Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got a job!!!- * update *

ljs

congratulations! And it sounds like you found out on a Friday, so the perfect news to carry you through the weekend.

I actually found out yesterday- but waited til I signed the papers to make my announcement to people- and yeah, totally going to celebrate (responsibly) this weekend~

Congrats on the new job! Just wondering, why did you get out of law enforcement? You talk about it frequently and seem pretty passionate about it.

Long story, but basically I was burned out and needed a break. This new job is perfect, I still get to work in that realm, help people and actually make a difference.

Long story, but basically I was burned out and needed a break. This new job is perfect, I still get to work in that realm, help people and actually make a difference.

I understand that 100%. When I got out of law enforcement, I spent a couple YEARS in a well-paying, but mail-it-in kind of job. People don't realize the toll that being a police officer takes on a person. It's great. I loved every second, but it wore on me too.

:ols: I know huh? Here I am a conservative living off the gov't. I chatted with my dad yesterday, talking about how I can understand why people aren't too motivated to work if they get unemployment or welfare.

Congrats. I hope you'll like it as much as you think you will.

And I spent almost six months on unemployment a couple years ago. I can understand people trying to stay on it, too. The system is really set up to keep you on it in a way. I could have gotten a job before I did, but I kept getting offers for jobs that paid the same or a little less than my unemployment check. Plus it's nice to not have to work during the summer months. Sunshine, heat, and humidity! What's better than that??

Good for you ljs. All good things come to those who wait. Or something like that.

I'm excited to get back to work, and doing something I'm so passionate about.

That's the important part right there. One leads to the other. Life's too short to not like what you do at work. Congrats to finding this job.

I understand that 100%. When I got out of law enforcement, I spent a couple YEARS in a well-paying, but mail-it-in kind of job. People don't realize the toll that being a police officer takes on a person. It's great. I loved every second, but it wore on me too.

I thought you were still in LE. But at least you know what I mean. My best friend is a guy I worked with, he was hired the year before me, left 6 months after me. We talk all the time about how we miss it, but we know that we made the right decision. I saw myself turning into someone I didn't like. The year I left, I knew 12 guys who died, all under age 55- Cancer, Heart attack and 3 suicides. I just didn't want to end up like that. I think this job will be perfect. Especially since its major crimes and gangs. I will shadow the supervisor for a few weeks, and Monday morning we start a homicide trial.

Bout time your friendship dues checks were bouncing LOL

:ols: thankfully the only thing that bounced during my poor couple months!

3 days into the new job and I absolutely love it!!! Just wanted to talk about something great, the HC thing is dragging me down. Haven't even been on ES this week til tonight.

Anyway, I've sat in on several trials, attempted murder, assaults w/ ax, sword and gun...sitting in on Prosecution and defense interviews, reviewing cases. Met a couple judges, and spent time in one judges chambers yesterday going over some civil orders for one of our criminal cases. My boss is great and I've already learned so much. I haven't felt this great about work in years, seriously.

Everyone I'm working with, from the secretary to the prosecutors, have been great. Everyone is so passionate about what they do, and the atmosphere is just awesome. I should be working my own cases in a couple weeks. I'll be traveling across state in May for a 3 day conference. I feel like I'm actually doing something now that is making a difference in people's lives.

ok, so carry on with the political fighting, I'm getting some much needed sleep.:D

glad to hear the new job is working out well. you should consider yourself lucky, usually in an economy like this, the only jobs available are the real crappy one no one wants.

I am curious though, what type of gangs are prevalent in Idaho? I don't picture your stereotypical Bloods & Crips hanging on street corners. I would assume you would deal more with biker gangs in the drug/gun trade, such as trading guns to Canada for drugs.

3 days into the new job and I absolutely love it!!! Just wanted to talk about something great, the HC thing is dragging me down. Haven't even been on ES this week til tonight.

Anyway, I've sat in on several trials, attempted murder, assaults w/ ax, sword and gun...

Assault with a sword???

Is the Knights Templar one of the gangs up there???

Seriously though, I'd like to hear the story behind that if that's possible.

I am curious though, what type of gangs are prevalent in Idaho? I don't picture your stereotypical Bloods & Crips hanging on street corners. I would assume you would deal more with biker gangs in the drug/gun trade, such as trading guns to Canada for drugs.

I'm working across the state border in Washington( 30 min from where I live), a town called Spokane- if you follow college basket ball Gonzaga University is there. Also, Mark Rypien lives in Spokane. The town is about 300k people and about another 75K in outlying areas. I wouldn't say this is like LA or anything, but yeah- we have gangs. besides the "black gangs"- we have Mexican gangs, a few Asian gangs and a few Russian/Ukraine gangs. Plus you got your white boy wanna be gangs, Aryan Nation punks and yes, we do have some biker gangs here like the Banditos.

Assault with a sword???

Is the Knights Templar one of the gangs up there???

Seriously though' date=' I'd like to hear the story behind that if that's possible.[/quote']

a guy went to talk to his neighbor about a parking issues, having no idea the neighbor is drunk and fighting with his wife. He knocks on the door and the "suspect" opens the door with a 2 foot sword and shoves the guy off the porch. The sword doesn't really do much damage, but you can be charged with felony assault anyway since he did go after the guy with a weapon. He'll only get a couple years- the "victim" wasn't hurt much which is part of the decision on sentencing time.

I don't know you LJS, but I am genuinely happy for you. To hear someone get a "job" in something they are passionate about makes me smile. You know what they say? "If you love what you are doing you will never work a day in your life."

Keep us updated over the days, weeks, months and hopefully years.:)

Archived