Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

6 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Interestingly, I have never in my life heard anyone use the term "redskin" in a disparaging way.  I have, however, witnessed some idiots disparagingly call a native American "chief."  Yet, to my knowledge, the Kansas City team receives no protests.

Pretty sure they do/did. At any rate, there's a thread in the Tailgate if you have more to say. More people might see it there

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Pretty sure they do/did. At any rate, there's a thread in the Tailgate if you have more to say. More people might see it there

Hey, I didn't bring the subject up, it was someone else's "random thot."  I'm on no soapbox here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

It was a 1000 person poll conducted by the Washington Post, whom we know has an agenda against the name. 90% that would be 900 native Americans were good with the name out of 1000 not 630. Way more than the 60 or 70 protesters that might show up at a random game every 2 or 3 years. That is only one sample, there are  other polls if you care to look them up. 
  Don’t really think that members of the media have their collective fingers on the pulse of the American public on this or most  other issues. By the way, those announcers that you are alluding to are using the name Redskins when calling their games. Tell me which ones aren’t?

Alot of them aren't using the name..I didnt write there names down..Dick Stockton(?)..he uses the name...a couple other do..if the Redskins weren't such rich in history in the nfl and if it wasn't for the NFL sticking up for the name I in my own opinion believe the name would have been changed...sure majority of the population in the country are on the right side but theres plenty out here to the left who know nothing about the Washington post. 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Alot of them aren't using the name..I didnt write there names down..Dick Stockton(?)..he uses the name...a couple other do..if the Redskins weren't such rich in history in the nfl and if it wasn't for the NFL sticking up for the name I in my own opinion believe the name would have been changed...sure majority of the population in the country are on the right side but theres plenty out here to the left who know nothing about the Washington post. 

I was so confused by this part until I realized you meant directions on a map, like East and West

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well now I got a face to go with redskinss..where's everyone else's face to put with the convo?

Well you got a half a face,  lol.

There was a "show yourselves" thread years ago but it got archived and I haven't seen it in a long time.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The guy (or girl) they have sending out official tweets for the team is...interesting, to say the least.

Does anyone know anything about him/her, and their identity ?

It's Rivera's daughter. No idea how old she is but she's clearly very much aware of online/twitter humor and convention. She's with it which matches many of the other NFL team accounts. Definitely an improvement. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's Rivera's daughter. No idea how old she is but she's clearly very much aware of online/twitter humor and convention. She's with it which matches many of the other NFL team accounts. Definitely an improvement. 

Wait til the bullets start flying. It's always interesting to see how newcomers handle the sins of this franchise.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wait til the bullets start flying. It's always interesting to see how newcomers handle the sins of this franchise.

Thinking that'll be interesting also. Whoever ran the account in the past was extremely tone deaf in-season when things were going poorly. Just no awareness.

I imagine now it'll be better, content-wise, but his daughter is going to get an inside look at this toxic fanbase via tweet replies and retweets that most coach's kids would really have to go looking for to see. Yikes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Thinking that'll be interesting also. Whoever ran the account in the past was extremely tone deaf in-season when things were going poorly. Just no awareness.

I imagine now it'll be better, content-wise, but his daughter is going to get an inside look at this toxic fanbase via tweet replies and retweets that most coach's kids would really have to go looking for to see. Yikes. 

Hope she has plenty of alcohol  :ols:

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2020 at 8:57 AM, Number 44 said:

Interestingly, I have never in my life heard anyone use the term "redskin" in a disparaging way.  I have, however, witnessed some idiots disparagingly call a native American "chief."  Yet, to my knowledge, the Kansas City team receives no protests.

Somebody called me “chief” disparagingly. My parents are from India. I put on my best Apoo Indian accent (I don’t have it, born and raised in Fairfax) and said, “We don’t actually have Chiefs in India.  We have Maharajah’s. ” And then walked away.  

• Like 1

What are people’s predictions on when we start hearing news on nfl training camps (meaning whether or not they’ll happen, or IF they happen, when they’ll start, etc)? I was just thinking about this tonight, and other years we’d have set dates and times for each team to report. I KNOW this isn’t a normal year, but it just got me wondering. 

My guess is we’ll hear something by mid June 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What are people’s predictions on when we start hearing news on nfl training camps (meaning whether or not they’ll happen, or IF they happen, when they’ll start, etc)? I was just thinking about this tonight, and other years we’d have set dates and times for each team to report. I KNOW this isn’t a normal year, but it just got me wondering. 

My guess is we’ll hear something by mid June 

New York has already given the green light for all nfl teams to open their facilities. I'd say it all starts on time 👍

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thank you for raising a great son, Mr. Tater !

Do you call him Mini Tater ?

Or has he gotten bigger than you ?

I'm 5'6..he's 6'..built like a **** brick house..nothing mini about that tater lol...thank you by the way..I appreciate that!

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1