Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

😑 ***** you phone!!!!! that’s “didn’t”. GAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! 

You obviously know what each word is though, so why keep asking? 

Lol...because I straight up like ****ing with you..I need to be careful tho because I believe it's in the rules not to clog threads with little pitter patter..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Good..right where I want the skins to be ranked..and no primetime games...I'm getting more n more excited for the season to start.

No Dallas wont do ****, they blow balls...the nation hates the name Redskins...until the name changes you'll never see the Redskins talked about/get love..winning wont even change that. Hell the league and the refs will not let the Redskins win.

I wonder if Rivera being on the competition committee help a little with the refs? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

I wonder if Rivera being on the competition committee help a little with the refs? 

That's actually really interesting.  I don't think it will help, per se.  

Because I don't actually put a lot of stock into the conspiracy theory that the 'Skins never get the calls.  I think the officiating is horrendous across the league, and the 'Skins have been a bad team with such a small margin of error, every blown call is magnified.  

That said, Ron will know exactly what the intent of the rues are, how they will be enforced, and how to coach/teach it better than somebody who is not on the competition committee.  That's gotta be worth something, I would think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Did not know this..thanks for mentioning this..something I'll definitely keep an eye on...I'm sorry but I always go back to that play in London against the Bengals. Crowder getting his head ripped off right smack dab in front of the ref...not to mention all the other stuff that's happened(jesus gods dont get me going on the non holding calls)that completely told me the refs are told to just look away.

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Did not know this..thanks for mentioning this..something I'll definitely keep an eye on...I'm sorry but I always go back to that play in London against the Bengals. Crowder getting his head ripped off right smack dab in front of the ref...not to mention all the other stuff that's happened(jesus gods dont get me going on the non holding calls)that completely told me the refs are told to just look away.

Hate to break it to you, but it’s not just the redskins that get screwed by the refs. Every team does. The refs are just bad. They’re not out to get the redskins like you’re making it seem 😂 stop. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hate to break it to you, but it’s not just the redskins that get screwed by the refs. Every team does. The refs are just bad. They’re not out to get the redskins like you’re making it seem 😂 stop. 

B.s...not every team gets screwed like the skins...it'll come out some day..and y'all be like daaaaaaaamn somebody call taters mom..he was right!

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

B.s...not every team gets screwed like the skins...it'll come out some day..and y'all be like daaaaaaaamn somebody call taters mom..he was right!

The saints had a blown pass interference call which kept them from a super bowl. Yes, teams DO get screwed like the redskins. There’s no vendetta against us or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

The Saints we’re screwed out of a SB trio by a blatantly missed pass interference call.  And they are one of the darlings of the NFL with Brees and Payton as superstars.  

GB has been screwed in the playoffs by bad called. 

The 2 most famous controversial calls in the history of the NFL both screwed the Raiders: the immaculate reception (the ball was touched by a Steelers player before Franco Harris caught the ball, but the refs were too terrified to call it) and the tuck rule.  

There is no grand conspiracy.  Bad calls happen.  The reason we notice the Skins bad calls more is because they’re such a bad team they can’t overcome any type of adversity.  A false start is a drive killer.  And a holding call not only kills a drive but probably flips field position.  Additionally, the Skins have been so bad when they get the benefit of a bad call they can’t take advantage of it.  So it seems even more unfair. 

Where other teams can overcome sometimes, we can’t.  

And there is an entire thread dedicated to this conspiracy theory nonsense.  So if you want to continue the conversation we can take it there. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

You posted the other day that you barely watch other teams play, you mostly keep the games on in the background until the Skins play (nothing wrong with that, just a fact about yourself that you posted). I think maybe you aren't in a position to say with such certainty that other teams don't get screwed by refs like we do lol. Understandably, you don't pay attention to every play of other teams' games with the same laser focus you have when you watch our beloved Skins, so you wouldn't see it all. It's an inherent bias. Almost every teams' fans think like this.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Voice of reason connskinsfan cooley fan I appreciate your input.. and you all make very excellent points yes cooleyfan I'm well aware of how the Saints got screwed a couple times in the playoffs.... yes connskinsfan you're correct I don't watch other games like I do the Redskins game ... but I did stay in at a holiday no I did save 15% by switching to no... I do watch plenty of football to know that other teams do get screwed by the refs that is correct we are not the only team and I know this is talk for conspiracy theory thread and I'm not trying to argue with you all and trying to sound so biased but everybody knows as well as I do the nation does not want the name Redskins.. LOL I'm going to focus on the road here getting back to delivering milk but I'm sorry that's my stand.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:14 PM, bakedtater1 said:

I guess him and Jim Mara will have a lot to talk about. Mara has been on the committee for some time now.

So Tom Brady is working out with Buccaneer teammates at a high school.. I'm seeing all this news of all kinds of facilities opening here in the next couple weeks is there anything going on with the Redskins and there facilities opening up at all?.. I did see that bit with Harmon, McLaurin and Haskins working out that, was awesome to see!

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So Tom Brady is working out with Buccaneer teammates at a high school.. I'm seeing all this news of all kinds of facilities opening here in the next couple weeks is there anything going on with the Redskins and there facilities opening up at all?.. I did see that bit with Harmon, McLaurin and Haskins working out that, was awesome to see!

It really depends on the governor and the phase we're in in northern VA, and specifically in Loudon County.  

I suspect you're going to see Redskins Park start to open up a bit in the next couple weeks.  For what?  Anybody's guess.  But at least open enough for people to be in the same facility and talk to each other.  That would be a massive first step. 

I DVRd the replay of the 2005 NFL draft a few weeks back, and was watching it earlier.

After Alex smith was taken #1 overall by the 49ers, there was speculation he could still get traded.  The browns were rumored to be interested in trading for Alex smith, and the 49ers would fall back to #3 and take Aaron Rodgers.  Supposedly the deal was mixed when the dolphins passed on braylon Edwards and took Ronnie Brown. The browns liked edwards, so they stayed put at #3 and took him.

What a crazy domino that would have had on the NFL over the last 15 years if the fins took Edwards. 

-Alex smith has a whole new career trajectory. 

-do the browns end their never ending QB carousel?

-No Rodgers / favre feud. 

-Does Rodgers prosper in SF if he is forced into starting right away with Nolan guiding the team?  

-no wildcat!  That was a fun few weeks!!

-does this domino effect lead to Rogers being taken before 9?  Campbell before 25?  The skins would have benefitted from whatever was behind door #2.

Pretty cool to see it unfold after knowing how it all ends up.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:28 PM, bakedtater1 said:

I do watch plenty of football to know that other teams do get screwed by the refs that is correct we are not the only team and I know this is talk for conspiracy theory thread and I'm not trying to argue with you all and trying to sound so biased but everybody knows as well as I do the nation does not want the name Redskins.. 

What nation are you talking about? As far as I know, most polls have shown that a  majority of people are ok with the name. If I’m not mistaken, the last Washington Post poll showed that 90% of Native Americans asked were  proud of the name Redskins.

2 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

What nation are you talking about? As far as I know, most polls have shown that a  majority of people are ok with the name. If I’m not mistaken, the last Washington Post poll showed that 90% of Native Americans asked were  proud of the name Redskins.

Out of all the broadcasters only a couple say there name the rest refer them to the team from Washington..polls schmolls... how about the protesters at the games out in the parking lot at away games.. there's more than enough stuff out there to say that the nation doesn't like the name

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Out of all the broadcasters only a couple say there name the rest refer them to the team from Washington..polls schmolls... how about the protesters at the games out in the parking lot at away games.. there's more than enough stuff out there to say that the nation doesn't like the name

So what is the percentage of the population that protest and how frequently does that happen? What’s the largest group of protesters you’ve ever seen 70 or 80 maybe?  I guess those 1000 native Americans that were polled  by the Post are less real than the 70 or 80 protesters . That’s right, the Washington Post that has tried their best repeatedly to sway public opinion against the name .

The broadcasters are basically media and are nowhere near a sample of the average American. Not only that, I would say at this point there is only one or two announcers that won’t say the name Redskins, someone like Bob Costa maybe. 

Edited by Tarpon75

5 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

So what is the percentage of the population that protest and how frequently does that happen? What’s the largest group of protesters you’ve ever seen 70 or 80 maybe?  I guess those 1000 native Americans that were polled  by the Post are less real than the 70 or 80 protesters . That’s right, the Washington Post that has tried their best repeatedly to sway public opinion against the name .

The broadcasters are basically media and are nowhere near a sample of the average American. Not only that, I would say at this point there is only one or two announcers that won’t say the name Redskins, someone like Bob Costa maybe. 

Broadcasters/media/gets the word out that they(a whole hell of alot more than Bob costa)will not use the name Redskins and people tend to agree with them..a few years back I remember seeing it on nfl.com and profootballtalk and a few other places of alllll these analysts and broadcasters publicly stating they will no longer use the name Redskins and alot of folks followed... but that's way cool 630 Native Americans said that they like the name.

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Broadcasters/media/gets the word out that they(a whole hell of alot more than Bob costa)will not use the name Redskins and people tend to agree with them..a few years back I remember seeing it on nfl.com and profootballtalk and a few other places of alllll these analysts and broadcasters publicly stating they will no longer use the name Redskins and alot of folks followed... but that's way cool 630 Native Americans said that they like the name.

It was a 1000 person poll conducted by the Washington Post, whom we know has an agenda against the name. 90% that would be 900 native Americans were good with the name out of 1000 not 630. Way more than the 60 or 70 protesters that might show up at a random game every 2 or 3 years. That is only one sample, there are  other polls if you care to look them up. 
  Don’t really think that members of the media have their collective fingers on the pulse of the American public on this or most  other issues. By the way, those announcers that you are alluding to are using the name Redskins when calling their games. Tell me which ones aren’t?

Edited by Tarpon75

Interestingly, I have never in my life heard anyone use the term "redskin" in a disparaging way.  I have, however, witnessed some idiots disparagingly call a native American "chief."  Yet, to my knowledge, the Kansas City team receives no protests.

• Like 1