Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Coming Thursday Feb. 11th to a Popeye’s near you- THE CAJUN FLOUNDER SAMICH!!!

This is supposed to do for fish sandwiches what their chicken sandwich did for chicken sandwiches.

In Detroit, Los Angeles and Chicago people are already standing in line to be the first to get one. /p

image.png.5f357e6daad7a7839577a68d00b06453.png

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/popeyes-unveils-cajun-flounder-sandwich-after-chicken-sandwich-takes-off-120021429.html

“Next up, fish sandwich wars?

After the massive success of its chicken sandwich, Popeye’s (QSR) is out with a new sandwich menu item, the Cajun Flounder Sandwich.

Beginning Thursday, Feb. 11, it will be available in restaurants and for delivery nationwide for $4.49. The Pacific-water fried fish is “light and flakey and seasoned in a blend of the Louisiana-rooted brand’s Cajun mild and spicy seasoning” — and topped with tartar sauce, according to a tantalizing description provided by the company.”

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2

This is pretty cool video of what they are calling the gutsiest FG in NFL History. Nice build up and brings back memories of some great Washington players from the 1970s. I could not think of anywhere to put this but it's not worth a new thread. Enjoy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I keep looking for Redskins to make some moves in February.  This year they may lay low like they did last year on free agency and let other teams make their moves first.

Since we have more cap room this year I thought they might make some trades but it is real quiet so far.  Even though we got these new guys in the front office

we have had minimal news unlike the Eagles with Wentz moving on.   For example, wish they would resolve what is going to happen with Alex Smith situation too.

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I keep looking for Redskins to make some moves in February.  This year they may lay low like they did last year on free agency and let other teams make their moves first.

Since we have more cap room this year I thought they might make some trades but it is real quiet so far.  Even though we got these new guys in the front office

we have had minimal news unlike the Eagles with Wentz moving on.   For example, wish they would resolve what is going to happen with Alex Smith situation too.

I agree about the Alex Smith situation..I'd like to hear a little something something on that front.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:17 AM, goskins10 said:

This is pretty cool video of what they are calling the gutsiest FG in NFL History. Nice build up and brings back memories of some great Washington players from the 1970s. I could not think of anywhere to put this but it's not worth a new thread. Enjoy! 

MVP!!! lol just him, Theismann and Larry Brown are our only NFL MVPs ever...

Edited by Stefanskins
had to look up Skins MVP
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, TrancesWithWolves said:

Coming Thursday Feb. 11th to a Popeye’s near you- THE CAJUN FLOUNDER SAMICH!!!

This is supposed to do for fish sandwiches what their chicken sandwich did for chicken sandwiches.

In Detroit, Los Angeles and Chicago people are already standing in line to be the first to get one. /p

image.png.5f357e6daad7a7839577a68d00b06453.png

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/popeyes-unveils-cajun-flounder-sandwich-after-chicken-sandwich-takes-off-120021429.html

“Next up, fish sandwich wars?

After the massive success of its chicken sandwich, Popeye’s (QSR) is out with a new sandwich menu item, the Cajun Flounder Sandwich.

Beginning Thursday, Feb. 11, it will be available in restaurants and for delivery nationwide for $4.49. The Pacific-water fried fish is “light and flakey and seasoned in a blend of the Louisiana-rooted brand’s Cajun mild and spicy seasoning” — and topped with tartar sauce, according to a tantalizing description provided by the company.”

That looks pretty good.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, markmills67 said:

Had a thought from over here in England, how about the Washington Redspears, we had the spear Helmet in the 1950's I think, I prefer this more than Redwolves or Redtails that I have heard before and we have had history with the spear. 

Yes, and if we draft Matt Jones we could give him the nickname: “Spearchucker Jones”!

I’m sure no one would object to that. /p

(arcane M*A*S*H reference).  https://mash.fandom.com/wiki/Oliver_Harmon_"Spearchucker"_Jones

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Some guys here knew that actually, since they witnessed it and remember it, but they are too ashamed to admit it, since it would reveal their age 😛

Here's some more trivia...

If you can name everyone in this drawing, then Joe Gibbs would say that you're super smart...

600x200.jpg

Do I get half credit "GMFB" show? Damned it I know their names though.

• Like 1