Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Baltimore Radio Guy Loses His Mind Over John Riggins

MattFancy

Yeah, I cannot abandon the O's despite the horrid and downright evil ownership. Too many good memories...Dempsey sliding in home on the rain covered tarp, Billy Ripken's ****face baseball card, Cal and the streak, my bachelor party weekend, which included two O's games when they were in first place, of course that was in May of the season of 2005, probably the last time they were in first. :)

I live north of Baltimore and have to deal with Ravens fans all the time and I will tell you this, that right behind my hatred for the cowgirls is the ratbirds. I have eaten enough s*** from their fans for the 14 years that they have been around and will forever despise their team as will most of the skins fans that live in this area. Most of their fans don't know why they hate us they have just been bred to do it.

People say they left the O's because of Angelos, why haven't you left the Skins because of Snyder?
As bad as Snyder has been, he actually tries and get players where Angelos does absolutely NADA to help that franchise.

Exactly what I was going to say Dex

People say they left the O's because of Angelos, why haven't you left the Skins because of Snyder?
As bad as Snyder has been, he actually tries and get players where Angelos does absolutely NADA to help that franchise.

Not to mention Angelos was a major obstruction when it came to the Expos/Nats coming to DC. I don't think Snyder has done anything remotely similar.

Not to mention Angelos was a major obstruction when it came to the Expos/Nats coming to DC. I don't think Snyder has done anything remotely similar.

Right...but you can't really add that to the equation if you were an O's fan. I can understand why DC baseball fans dislike(d) Angelos. However, I am an O's fan so I have never cared about him keeping baseball out of DC. Now, I have plenty of other things I don't love about the guy...but not enough for me to stop being a fan of the team.

Baltimoreans hate Washington and Washingtonians, pure and simple. This disdain mainly manifests itself in their loathing of the Redskins.....
I hate the ratbirds because of their dumb ass fans.....
I live here in Baltimore and when I'm wearing my Skins gear, I'll get booed on my way to the Skins bar.
.....If you don’t hate the Redskins, good for you. But I do.....I will not get over it. -Baltimore Fan.
610x.jpg

Purple Camo now I have seen it all.....check out the nice hats.

Ravens fans are morons. Most of them don't even understand why they hate the Redskins. If they did, they'd realize how stupid they are and get a life.
They haven't been loyal followers of the Ravens for 14 years...maybe more like 9 1/2 years, following the SB run!!! And guess what, they still talk about the championship as if it happened last year!!! I hate them.
People who live in the Baltimore area (as you do) and are Redskins fans tend to despise Ravens fans. They are utterly obnoxious in every way. They act as though they won the Super Bowl this past season, talk more **** about the Redskins than any other fans, hate D.C., are ridiculously unknowledgable about football, and make ridiculous comments such as in the OP.

I don't have much against the team perse, but I hate their fans with a passion and want the Ravens to lose only to see those fans suffer.

That's because Ravens fans don't understand words with more than 2 syllables.
My dislike towards Ravens fans stemmed from a Ravens game I went to when they first played the Browns. There were tons of Browns fans in attendance that were just excited that they got their team back. As I watched these fans get spit on repeatedly by ahole Ravens fans, seriously .. they were spitting, I immediately became anti-Ravens.

I also hate how these fans have taken over some local sports bars here, when I know full well that if the Ravens were continually in last place they wouldn't even be wearing those jerseys, much less being obnoxious peons.

I will tell you this, that right behind my hatred for the cowgirls is the ratbirds. I have eaten enough s*** from their fans for the 14 years that they have been around and will forever despise their team as will most of the skins fans that live in this area. Most of their fans don't know why they hate us they have just been bred to do it.
Not to mention Angelos was a major obstruction when it came to the Expos/Nats coming to DC.

Here's another: During the moment of silence observed around the NFL for Sean Taylor.....Baltimore fans chanted "Redskins suck, Redskins suck".

Hate them as much, if not more, than I hate Dallas fans. And most of them are Orioles fans with the same mentality.

Good thing nothing like that ever happens at FedEx.

So you're condoning the chanting of "Redskins suck"....by Baltimore fans....during the moment of silence observed for Sean Taylor?

And please....give one example of Redskin fans acting even close to that boorish in a similar situation. Just one.

When did Baltimore fans chant Redskins suck during the moment of silence? I've never heard that one before. You may be right, but I've never heard of it. I do remember seeing Lewis, Reed, and McGahee huddled up before the game talking about how this one was for Sean.

So you're condoning the chanting of "Redskins suck"....by Baltimore fans....during the moment of silence observed for Sean Taylor?

Shirley, you can not be serious!

And please....give one example of Redskin fans acting even close to that boorish in a similar situation. Just one.

I've been all over the league in my B&G colors, I think I can accurately gage the standards of conduct among the other 31 fan bases.

To answer your question, I've observed moments of silence in FedEx several times over the years. It's a rarity to not hear renegade jack ass's yelling from somewhere.

This type of :pooh: goes on everywhere.

What can you do?:munchout:

If it makes Ravens fans angry, it's a good thing.

My thoughts exactly. Who really cares what other teams feel about the Skins. All of his assessments are total crap. Which means hes just searching for fuel to burn. 14 faithful years is laughable to compare to 60 years of love hate and damn near suicide (at times). He is reaching to get a reaction from our radio guys. I hope no one takes the bait.

I work with a Ravens fan who is always trying to bust my balls about the Redskins. I laught at him. I think a lot of them are jealous of the Redskins, because they don't have the history the Redskins have. Many Marylanders like myself did not "jump ship" when the Browns moved to Baltimore, but a lot of current Ravens fans rooted for the Redskins, or Dallas, or some other team from some other place before the Ravens arrived. All those people didn't suddenly become interested in Football in '96. I think there is a perception from the Ravens fans that the Redskins are "yesterday" and the Ravens are "today."

The Nats haven't been around long enough or accomplished enough for Baltimoreans to lose any sleep over them. But I'm sure if/when the Nats become good, the hate from Baltimore will soon follow.

Yes they have:

fantasy_g_strasburg01_576.jpg

The amount of press Strasburg is getting, alone, must have the blO's worried. There are a lot of Nats fans in Harm City too. Baltimore hasn't been even close to relevant in 13 years...

The hate is coming, I was at a Nats-blO's game on Friday. A lot of hate towards the Nats...

Guest Spearfeather
Nope.

Yeah, I should refine my question to: Would all those born before @'75, trade the Ravens for the Colts?

Lets face it. Baltimore is a cesspool. Its about the only city thats worse than Philly. And Ravens fans felt like they had the Redskins shoved down their throats when they LOST the Colts. How you can be classified as "passionate" fans when you lose a NFL team is beyond me.

Baltimore fans have ALWAYS hated DC teams. Period. Even when they had the Colts. Even when they had no team. It's an inferiority complex that goes beyond sports teams. It pisses them off that Baltimore is often looked at by outsiders almost as a suburb of DC.

Both cities have nice areas and crappy areas, and they have totally different vibes. So I like living in between...I'll aways be more of a DC guy at heart, but I actually spend more time in or around Baltimore.

But as far as Riggins, well he has a beef with Snyder for firing him from the radio station, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that the commercial was done in the Ravens stadium...just as a little dagger to the Redskins. But the funny thing is, it seemed to piss off Baltimore people more! :ols:

**** the Ravens, what were all their fans before they got here? Did they just refuse to watch football for all those years.

Im a skins fan, Os fan, Nats fan, Caps fan, Wizards fan. Ironically im a huge Red Sox fan from living there for the first 7 years of my life.

But **** the ravens i hate them i want another game other then ravens browns on cbs

**** the Ravens, what were all their fans before they got here? Did they just refuse to watch football for all those years.

Im a skins fan, Os fan, Nats fan, Caps fan, Wizards fan. Ironically im a huge Red Sox fan from living there for the first 7 years of my life.

But **** the ravens i hate them i want another game other then ravens browns on cbs

So you're a big fan of three different teams in the same pro sport? How exactly does that work? I can't even fathom that.

Actually the hardworking citizens of Md funded that purple stadium, even if we don't root for that team. And hardcore skins fans who have had the opportunity to be around Ravens fans, despise that team as well. Baltimore is a disgrace to rest of the state.

Actually the hardworking citizens of Md funded that purple stadium, even if we don't root for that team. And hardcore skins fans who have had the opportunity to be around Ravens fans, despise that team as well. Baltimore is a disgrace to rest of the state.

Please explain why Baltimore is a disgrace to the rest of the state?

Archived