Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Baltimore Radio Guy Loses His Mind Over John Riggins

MattFancy

heres one of his replies to a post on his blog

(Edit from GMC: If you don’t hate the Redskins, good for you. But I do. Because the Redskins represent me not having a NFL team to root for growing up. I will not get over it.)

now that's funny.

That is just ridiculous. How does this guy have a blog that even catches the attention of Steinberg and Deadspin?

The only difference there is that JKC didn't try to block an American Football Conference club from coming to Baltimore.

NY v. DC? I wasn't aware of that. Baltimore-D.C., yes. Philly-D.C., yes. NYC-D.C.? That's new to me.

At my school the loud obnoxious New Yorkers usually don't mix well with the laid back DC folks. Maybe it's limited to us though.

I definitely see a lot of the Baltimore vs. DC stuff though.

Guest Spearfeather

I will never accept the idea that Ravens fans are more " die-hard " than Redskins fans. The older Ravens fans are probably still bitter over the loss of the Colts and their ongoing success. I'd love to ask the Ravens fans that are so.....you know, " die-hard ", if they could send the Ravens to Indianapolis in exchange for the Colts; would they take it?

I hate the city of Baltimore. I didn't even know they had a football team though, what did you say they're called again?

Baltimore is a filthy city for filthy people, and quite frankly I find it insulting for this guy, whoever the **** he is, to sit on his high and mighty horse and proclaim that I am a transient fan. I bleed Washington sports and have lived just outside the district my whole life. And I have never even considered giving Baltimore sports a second's worth of consideration, much less root for them as a second team. And this has nothing to do with my irrational hatred of Baltimore or Murland :pfft:

I hate the city of Baltimore. I didn't even know they had a football team though, what did you say they're called again?

Baltimore is a filthy city for filthy people, and quite frankly I find it insulting for this guy, whoever the **** he is, to sit on his high and mighty horse and proclaim that I am a transient fan. I bleed Washington sports and have lived just outside the district my whole life. And I have never even considered giving Baltimore sports a second's worth of consideration, much less root for them as a second team. And this has nothing to do with my irrational hatred of Baltimore or Murland :pfft:

You know, apart from the whole thing about the Civil War, we see eye to eye about a lot of stuff. :D

'Cept for the Murland part since I was born just in the state limits.

There definitely is a rivalry, it just sucks that they've owned us for the last 15 years.

These Bal/Wash threads pop up every six months or so, and they wouldn't grow several pages long if there wasn't a rivalry.

You don't see threads like these about St. Louis.

:whoknows: because St. Louis doesn't have an irrational hatred of our city?

I will never accept the idea that Ravens fans are more " die-hard " than Redskins fans. The older Ravens fans are probably still bitter over the loss of the Colts and their ongoing success. I'd love to ask the Ravens fans that are so.....you know, " die-hard ", if they could send the Ravens to Indianapolis in exchange for the Colts; would they take it?

Nope.

Baltimore was and is a great football town. They lost the Colts because of the Irsay family, not their fans. Irsay moved the Colts mainly due to a conflict over a stadium deal and the fact that they City of Baltimore was about to seize the team under the law of eminent domain, so he high-tailed it out of Baltimore in the middle of the night....

I'm still waiting for you to explain why, if Baltimore supported the Colts, was there such low attendance figures for at least two seasons before the move?

Fact is that Washington has shown more loyalty and support towards it's football team than Baltimore has. So the "woe is us" working man crap that comes from the folks with inferiority complexes up north is all just a bunch of made up BS.

He is just mad the Ravens don't have any highlights that were made when the only pictures you could get had to be taken using black and white film.....No tradition and no class from the so called fans in Baltimore and this idiot of a broadcaster.

Archived