Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please allow me to introduce myself...

SkinsFan838892

I take great pride in being a die-hard fan of the Washington Redskins. Obviously we look at this sort of thing ALOT differently...and I guarantee their are many people on this board that agree 100% percent with my posts.

Sports are a big part of my life, I love all my teams and take great pride in sticking with them through thick and thin.

And when I see other people consider themselves die hard fans when they say they once abandoned that team for 5 years for that team's biggest rival...it makes me laugh and scratch my head a little bit....that's all.

I see that sport means a lot to you. You seem very passionate about it. Like I said, if he wouldn't have said anything about like Deon, he wouldn't be getting this flack. if you didnt know he had like Sanders or followed the Cowboys, and he was in a Redskins jersey, at the tailgate you were at, you would get along just fine with him. He would be sharing your views on your team and life would be good. My point is not to brand him with a scarlet letter just because he has interests that differ from yours, because whats more important is that you both share a ferver for the Redskins... a common bond. Its like old school Caps fans not letting any new Hockey fans be a part of their club because they liked em first.

Im sorry for arguing with you. :)

In other words, you are a band wagon jumper.

NEXT!

He's a casual football fan. There is no other way one could go from pukes to skins or vice versa. I dont know what bothers me more, being an ex-pukes fan or following Peon Sanders from team to team. That guy always made me wanna punch someone, still does.

Its funny how many of you guys try to seduce me over to the 'skins, but ridicule fans who already jumped from another team. :ols:

I think you mean that you're Irish Catholic. :pfft:

Well Its the fact it was the Cowboys that people are freaking. Hell people even accepted Eagles fans who jumped because of McNabb.

oh and I'm Irish.:ols:

I was born in Wisconsin, and lived in Minnesota for most of my childhood and never, ever was a packers or vikings fan. Don't really know how that happened. Was raised by my mother so she didn't follow sports that much.

Anyway when I finally got into sports, my best friend was a Redskins fan and I decided that's what team I'm gonna root for. I was about 7 and started watching games. Charles Mann is the first guy I rooted for.

I never would have rooted for another team-EVER...unless skins needed help for a playoff run. I can see if you were a kid because kids change their minds all the time, but as an adult you lost all credibilty atleast with me. Like others have said, your a casual football fan but cannot call your self a true skins fan. :dallasuck

So a stray comes back home. Is that a bad thing? He realized he is a Redskins fan after all. I really don't see anything wrong with this. I was a football fan first. Redskins second. So I can see where the OP is coming from.

You all need to just let it go and welcome him to ES family. It is never too late to become a Skins fan again. :)

Thats funny. I can actually say I was a skins fan first, football fan second. Watched my dad root hard for the skins, so naturally I did as well. Then, the more I watched w him (didnt hurt we were contenders every year) the more I learned the game. Maybe this is why I cant even fathom the OP's way of thinking.

But yes, welcome to ES. Youve got your work cut out for you! :ols:

Not completely knowing your life story, but gleening that you have moved around a bit, as well as serving overseas, it is completely understandable that you would have a variety of rooting interests, and teams that you follow from one time or another.

However, I have a hard time disagreeing with most people on this, as I am sure going to a Cowboys board, you would recieve the same treatment had you said, "I grew up a Dallas fan in the 70s, then decided to root for the Skins in the 80s, then realized my mistake and came back just in time for 1992." Same goes for being both a Packers and a Bears fan, a Lakers and a Celtics fan, a Duke and a UNC fan, a OSU and Michigan fan, a Red Sox and Yankee fan, etc.

Somethings just go together like oil and water. This is one of those things, and being a sports bigamist, especially one who is/has been a fan of both the Redskins and Cowboys, is about the least socially acceptable thing on this community know as ES.

Welcome aboard, but I can't lie and say it won't be a bumpy ride early on.

Thats funny. I can actually say I was a skins fan first, football fan second. Watched my dad root hard for the skins, so naturally I did as well. Then, the more I watched w him (didnt hurt we were contenders every year) the more I learned the game. Maybe this is why I cant even fathom the OP's way of thinking.

I grew up in the west coast..WY to NM to AZ...so you see there wasn't really a team I liked back then in the 80 (kind of liked the Broncos a little). So I would just watch football games for the sport. When my family moved here to MD in 87 that is when I eventually became a Skins fan.

Now my kids on the other hand are born Skins fan. Even my 3 years old knows what Redskins colors are and every time I open up ES...She says Redskins!

So you see my kids are Skins fan first...football second. :)

...I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Awesome start. :)

Hello all. FNG here, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jason and live in Han****, MD. I have been a Skins fan since, oh about '85, except for a short stint as a Cowboys fan in the early ninety's while serving in the Army.

Thank you for playing. We have no prizes waiting as you exit. ;)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=2978147&postcount=1

Yeah this post is hilarious, the one right before the TK exit stage right.

Yeah I cracked up on it...eerily similar...I won't hate on anyone, it is what it is....but damn :dallasuck.....I had an ex-girlfriend that tried to tell me she was both a Dookies and a Heels fan....**** the Blue Devils as well by the way....Carolina doesn't rebuild, we RELOAD...

Hail!!!

I grew up in the west coast..WY to NM to AZ...so you see there wasn't really a team I liked back then in the 80 (kind of liked the Broncos a little). So I would just watch football games for the sport. When my family moved here to MD in 87 that is when I eventually became a Skins fan.

Now my kids on the other hand are born Skins fan. Even my 3 years old knows what Redskins colors are and every time I open up ES...She says Redskins!

So you see my kids are Skins fan first...football second. :)

I see. You came around at about the perfect time. Sure miss those days.

And I must applaud you on your parenting skills, sounds like your children will be just fine!

Cheers, HTTR!

Archived