Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Dan Marino's birthday was recently and it reminded me: how did the '85 Patriots manage to get past them, the LA Raiders, and the New York Sack Exchange Jets to go to the Super Bowl in '85. That team had one of the sadder QB controversies in NFL history with Steve Grogan vs. Tony Eason but they went on the road and beat three really good AFC teams only to get their **** rocked by the '85 Bears. Furthermore, we could have had a really good Super Bowl that year with the Dolphins meeting Chicago for a rematch of the one game the latter lost that season. 

But no...we got the Patriots. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Random thought...do you think these two are planning to do this again, but with the roles reversed? Heinicke vouching for Young, since the team would be 0-4 without the former. 

taylor-Heinicke-wild-card-1000x600.jpg

Chase will have to actually make a play first. Still waiting.....

• Sad 1

At this point, with all of the problems we've had and given the state of this country we should just name ourselves the Washington Controversies......The logo could be a dumpster fire with some kind of special paint that makes the flames look like there really is fire coming off the sides of the helmets.

I still can't believe we had sewage falling out of the stadium on to fans. How freakin bad is that? What else can happen with this franchise? 

The leadup to 2027 is going to feed my inner-cynic in the worst way. Despite the unrepentantly wretched play and culture around this team, someone's gonna blink and give them the land for a new stadium that will probably look terrible and will certainly be inaccessible. This round of PR disasters will make it harder but someone's gonna blink - the nostalgia (and graft) will see to it. 

Are there any betting odds for it yet?

On 10/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

I am thinking we need a Daniel Snyder appreciation thread…

I’d like to see Dan Snyder get the appreciation that he deserves. Like the way the mountain men “appreciated” Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’d like to see Dan Snyder get the appreciation that he deserves. You know, like the way the mountain men “appreciated” Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

There is a “they took his pants” and “squeal like a pig” joke in there somewhere! 😂