Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace

zoony

I don't hesitate in speaking for all of us when I say that the tens of thousands of us who populate ES will surely miss one of the greatest of fans.
Seriously!!! None of us are a bigger Redskin homer than bubba (Vols either). He proudly wore his colors on his sleeve whether posting up to the minute Redskin news, adding historical Redskin stats and info to a thread or being a great troll stomper both here and in ATN.

This day just overtook the day ST passed as my saddest on ES. :(

That's really sad to hear... I always enjoyed bubba's posts and his egging on the Cowboy fans in the ATN. I'm sorry for his family as well. Today is a sad day on ES.

One day you're posting away on your favorite message board, the next your gone. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? I'm sure the Redskins are a very insignificant thing now to his family.

I never thought I could have such strong feelings for a poster on a message board... I'm deeply saddened.

ES w/o Bubba != ES w/ Bubba

I like the idea of a tribute maybe at Halftime of a game to show not just ES but 90K plus what a great fan Bubba was...No fireworks or a big production just something to honor a great fan. That would be cool and it just seems something like this would be the right thing to do..IMHO

RIP BUBBA

I wonder if any of you mods that have a line to the team can let them know,, maybe get his name up on the jumbotron during a time-out or something. Some sort of small gesture. This is the biggest Redskins fan board on the net, and Bubba was truly one of the most prolific and universally respected and liked contributors.

I don't hesitate in speaking for all of us when I say that the tens of thousands of us who populate ES will surely miss one of the greatest of fans.

~John

Good idea, John.

We should do something here to honor someone who meant as much to this site with his work here and contributions as the Redskins mean to Washington.

Maybe rename the "Breaking News" forum to him (or dedicate it to him).

Or maybe rework his avatar to make it an 'In Memory' salute to him and make it available to ES members for awhile.

RIP, Bubba. You will be missed.

Tragic news.

We surely had our battles and differences and not many brought what you did to the table. You were in a class of your own and I had a tremendous amount of respect for you despite everything else. You were a legend on this board. You will be greatly missed and your family is in my prayers.

Rest in peace from this Dallas fan and Bubba fan.

Very nice of you to step up to the plate...

Good idea, John.

We should do something here to honor someone who meant as much to this site with his work here and contributions as the Redskins mean to Washington.

Maybe rename the "Breaking News" forum to him (or dedicate it to him).

Or maybe rework his avatar to make it an 'In Memory' salute to him and make it available to ES members for awhile.

RIP, Bubba. You will be missed.

I wonder if any of you mods that have a line to the team can let them know,, maybe get his name up on the jumbotron during a time-out or something. Some sort of small gesture. This is the biggest Redskins fan board on the net, and Bubba was truly one of the most prolific and universally respected and liked contributors.

~John

I support this 100%

Archived