Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace

zoony

Really sad news--

Always enjoyed bubba's sense of humor, but never felt like I really go to know him all that well.

He was an absolutely amazing news hound--really unmatched. I have no idea how he was able to do what he did. Pretty amazing talent.

Rest in peace bubba.

Please to all members: keep this thread about paying respect to bubba and leave all other business, including quoting or commenting on anything idiotic anyone else says out of it to not add to any distractions..staff will handle anything else...report any offensive post via PM to any mod if needed...

Nice to see you, Sol...sorry it's under these circumstances... :(

Can't say I care much for postmortem thanks, but in lieu of anything better I'll add to it. I'll miss Bubba. I generally don't pay much attention to handles, and his was one of a handful I'd come to recognize and enjoy seeing.

Can we put anything lasting on the News page for him?

It is really good to see so many people pay their respects.

Some way to honor Bubba9497 is on point.

An ES HOF, Jumbotron post, Larry Michael comment on Redskins Report, Bubba's Breaking News, a "Bubba" patch during a pre-season game, etc.

Whatever it is, it should be non-intrusive to the family.

Just remember: WWBD

WHAT WOULD BUBBA DO?

:helmet:WWBD

I'm stunned. All my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and I hope that he found peace at the end.

I've barely been here these past few years, but I always made sure to read bubba's posts. He was a rock from the first day I set foot on this place. I always thought of him as a unique blend of jolly yet appropriately cantankerous. I will miss him.

Oh dear lands that's shocking news.

Even through his absence, you don't actually fear the worst until it's confirmed. What a tragically young age to pass.

I, like many others in this place we call "home", had my differences with bubba, not least over the outgoing QB. But I always respected the man's stance in believing his view was right and never shying away from the counter argument. And the sterling work he did in bringing us every last scrap of breaking news will be sorely missed.

I'd be lying to say I classed him as an on-line friend, but I aren't when I say this place won't be quite the same without him, and he'll be missed.

My deepest condolences to the family he leaves behind. My prayers go out to you.

Hail.

Archived