Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Baltimore Radio Guy Loses His Mind Over John Riggins

MattFancy

We don't have to do this in every thread that mentions something about the city of Baltimore.

DC Oriole fans really don't care what people from Baltimore say. I root for the team because I grew up rooting for the team, not because I like other fans. Give it a rest...this idiot's opinion of Riggins and their stadium has nothing to do with the Orioles, DC Oriole fans, etc.

:doh:

Agreed, just because I root for a team from a certain city doesn't mean I believe everything that city does.

What I think is the funniest part of the rant is that he says you'd bump into a RedSox fan in DC, shocker....Red Sox/Yankees fans are everywhere - especially Sox fans since their '06 WS win. Go to a Red Sox @ Orioles game, let me know how many Red Sox fans show up....I guess every single one of them drove up from DC.

Hey I'm just trying to help. Washingtonian O's fans clearly have self-esteem issues. They're not proud of where they're from and they feel like they don't deserve to be loved and respected. But it's cool, in 10 years when Strasburg is winning his sixth Cy Young, Harper is kacking 50 bombs on way to his 4th straight MVP, the Nats are battling for the pennant, and the Orioles are completing their quarter-century of losing seasons, your kids will decide to be Nats fans.

Hey I'm just trying to help. Washingtonian O's fans clearly have self-esteem issues. They're not proud of where they're from and they feel like they don't deserve to be loved and respected. But it's cool, in 10 years when Strasburg is winning his sixth Cy Young, Harper is kacking 50 bombs on way to his 4th straight MVP, the Nats are battling for the pennant, and the Orioles are completing their quarter-century of losing seasons, your kids will decide to be Nats fans.

Lol yes we have self-esteem issuses for not bailing on a team we've rooted for our whole lives.

And are you talking about the same Nats team that went 2-4 and just got swept buy the Orioles?

Lol yes we have self-esteem issuses for not bailing on a team we've rooted for our whole lives.

And are you talking about the same Nats team that went 2-4 and just got swept buy the Orioles?

This is a guy who said he'd stop rooting for one of his favorite teams he has followed his whole life if they signed a specific player.....but it's ok bc he said he'd come back after that player left!

It's ridiculous how this has to come up every time!

In this particular case....it's the topic of discussion.

Another demonstration that your fellow Baltimore fans hold you in contempt....and many despise you simply because you're from the DC area.

I'll never understand why Ravens fans hate the Redskins so much. Maybe the same reason Nats fans hate O's fans, I don't know. Seems like the newer teams in town have a huge problem with the teams that were here before them.

Baltimoreans hate Washington and Washingtonians, pure and simple. This disdain mainly manifests itself in their loathing of the Redskins, because the Skins are so intrinsically linked with DC.

And it's not just Ravens fans-- the Colts fans hated Washington and the Redskins too. So it's a Baltimore thing, not a "Ravens" thing.

Washingtonians really don't give a crap about Baltimore or Baltimoreans--Nats fans mostly hate the O's because of the attempts to block baseball's return to DC.

The Nats haven't been around long enough or accomplished enough for Baltimoreans to lose any sleep over them. But I'm sure if/when the Nats become good, the hate from Baltimore will soon follow.

Good for them. They probably should since the Nats will be their childhood version of our O's. When all those awesome things happen to the Nationals, I'll still be loyally following my Orioles. It's how I am.

In this particular case....it's the topic of discussion.

Another demonstration that your fellow Baltimore fans hold you in contempt....and many despise you simply because you're from the DC area.

That's fine...and it's their business if they want to do that. Luckily, I'm a fan of an organization, not the city or other fans.

Again, I'm glad to see the Zip Code Crew is on point today!

I've lived in Maryland my entire life, right next to DC. I love the Skins and I love the O's. Why would I root for the Nats or the Ravens? Because I root for the Skins or the O's? Not a chance, its loyalty. The Nationals and the Ravens won't sniff the tradition the Orioles and Redskins have....or the success....ever...:point2sky

I hate the ratbirds because of their dumb ass fans, and their perceived "Beltway" rivalry. They're a expansion team:ols::ols: with no history, rich tradition ,or fans that rival the passion of the SKINS fans. My hatered for the ratbirds is only eclipsed by my hatered for the cowturds. Besides seeing the Skins in action weekly, anytime the cowturds and ratbirds lose it brings me immense happiness.

:dallasuck:ravensuck

I've lived in Maryland my entire life, right next to DC. I love the Skins and I love the O's. Why would I root for the Nats or the Ravens? Because I root for the Skins or the O's? Not a chance, its loyalty. The Nationals and the Ravens won't sniff the tradition the Orioles and Redskins have....or the success....ever...:point2sky

I'll never dump the Redskins (tragically) but it was real easy for me to leave the Orioles behind even before the Nats showed up.

1. Peter Angelos (No need for a 2nd reason, but...)

2. Rafael Palmeiro testing positive after pointing his finger at congress.

Bye-bye, Birdies.

Who is he kidding. We are some of the most passionate fans in america. Yes, DC is a transient city with all of the transplants in the area, but we never lost a football team and have a much more storied franchise than the the Ravens. Fourteen years, try close to 80 years, then come back and say the same thing.

I would never root for the Ravens and don't know anyone else who would root for the Ravens after our season ended. Get a life and do some research before you say ridiculous comments like this and Riggins should spray paint the seats if he is going to report from M&T Bank Stadium.

Its not a rivalry . We have played them 4 times in the history of the Ravens and they lead 3-1 not really pwning us .. .

Maybe not everyone considers it a rivalry, and I'm ok with that.:)

However, I'm not gonna blow sunshine up the tails of our fanbase. Everything about the Ravens has been better than the Redskins from day one.

The all around success of their franchise has paralleled nearly two decades of mediocre to bad Redskins everything. Personel decisions, gameday experience, fan and community relations...... the list goes on and on.

We are now the underdogs in this fight. I wouldn't consider the Ravens a rival if the Redskins were up 3-1 all time.

I don't know about you guys, but I will enjoy the next Redskins victory over Baltimore as much as any win over Philly or NYG.

:ravensuck

Fans of the Ravens have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the Skins. It's bizarre.

It really is bizarre. I live here in Baltimore and when I'm wearing my Skins gear, I'll get booed on my way to the Skins bar. It's so strange b/c I really don't care about the Ravens, aside from when we play them.

However, I would be upset too if I didn't have 3 SB trophies to look at.

Archived