan since, oh about '85, except for a short stint as a Cowboys fan in the early ninety's while serving in the Army. I was actually a huge Deion Sanders fan and was following him. When he came to the Skins, I stuck with them, even after he left. My dad is a huge Skins fan, and we go to games when ever we can. I've been to both RFK and FedEx fields.

Thought I would share my fondest Redskin memory. One of my best friends growing up is cousins with Rich Milot. Met him numerous times, either visiting my friend's parent's house, or at weddings. Anyhow, quite a few years back I joined my friend, along with his parents, on a trip to Myrtle Beach. On the way while going through Virginia, they decided to stop at Rich's house, this was shortly after he retired.

Inside was everything you'd expect, footballs, Redskin paintings, but no Rich, he was out to dinner, the only people there was his kids and the babysitter (imagine her surprise.) Well, my friend went into the kitchen and told me to come with him to show me something. He reached on top of the fridge and grabbed a small basket, and low and behold inside this basket was 2 Superbowl rings.

I don't like you.

Dude, I don't think Rich M. would appreciate that his super bowl rings location just got uncovered, but it probably doesn't matter too much since I thought I read somewhere that he passed away. If so, may he rest in peace.

Haha sorry. As we all know, school pride isn't easily swallowed.

Back to topic...

I hate bandwagon riders as much as the next person, but people who became fans of a team only when that team was really good but claim they're a fan for a DIFFERENT reason (to act like they're not on a bandwagon) is one of my biggest pet peeves. Examples: I always suspected a good friend of mine from high school was a bandwagon fan since he claimed USC and the Chargers (he has no connection to Cali or either team) but the year after the Giants won the SB and he went to school in NY, he claimed he was now a true Giants fan but nooo not because they were good, but because he tentatively plans to live in NY. A girl I know at school became a Dallas fan when she was young (mid 90's...), she claims because her brother was born in Texas (not even Dallas) when they lived there for like 3 months.

Another example might be someone who jumps a bandwagon supposedly because they claim to be a big fan of some arrogant star player...

side note: I think W&M should own them. You return a lot of players I believe and made it deep in the playoffs last year(lost to Villanova at Philly unless I'm mistaken). ODU fans are still all up in the clouds about the 8-2 season against DII teams. I saw their schedule this year though. Not fun.:ols:

oh and thanks for the great laugh last year with the UVA game. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them lose to you guys.

The Parable of the Prodigal Son..

There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. When he came to his senses, he said, I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.

But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Then as the father took off his robe, the Father saw that his son was wearing a Cowboys jersey and said unto him, "WTF!! the Cowboys, really man, seriously... WTF!!!" Then he tore his clothes..

The moral of the story is, WTF!!

Admittedly I wasn't a die hard sports fan growing up, only started rooting for the Skins because my friend's cousin played for them. Really didn't get into sports until the seventh grade. Didn't play sports til High School. Like I said Army Brat, moved around a lot. My dad didn't even get into sports until he retired from the Army and settled down. So, I really had no sports fan role model growing up. Hell, I liked the Expos at one time. So I rooted for the Skins through Middle, then high School along with my dad. Went off in the army and didn't follow sports much.

It wasn't till I started at the prison in '96 that I started to love Football, and the transition to back the Skins began. General fan, like I said liked Deion. Would you turn down a multimillion dollar contract? (It's always the Owner's fault when it comes to contracts and money.)

I understand that it says "ExtremeSkins" but you also carry the moniker of being the "Official Message Board of the Washington Redskins." Which I mistakenly took as being a place for all Redskins fans. Apparently not. So I'll move on.

Back to the Cowboys perhaps? I mean really dude, what did you expect, this is the Internets. :beavisnbutthead:

Like I said I was following "Primetime." I was stationed in Korea for Super Bowl XXVII, and watched them win, then Sanders signed with them a couple of years after that and that sealed the deal. Then I followed Sanders to the Skins in 2000 and stuck with them ever since. So a skins fan for 20 years, Cowboys slip up for five. What can I say, nobody's perfect.

Do you have a pure hatred for Dallas?

I have two sons, the one and only time they are allowed to use the word "hate" is when Dallas is used in the same sentence.

This has been an embarrassment. We crossed the line from good natured ribbing to ugly hostility. There should be room for casual fans here without the wrath of the so-called die hards. Who knew "die hard" Redskin fans could be such asses?

Alright guys I think this taunting has run its course. Honestly I think the posts were a little harsh. After all we have cowboys fans on this site and even some come onto this board and they don't even get that kinda of attack.

Besides if the guy is a Redskins(I know I know he went Skins Cowboys Skins. I know strange) fan there's no need to run him off the board. As poor of a idea as it was to explain his history at least he did. I don't think expected this kind of reaction though.

Wow, you guys are harsh. I mean the guy is just being honest here, is that so bad?? He seems like a great guy to me, but what do I know.

BTW, if anybody should see him around, let him know he dropped his list on his way out. It seems he's been a fan of a few teams over the years:

My favorite teams

2010 New Orleans Saints

2009 Pittsburgh Steelers

2008 New York Giants

2007 Indianapolis Colts

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers

2005 New England Patriots

2004 New England Patriots

2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2002 New England Patriots

2001 Baltimore Ravens

2000 St. Louis Rams