Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

And since informations limit is the speed of light (except entangled particles...spooky action at a distance) are these galaxies really apart of our universe anymore??...

I guess it’s all relative ; )

I see what you did there.👍:806:

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I see what you did there.👍:806:

:229:The Rook

I got it too.

I was torn between giving the post a laughing emoji or a trophy, because it surely deserved both, I went with the trophy.

Fortunately between the two of us we covered each option.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, newday said:

I watched the tape of last year's playoff game against Tampa Bay. Their O-line held up really well. Our D-line was not able to get much pressure and it's wasn't because Brady was getting rid of the ball quickly. There were moments where someone broke through but in general, Brady had a very clean pocket. They line barely moved on some key passing plays!

Got me wondering if our D-line is really all that great. Matt Miller recently called it the best D-line in football. They seemed undersized compared to Tampa. I'm no expert. Just sharing what I saw. Does anyone who understands football a lot better than I do share their observation on how good our D-line actually is (not how high they were drafted).

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. I think the counter needed was to dial up the blitz - do something radical. I remember Kerrigan or Rak at times totally shut down vs an OT. Yet our DCs wouldn't move our best pass rusher around, at all.  I know I know the thinking is let him run into a brick wall over and over, for he is setting him up for a move later - bleh that never seemed to materialize.

I hope RR tried different tactics, or is open to it this time around.

• Like 1

Baseball is for me an aquired taste best enjoyed as an occasional treat rather than a daily staple.

A game with long contemplative slow zen like periods of nothingness interrupted by brief flashes of excitement and fury then back to a slow meditative almost slow motion energy as we wait for...something.

But every once in a while a completely random and unexpected event occurs that reminds us of the both the absurdity and childlike joy of existence and for one brief moment makes it all worthwhile...

Make sure you watch the video at the end. What an ingenious maneuver. I sure wouldn't be climbing in the tube to pull him out haha. Even the crowd booed when they arrested him.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

The Sports Junkies 22 years ago when they were young, rowdy and fully coiffed (or at least not bald or balding).

Youngsters take this as an absolute lesson: Time eventually erodes everything away.

Carpe diem, while you can.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

Somebody needs to go in on these reporters asking a player if he's be vaccinated. Someone also needs to let these players know to tell them to STFU or simply say next question. That is personal health information and these reporters are out of line with that questioning. Ron should have killed that. He needs to before it becomes an issue. You can't force these guys to get it. And you shouldn't use the media to apply pressure/public opinion on them either. Don't ask, don't ****ing tell.  

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Somebody needs to go in on these reporters asking a player if he's be vaccinated. Someone also needs to let these players know to tell them to STFU or simply say next question. That is personal health information and these reporters are out of line with that questioning. Ron should have killed that. He needs to before it becomes an issue. You can't force these guys to get it. And you shouldn't use the media to apply pressure/public opinion on them either. Don't ask, don't ****ing tell.  Let us not forget the information regarding Montez' apparent heart condition. I wouldn't be a fan either not knowing fully what the side affects and long term ramifications are. Chris (Swaggy) Baker talked about that in an interview with John Keim. So these reporters need to lay the **** off. Unfortunately its already getting run with ESPN. ****ing local reporters **** their own for a goddamn story. I blame Ron for this **** too. 

Edited by joeken24
add

38 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

So what’s up with this site? Any explanation as to why it goes down for days at a time?

According to some posts I’ve seen on Twitter from posters/mods, the team pays the hosting or subscription bill for the site, and simply hadn’t paid for whatever reason. 

I haven’t seen a pinned thread explaining anything. So i guess things may still be in flux? 

14 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

According to some posts I’ve seen on Twitter from posters/mods, the team pays the hosting or subscription bill for the site, and simply hadn’t paid for whatever reason. 

I've seen those mod posts too, but If that was the case shouldn't the site stay down or up rather than flicker?

Can't pay by week/day can you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Damn man, I can't have ES going down like that. It just doesn't feel right. Throws me all off like I'm missing something. Happy Now.

Yup. I was lost for the last three days by not being able to flip back and worth while streaming my shows. Or post about the Nationals who are doing really well lately. It was getting really annoying too. 

• Like 3