Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Starting RT stuns Bills, retires from NFL at 26

HapHaszard

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Buffalo-Bills-Brad-Butler-retires-at-26-021810

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)

Buffalo Bills starting right tackle Brad Butler announced his retirement on Thursday.

The news comes as a surprise to the Bills after the 26-year-old Butler just completed only his fourth NFL season.

Butler majored in government studies at Virginia, and spent the 2008 offseason interning at Kemp Partners in Washington DC with former and late Bills quarterback and congressman Jack Kemp.

"My passion for education, country and community is something that I am ready to devote my full attention to," he said in a statement released by the team. "I believe the best way to pursue these spheres of interest is to step away from the game of football at this point in my life."

click on the link above for the rest of the article

I'm glad that piece of **** is out of the league. Back in college, Matthias Kiwanuka hurt his leg during a play in a game against UVA. After the play was over and while Kiwi was visibly limping, Butler dove shoulder-first into the back of Kiwi's knee. Looks like the little **** couldn't take it when he got hurt.

Karma really is a ...

Whoa that's disgusting to see. Starts @ the 1:20 mark for those curious.

I'm glad that piece of **** is out of the league. Back in college, Matthias Kiwanuka hurt his leg during a play in a game against UVA. After the play was over and while Kiwi was visibly limping, Butler dove shoulder-first into the back of Kiwi's knee. Looks like the little **** couldn't take it when he got hurt.

Karma really is a ...

I was expecting to see some real stretch of a "cheap shot" but I don't think that could have been more obvious. I don't care if the guy was Walter Jones incarnate I wouldn't draft him in the seventh round after seeing that.

The worst part of that skirmish is the defensive player coming to his aid got ejected. Obviously whoever swings last in the one that gets caught but I'd have to say that's justified. As an NFL scout I would have bumped up that guys stock for that. If someone is trying to injure your teammate you stand up for them regardless of penalties.

Karma really is a ...

It's that guy? Wow. I wish him nothing but the worst in life. I was there for that game, he blatantly tried to tear Kiwi's ACL after the play was over. Could have changed an entire career, with a loss of millions of dollars to Kiwi and his family.

Archived