Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont see why there wouldn’t. This pandemic isn’t supposed to go into the fall, is it? 

Itll fade away just before summer hits and people will have so much toilet paper there'll be a pandemic on people toilet papering buildings and homes,.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

What happens if there isn't a 2020 season........thoughts?

Every game will be played by each team owner on Madden with a dual split screen on each of them so everyone can watch them talk trash to each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sorry for the late arrival to sharing this situation on es but my hands have been very full here in western wa (about an hour-plus from seattle) and the demand for all and any helping hands retired or otherwise is high...i haven't read the board other than a couple very brief scans since a few days before the virus news was really breaking, so it will take me some time to catch up with  pms and notices and read the threads...hope y'all are doing as well as possible

btw, an immediate suggestion given the turf----do not watch cable news all the time <edit unintended content>

for me, i am of course practicing and preaching to listen to and heed all the medical-expert cautions and ignore your facebook friends and all those home-brewed "authorities on everything cuz i haz the internet and am a smart guy" types that favor any "exaggeration" narrative...i suggest being way more into better safe than sorry to keep it simple

it will take awhile for me to catch up and then there sure is a ton of football i want to talk about it---stay safe  

• Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 8:48 AM, Jumbo said:
sorry for the late arrival to sharing this situation on es but my hands have been very full here in western wa (about an hour-plus from seattle) and the demand for all and any helping hands retired or otherwise is high...i haven't read the board other than a couple very brief scans since a few days before the virus news was really breaking, so it will take me some time to catch up with  pms and notices and read the threads...hope y'all are doing as well as possible

btw, an immediate suggestion given the turf----do not watch cable news all the time <edit unintended content>

for me, i am of course practicing and preaching to listen to and heed all the medical-expert cautions and ignore your facebook friends and all those home-brewed "authorities on everything cuz i haz the internet and am a smart guy" types that favor any "exaggeration" narrative...i suggest being way more into better safe than sorry to keep it simple

it will take awhile for me to catch up and then there sure is a ton of football i want to talk about it---stay safe  

Way to bring politics into this forum. Thought it wasn’t acceptable. Great to pass on medical advice but the pigsty garbage is just that,garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

Way to bring politics into this forum. Thought it wasn’t acceptable. Great to pass on medical advice but the pigsty garbage is just that,garbage.

mods can make exceptions to rules for some purpose though they are accountable to someone(s) too---but this was not the case here---it wasn't intentional

so first, let me apologize to all for what happened---i copied a post i had made in the tailgate and thought i had edited the real political content out, though i meant to leave some media comments i'd made in, and did, as i posted it here too

but i didn't notice the edit hadn't "taken" until after reading tarpon's post

however  tarpon, you addressing your complaint in the thread is a rule violation (read rule 18) but no action on that will be taken

next time please address the issue properly, thanks, and maybe consider your tone and the situational context

this isn't redskins related, but it's stadium-dweller related :)

i'm sure i am one of the later, if not last, people to know about this since i'm not on twitter (or any other "social media platform" other than es :ols:)

but rex chapman has this awesomely funny acount espn ran a story on and he does a shtick called "block or charge" and it's funny "accident" videos (all light-hearted, no bad) that fit that sports theme.....so if there's another out-of-the-platform-loop reprobate like me, look into it for another fun way to pass the time 

• Thanks 4

NFL game pass has super bowl 18 in it's entirety as one of it's featured games in case anyone wants to relive that nightmare.

Pretty crazy to watch tho.  Nfl and the super bowl have come such a long way.  Pregame introductions were such a disaster (super bowl 10 or 13 I can't remember) but they were so uncoordinated and awkward.  

I was only 2 at the time, but the riggins era must have been so fun to watch.  Not only is he a bad ass, but the skins just pound the rock with him, 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Good luck stopping it.  Pretty cool to see the Gibbs offense in its prime, all the pre snap motion that was fairly new at the time.

Hoping they add some of the more enjoyable Redskins super bowls.

• Like 3

Bored out of my mind and watching playoff games from last year and it made me realize something I probably wouldn't have thought of under normal football watching circumstances. 

Offensive lineman must be ridiculously good at the game, bloody knuckles.

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Chase Young won't be drafted by us.  Why you say?  We aren't going to invest another 1st round pick into the line.  We are going to get an impact LB or CB.  

Do you say this with 100% confidence?

Will they then trade out of the 2 slot? 

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Do you say this with 100% confidence?

Will they then trade out of the 2 slot? 

i do say that with 100% confidence.  Look we added Sweat, Allen, Payne on the d-line.  We have 0 long term at LB right now on this roster who is a star, neither at CB.