Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got a job!!!- * update *

ljs

My 2 month hiatus will be over starting Monday morning. I am now a Victim/Witness Advocate for the county prosecution gang unit-. This will be just across the state line in Washington, and the commute is only 30 min.

I had planned on going back to school when I was laid off in January, but in order to get unemployment benefits, I had to apply for jobs. Well, there was jack crap for jobs, but this one stood out. It was the only job I actually applied for, not just inquired about. I'm so excited. My law enforcement background, and previous education made me qualified. While in Law enforcement I worked the gang areas, and that was my forte so to speak. We didn't have a formal gang unit, but I was known for my gang expertise. When I found out the advocate job was specifically for the gang unit, I just knew it was a great fit.

Even though I really enjoyed the time off, spending all day playing house wife and stay at home mom to the dogs- I'm excited to get back to work, and doing something I'm so passionate about.

'bout time you got off the public dole. LOL j/k

Seriously though, congrats!!

:ols: I know huh? Here I am a conservative living off the gov't. I chatted with my dad yesterday, talking about how I can understand why people aren't too motivated to work if they get unemployment or welfare.

:ols: I know huh? Here I am a conservative living off the gov't. I chatted with my dad yesterday, talking about how I can understand why people aren't too motivated to work if they get unemployment or welfare.
Oh yeah, I known the feeling.

Gratz, I know all to well I sat out for 8 months(horrible). I just don't understand the people who would rather collect a check than work for it. Yet, another extension is in the works on our dime.

Also, don't give up on going back to school either if you can swing it.

Archived