Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The rivalry with the Cowboys hasn't really been a thing for years now. Our only big regular season game this generation was the 2012 season finale.

I can promise you just about any Dallas fan under the age of 40 doesn't even consider us a rival compared to the Eagles or Giants.

Sadly, I agree. Redskins vs. Cowboys matters to some of us fans, but I suspect even then it is a remnant for those of us who lived through the glory years for both teams. I didn't get to experience George Allen vs. America's Team when things began to get hot, but I did experience Gibbs vs. Landry/Johnson when both teams were damn good.

You need two good teams fighting for something meaningful to have a rivalry. I mean Cleveland vs. Cinci should be a super hot rivalry for the ownership of Ohio, but does anyone care about that at all?

Right now, Cowboys are the king of hype who always fall short of expectations. That's probably been true since at least Romo. The Redskins are simply not a team of consequence except for a few rare flashes. Can Rivera make Washington matter? Can Dak make ESPN's dreams come true? If both can happen, then WFT vs. Dallas will matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Borgold said:

Sadly, I agree. Redskins vs. Cowboys matters to some of us fans, but I suspect even then it is a remnant for those of us who lived through the glory years for both teams. I didn't get to experience George Allen vs. America's Team when things began to get hot, but I did experience Gibbs vs. Landry/Johnson when both teams were damn good.

You need two good teams fighting for something meaningful to have a rivalry. I mean Cleveland vs. Cinci should be a super hot rivalry for the ownership of Ohio, but does anyone care about that at all?

Right now, Cowboys are the king of hype who always fall short of expectations. That's probably been true since at least Romo. The Redskins are simply not a team of consequence except for a few rare flashes. Can Rivera make Washington matter? Can Dak make ESPN's dreams come true? If both can happen, then WFT vs. Dallas will matter.

Dallas hasn't really been a relevant team as far as going deep in the playoffs for a long time. I guess my real question was the whole Cowboys vs Indian thing and how the rivalry will never be the same no matter how good both teams are....Cowboys vs. Redwolves just doesn't have the same ring to it compared to Cowboys vs Redskins. It was one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports and still would be had we kept the name.  I guess time marches on and things change but this one is sad for me. There was nothing like Cowboys vs Redskins as a kid...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Colts now need a QB due to Wentz injury....we have 3 guys who've all shown they can play in the league. Would you deal Kyle Allen for a 3rd? 

In a New York second, but the Colts would never do that for Kyle. That would be marvelous it it were to occur. 

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Dallas hasn't really been a relevant team as far as going deep in the playoffs for a long time. I guess my real question was the whole Cowboys vs Indian thing and how the rivalry will never be the same no matter how good both teams are....Cowboys vs. Redwolves just doesn't have the same ring to it compared to Cowboys vs Redskins. It was one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports and still would be had we kept the name.  I guess time marches on and things change but this one is sad for me. There was nothing like Cowboys vs Redskins as a kid...

I don't think the name has anything to do with it. If the Cowbody and Redwolves found themselves playing in the NFC Championship Game the rivalry will be back big time.  

Had a dream last night that we won the super bowl in a very close game and that our defensive line manhandled the O Line with like 3 minutes left, and then i went to the super bowl parade. 

then i woke up😭 man, i really want to experience a super bowl someday soon. How sweet it would be 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Colts now need a QB due to Wentz injury....we have 3 guys who've all shown they can play in the league. Would you deal Kyle Allen for a 3rd? 

The injury doesn’t seem to be season ending according to what I’ve read.  My guess is they either go with whoever their backup is or find somebody who’s been in the system so they don’t have to learn a new offense quickly.  

That said, I’d literally trade Kyle Allen for a bag of beans. He’s not a long term solution, and even if you get that 5th back for him, that’s fine.

However since he’s third on the depth chart behind Fitz and Taylor, I’m not sure Indy would be looking at him as a potential starter.  

On 7/31/2021 at 10:47 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

then i woke up😭 man, i really want to experience a super bowl someday soon. How sweet it would be 

I went to the Caps and Nats parades. It was amazing. But a WFT parade would be like 100x crazier.

Edited by Warhead36

On 7/31/2021 at 7:45 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't think the name has anything to do with it. If the Cowbody and Redwolves found themselves playing in the NFC Championship Game the rivalry will be back big time.  

You're right but I'm not sure you're getting my point. There is nothing like an old school Cowboys vs Indians rivalry....Yankees-Dodgers, Redskins-Cowboys, Celtics-Lakers, these are the oldest of old school rivalries and now one of them is gone because of our name change. That's all I'm saying....how good of a rivalry can the Cowboys vs. Wolves really be? There's no national appeal as opposed to Cowboys vs. Redskins....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

You're right but I'm not sure you're getting my point. There is nothing like an old school Cowboys vs Indians rivalry....Yankees-Dodgers, Redskins-Cowboys, Celtics-Lakers, these are the oldest of old school rivalries and now one of them is gone because of our name change. That's all I'm saying....how good of a rivalry can the Cowboys vs. Wolves really be? There's no national appeal as opposed to Cowboys vs. Redskins....

I was going to say the same thing as a previous poster, the Yankees rival is the Red Sox and it's been that way for the generations. As for Dallas and Washington again it's just a name and if the Cowboys and the football team met in the NFC championship game the rivalry will be back.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

On 7/28/2021 at 9:19 PM, kingdaddy said:

Does the fact that we are no longer the Redskins put a huge damper, if not an end, to our rivalry with the Cowboys? 

The Cowboys vs Indians battle was such a great thing for all those years....sad, very sad. 

Wolves vs Cowboys just doesn't have the same appeal....I feel so sorry for our kids and so fortunate to have been a child of the 70's. 

One of the main reasons wolves will be extinct in 25 years, is because cattleman kill them to protect their cows, so it's still a battle I suppose. 

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

According to the NFL Network’s mobile app, we were the worst team in the division and still won the NFC in 2021.

Ummm....ok, you’re going to have to explain this to me. That’s our schedule from 2019, So, I’m guessing NFL Networks mobile app just doesn’t have the results from last year and that you meant 2020 instead of 2021? 

12 hours ago, redskinss said:

Slightly off topic but if you put out a national poll on who the Yankees biggest rivals were, I'd bet 95 percent would say the redsox.

What made you say Dodgers?

I think you get my point.....Yankees/RedSox...Yankees/Dodgers...whatever. 

That being said, if you change the Yankees name and call it Wolves vs RedSox how good would that be? How bout Wolves vs. Lakers? The rivalries die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think you get my point.....Yankees/RedSox...Yankees/Dodgers...whatever. 

That being said, if you change the Yankees name and call it Wolves vs RedSox how good would that be? How bout Wolves vs. Lakers? The rivalries die.

No, the rivalry doesn’t die. Just no. Simply no. Rivalry means two teams that hate eachother and have a deep history with eachother. Changing of a name does not impact that. Come the **** on now.....

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, the rivalry doesn’t die. Just no. Simply no. Rivalry means two teams that hate eachother and have a deep history with eachother. Changing of a name does not impact that. Come the **** on now.....

We're gonna find out....I hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

So... If conjoined twins played in the NFL, do they take up one roster spot or two?  And if only one of them is vaccinated, how do they handle COVID protocols...

Just curious

My college coach was a big time high school coach for like 30 years in North Carolina before he moved up to college. One of his high school teams had a set of conjoined twins that made up the right side of their offensive line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ummm....ok, you’re going to have to explain this to me. That’s our schedule from 2019, So, I’m guessing NFL Networks mobile app just doesn’t have the results from last year and that you meant 2020 instead of 2021? 

Bro, it was showing the most recent season wrong. 

smh.... some people just don’t get it.

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My college coach was a big time high school coach for like 30 years in North Carolina before he moved up to college. One of his high school teams had a set of conjoined twins that made up the right side of their offensive line.

I was shocked it wasn't you asking that question first and now I know why.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Rivalries died in the early 90's when FA started. They only exist now when teams routinely meet in playoff games.

5 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Bro, it was showing the most recent season wrong. 

smh.... some people just don’t get it.

I’m still not following. Did it say 2020 season but showed the 2019 schedule instead? There wasn’t anything at the top that indicated that, hence my question/confusion. So maybe leave the rudeness at the door? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That is amazing... I bet there was no shooting that gap!