Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Oh my god. So I recently started listening to JP Finlay, Peter Haley, and Mitchell Tischlers podcast, and decided to listen to older ones from the winning streak last season. and back in early January, one of their podcasts they get into a little story of how they saw a player of ours in an awful steak restaurant the day of an 8:15 Monday night game, at around 5:15 (when players show up at about 4:30 to the stadium) and they said it wasn’t a very beloved player (this was early December 2018). 

I cant for the life of me figure out who it could’ve been.......Trent Williams maybe? is my best guess (cause he’s hated NOW). Other than that...i have  no idea. 

This is what happens when you are a baller.......nothing. I am not saying Von did anything. I'm just saying, I've never ever read this before: 

The nature of the investigation has not been released by the police department.

I will say that if he wasn't charged the right thing to do is to tear the ****ing paper up. Looks like this is what's happening. Great! Otherwise the sorry ass media will spin public opinion. And of course and the sheep will follow and jump on the preverbal soup box. They'd burn him at the stake for something he apparently didn't do.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/district-attorney-will-not-file-charges-against-broncos-de-von-miller

Kudos so far

Here's a heart felt warm story..I took ginger and Ralph out this am..most of you know..I stupidly got on my phone for a minute and they wandered off..I'm hollering for ralph looking like an ass I finally get off my fat ass to look for him and ginger is a few doors down but on the sidewalk but no Ralph so I'm calling for him and ginger comes to me in front of our house and Ralph wont listen so ginger is being a good girl laying there waiting for Ralph still no Ralph so I have to play the let's go see suki card..my parents dog who is ralphs girl friend so Ralph comes running up from the neighbor's back yard and ginger is laying there barking at him..yelling at him to get home..it was amazing..hope yall enjoy your free agency eve sunday!!

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 3

My first impression is the Watson Allegations smell a little fishy. All the allegations are coming from 1 lawyer, all at the same time. At least one of the women requested a payout to keep at least one of the stories out of the public which Watson rejected outright, and made a statement on. The lawyer says there are 9 different woman, in 7 civil cases. So this has been in the works for some time with a high level of coordination, to bring them all simultaneously.

Obviously we need to let all this shake out, looks like he had no idea this was coming. IDK what to think other than, imo it feels like an assassination of his character. May turn out he’s a scumbag, to which he will get his just deserts or it may turn out to be a cash grab and much to do about nothing. I just find it interesting it’s happening now, while he wants out of Houston. Timing could not be worse for him. Hope everyone gets their day in court and the truth is sorted out.

21 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

My first impression is the Watson Allegations smell a little fishy. All the allegations are coming from 1 lawyer, all at the same time. At least one of the women requested a payout to keep at least one of the stories out of the public which Watson rejected outright, and made a statement on. The lawyer says there are 9 different woman, in 7 civil cases. So this has been in the works for some time with a high level of coordination, to bring them all simultaneously.

Obviously we need to let all this shake out, looks like he had no idea this was coming. IDK what to think other than, imo it feels like an assassination of his character. May turn out he’s a scumbag, to which he will get his just deserts or it may turn out to be a cash grab and much to do about nothing. I just find it interesting it’s happening now, while he wants out of Houston. Timing could not be worse for him. Hope everyone gets their day in court and the truth is sorted out.

They were discussing the topic on sports talk radio here in ATL yesterday.  According to their reporting, one or more of the women are neighbors/acquaintances of the Texans' owner, (McNair) and this is more of an effort to hurt his reputation so no other teams want him and he won't be able to force the trade he wants. 

As a woman, I hope their allegations are investigated.  But I'm not a fan of smear campaigns.  A person's life shouldn't be ruined with no proof of wrongdoing. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

They were discussing the topic on sports talk radio here in ATL yesterday.  According to their reporting, one or more of the women are neighbors/acquaintances of the Texans' owner, (McNair) and this is more of an effort to hurt his reputation so no other teams want him and he won't be able to force the trade he wants. 

As a woman, I hope their allegations are investigated.  But I'm not a fan of smear campaigns.  A person's life shouldn't be ruined with no proof of wrongdoing. 

I'm not questioning whether you heard it or not, but common sense makes me question that reporting.  I would seriously doubt that women working at a massage parlor would be neighbors of the owner of an NFL team.  I saw reports that the attorney for the women is McNair's neighbor and, while I have no knowledge of whether it is true or not, it does sound far more probable to me than for the massage therapists to have sufficient income be living in such a neighborhood.

4 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I'm not questioning whether you heard it or not, but common sense makes me question that reporting.  I would seriously doubt that women working at a massage parlor would be neighbors of the owner of an NFL team.  I saw reports that the attorney for the women is McNair's neighbor and, while I have no knowledge of whether it is true or not, it does sound far more probable to me than for the massage therapists to have sufficient income be living in such a neighborhood.

Noted...I guess I may have heard that wrong.  Whoopsie...

Maybe I am a pig of a man, but one of the allegations looked ridiculous - a masseuse claiming he assaulted her multiple times at a massage parlor...I mean, after the first or even second incident, neither the establishment nor the masseuse refuses to allow him to patronize the place? Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

That’s Crazy...I haven’t read a lot into it, but nothing would shock me these days. All the sudden he’s got over 10 lawsuits?, I’m all for justice and if he is that level of  jerk than so be it.  The whole thing Just doesn’t feel on the up and up. We’ll see soon I guess. I’m definitely not saying I don’t believe the women, but as of now consider me a little skeptical until I hear more. 

As far as massage therapists’ income, it can actually be a very profitable career. Especially if treating high profile clients. And a lot of people have spouses too, who may also earn a good income.

So I wouldn’t dismiss anything based on those stereotypes.

I would hope the 13 women aren’t making this stuff up. That would be just as heinous as the acts he’s been accused of.

The timing of all this is strange though. Due process though.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:26 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh my god. So I recently started listening to JP Finlay, Peter Haley, and Mitchell Tischlers podcast, and decided to listen to older ones from the winning streak last season. and back in early January, one of their podcasts they get into a little story of how they saw a player of ours in an awful steak restaurant the day of an 8:15 Monday night game, at around 5:15 (when players show up at about 4:30 to the stadium) and they said it wasn’t a very beloved player (this was early December 2018). 

I cant for the life of me figure out who it could’ve been.......Trent Williams maybe? is my best guess (cause he’s hated NOW). Other than that...i have  no idea. 

Yeah I remember hearing the same thing, wish I knew who it was also. My guess was Zach Brown lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Yeah I remember hearing the same thing, wish I knew who it was also. My guess was Zach Brown lol

Oh wow, yeah Zach Brown, that’s a great guess actually! Most here didn’t like him at all by that point in his tenure here, so that would make sense. 

• Like 1