Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please allow me to introduce myself...

SkinsFan838892

Damn, its like you admitted to being a crack addict and then found GOD in the Redskins. The prodigal son returns. ;) I kid

Welcome to the board. This place is wild, have fun, and don't let anyone get to yuo. It takes a man to admit he had a problem like rooting for Dallas.

You started off on the right foot.

Well the authority has spoken then........:rolleyes:

Here is where you started to slip.

Who really cares who is a "true" fan or a "die hard" fan? Does that title get you into the movies for free? Do you get to cut in line at the bank because you are a "true" fan? Let the man enjoy his sports without ridicule and judgment from you. Id like to know what discounts you get when you flash your "die-hard" card at restaurants in the DC/NOVA area.

Singling out the new guy because he doesn't fit your definition of a true fan is stupid, immature and pointless. If he were sitting next to you at a game, cheering just as loud, for the same team you cheer for, you wouldn't even know he has cheered for another team and you would slap him five just like any other fan when the Skins scored.

When you say "The OP can do what he wants no doubt....I just hope he doesn't consider himself a true, die hard, skins fan....because there's no way in hell he's one of us. " You are trying to segrigate him from the rest of the fanbase all because he liked Deon Sanders? As if you are more privileged and better then him because you have always rooted for one professional team?

Let the man be part of the community without having to wear the stigma as "less then a die hard fan". Its pontless.

This. This is the point I started to question your fan hood.

Because its your message board right? You arent trying to make a former cowboy fan part of the redskins board?

Spoken like a true 20 year old.

And this is when it was confirmed, in the beer line wearing your DG28 Jersey, paying w your Cowturd Visa. :silly:

I kid................sorta :paranoid:

...I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Hello all. FNG here, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jason and live in Han****, MD. I have been a Skins fan since, oh about '85, except for a short stint as a Cowboys fan in the early ninety's while serving in the Army. I was actually a huge Deion Sanders fan and was following him. When he came to the Skins, I stuck with them, even after he left. My dad is a huge Skins fan, and we go to games when ever we can. I've been to both RFK and FedEx fields.

Thought I would share my fondest Redskin memory. One of my best friends growing up is cousins with Rich Milot. Met him numerous times, either visiting my friend's parent's house, or at weddings. Anyhow, quite a few years back I joined my friend, along with his parents, on a trip to Myrtle Beach. On the way while going through Virginia, they decided to stop at Rich's house, this was shortly after he retired.

Inside was everything you'd expect, footballs, Redskin paintings, but no Rich, he was out to dinner, the only people there was his kids and the babysitter (imagine her surprise.) Well, my friend went into the kitchen and told me to come with him to show me something. He reached on top of the fridge and grabbed a small basket, and low and behold inside this basket was 2 Superbowl rings.

So, the important question here is who is your second favorite team on any given Sunday? Be careful, there is a correct answer here.

Well Its the fact it was the Cowboys that people are freaking. Hell people even accepted Eagles fans who jumped because of McNabb.
Well, I suppose I can see that point. I'm sure there are some new Vikings fans that were brought over with Favre. I sure gave my friend--a Capitals fan--a real hard time when he was rooting for the Penguins to win the cup.
oh and I'm Irish.:ols:

We can spot our own from miles away :cheers:

I was born in Wisconsin, and lived in Minnesota for most of my childhood and never, ever was a packers or vikings fan. Don't really know how that happened. Was raised by my mother so she didn't follow sports that much.

Anyway when I finally got into sports, my best friend was a Redskins fan and I decided that's what team I'm gonna root for. I was about 7 and started watching games. Charles Mann is the first guy I rooted for.

I never would have rooted for another team-EVER...unless skins needed help for a playoff run. I can see if you were a kid because kids change their minds all the time, but as an adult you lost all credibilty atleast with me. Like others have said, your a casual football fan but cannot call your self a true skins fan. :dallasuck

You and I, my friend; polar opposites. Born and raised a couple miles out from DC yet a die-hard Packers fan.

So, the important question here is who is your second favorite team on any given Sunday? Be careful, there is a correct answer here.

When I was 8 I went to my first game at RFK stadium and I bought a big pin that I wore to every game after that one that said

My Favorite team is the Redskins

My second favorite team is who ever is playing Dallas

And I still think that way. **** the Cowboys, and Hail to the Redskins baby!

I got goose bumps thinking about that :point2sky

I hate the Cowboys and Deion and I just don't look at any Redskins fan who likes either with a sympathetic eye when they get flamed.

Thank you for your service to our country and your honesty though.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sorry you're getting piled on. It's just having a checkered past is one thing, but following Deion over makes it even worse. MOST long time skin fans resented that move as he milked the team for a heavy contract. I still get a sour taste in my mouth every time I think of him at the news conference wearing that God awful "burgundy and gold" "suite". and the #21 bandana give away at FedEx.

You started off on the right foot.

Here is where you started to slip.

This. This is the point I started to question your fan hood.

And this is when it was confirmed, in the beer line wearing your DG28 Jersey, paying w your Cowturd Visa. :silly:

I kid................sorta :paranoid:

lol.

I got the Redskins Visa so I would have a towel to wrap around me (free gift for getting a Visa that day) on eyear during a rainy game...

Archived