Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I'm sure it's old news but I just seen guice's tweet thing with a picture of him standing next to the president and he says something like there gonna be salty but I come from nothing and that it's an honor to meet the president

That's totally me....not into politics at all what so ever...the closest I come to politics is is being able to name the current president of the greatest country on earth at the moment.. I would absolutely love to meet the president just to say I met the president of the United States.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm sure it's old news but I just seen guice's tweet thing with a picture of him standing next to the president and he says something like there gonna be salty but I come from nothing and that it's an honor to meet the president

That's totally me....not into politics at all what so ever...the closest I come to politics is is being able to name the current president of the greatest country on earth at the moment.. I would absolutely love to meet the president just to say I met the president of the United States.

This is me as well.  No idea why you wouldn't want to do that.  I guess Andy Reid agrees because obviously his desire for a White House Buffet was more than Nick Bosa's drive to meet the president!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, skinzplay said:

If your father or son isn't on the team, too, then you shouldn't have Jr, Sr, II or III on your jersey.

Let people be called/known by whatever name they want. Who cares, seems like a dumb thing to care about. This is somebody else's identity and branding you're talking about here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Let people be called/known by whatever name they want. Who cares, seems like a dumb thing to care about. This is somebody else's identity and branding you're talking about here. 

It's not something I care about, @ConnSKINS26. The thread title is for random thoughts. It's just a random, fleeting thought that came to mind, in the spirit of the thread. Could think something completely different tomorrow (or 20 minutes from now). Just getting out of the trade up/trade down, Chase, draft mindset for a bit.

• Like 1

49ers 10.5 (under) 10-6

Saints 10 (over) 12-4

Eagles 10 (even) 10-6

Vikings 9.5 (under) 8-8

Packers 9.5 (over) 11-5

Rams 9.5 (under) 8-8

Seahawks 9 (over) 11-5

Cowboys 9 (even) 9-7

Bears 8 (even) 8-8

Falcons 8 (under) 6-10

Bucs 7.5 (under) 6-10

Cardinals 6.5 (under) 5-11

Panthers 6.5 (way under) 3-13

Lions 6.5 (under) 5-11

Giants 6.5 (under) 6-10

Skins 5.5 (over) 7-9

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

15-1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, skinsmarydu said:

And now, back to our regular scheduled programming...

I would absolutely love to have this hat...during the offseason I dont wear any skins gear...this would be my off season hat..I'd wear it every time I left the house!

• Like 1

In light of the Kobe tragedy, I saw the SB celebration in a different light. Not that it was never like this. But this celebration brought tears to my eyes. Of course there's the feeling one gets when they've worked on a dream their entire life (I implore all of us to do) and seen the dream come true. But the feeling one gets when they can share it with their child or the father/mother that took them to all those little league practices and games. Its why I have and will always love football. Hopefully the Redskins will experience this amazing moment soon.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-micd-up/0ap3000001101358/Mic-d-Up-Chiefs-defense-seals-K-C-s-first-title-in-50-years-Super-Bowl-LIV

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 1

Does it bother anyone else when you look and there are unread messages you can't seem to keep up with?  Before I was a member and trolled for years I never got the bolded titles saying there was something new.  Now it bothers me if I haven't checked them!

11 hours ago, Lovi said:

Does it bother anyone else when you look and there are unread messages you can't seem to keep up with?  Before I was a member and trolled for years I never got the bolded titles saying there was something new.  Now it bothers me if I haven't checked them!

This time o year i just follow sip..

A couple of points, latest articles have alluded to Dan paying for the stadium himself -- this article flat out says he will.   That should help considering most owners in recent years at least try to get partial public funding.  The other point is Dan on his own for the last month and change has made so much more progress it seems than Bruce did in recent years.  I wondered about this on the Bruce thread back in the day as to whether he was dawdling on purpose to maintain his job security since it was all him in charge of it or whether he approached the project with as much arrogance and incompetence that he did on other matters.  

The Redskins and D.C. leaders for years have hoped to return the team to the city by building a new home at the site of RFK Stadium, where fans once enjoyed a golden era.

Now that possibility appears as distant as the memory of Redskins Super Bowl victories. A stubborn Congress is refusing to give the District long-term access to the land, partly because some influential members don’t like the team name.

As a result, team owner Daniel Snyder has begun wooing state and county officials in the Maryland and Virginia suburbs. Early signs suggest the most likely outcome will be a new stadium at the site of the current one, FedEx Field, in Landover in Prince George’s County.

Many Redskins fans would not welcome that result. The site lacks a convenient Metro station, and is not close to restaurants or bars for postgame celebration — or mourning, given the team’s recent performance. To addresss that, Snyder is promising a domed stadium, usable all year, to anchor a multipurpose entertainment complex including a hotel, restaurants and retail.

Regardless of where the stadium ends up, Snyder has said he’ll pay to build it. State and local governments would be on the hook for transportation improvements and other nearby infrastructure.

....There’s no deadline for the team to leave FedEx Field. Its agreement with Prince George’s specifies only that it must play in Landover until 2027. But the stadium has deteriorated with age, and both Snyder and fans would like a new one.

Snyder’s outreach is part of a lobbying effort — which appears likely to succeed — to pass legislation in Maryland and Virginiato allow sports betting at a new stadium.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I think I'm now officially suffering from o.s.e.d.

That's offseason speculation exhaustion disorder to the layman. 

That's where your completely and totally sick of bouncing from thread to thread to thread reading the exact same crap worded  slightly different each time but you still cant stop yourself from doing it.

Does anybody know if there's any support groups out there for people with this disorder?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I think I'm now officially suffering from o.s.e.d.

That's offseason speculation exhaustion disorder to the layman. 

That's where your completely and totally sick of bouncing from thread to thread to thread reading the exact same crap worded  slightly different each time but you still cant stop yourself from doing it.

Does anybody know if there's any support groups out there for people with this disorder?

Yes..i am head honcho of this said support group. Welcome, feel free to state your name and tell us a little about yourself. For starters you could start off by joining us extremeskins dudes in the tailgate in the dirty laundry thread..it'll help..I promise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took my daughter to the Fairfax Inova ER last night because of possible appendicitis.  They had to monitor her overnight. 

She felt much better this afternoon, so we went to their play area.  

Here’s what we found on the way in:

788F06D6-A326-4DD2-80FA-0EB9F76548AA.thumb.jpeg.c4d765ec9f77b3ba71094a3069badd30.jpeg21307311-D226-4D07-96A3-BA2AE0984FC4.thumb.jpeg.09250c3a7fd2eb050d09570782280d5e.jpeg4AA35110-5C2C-4848-A6EB-EB59BFB885F3.thumb.jpeg.a431609199c9bbde29f059c48a4be4c8.jpeg66CFD2EA-7746-4446-894E-2C9FA0672CF2.thumb.jpeg.f112ffe42c550aab8860a546af8c65f6.jpeg

She actually has a Kerrigan jersey.  She was very excited.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason