Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Pro Football Focus has us 7th in their power rankings. Pretty crazy. We jumped all the way up from 15. I'd still put us down in the 10-12 ish category, three games is just a very small sample size, but so far our 2-1 is quite impressive since every team we played is also 2-1. Its not like we beat the Browns and Jets.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:28 PM, RandyHolt said:

Good luck to @Koolblue13 and everyone else in the path of Maria, which is 1 of the 10 strongest Atlantic storms ever recorded... with a very rapid intensity spike up to Cat5.  USVI is in the dreaded right front quadrant and will likely get clipped by the eye. San Juan Puerto Rico is set to take the direct full eye shortly after landfall. Hopefully it rapidly loses strength at landfall.

maria-goes16-intensify.gif&key=d04903bd4

Thanks buddy. I crossed about 10 miles or less south of my house. Worst case scenario. I flooded. House was screwed up, but we are alive. Very shaken up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks buddy. I crossed about 10 miles or less south of my house. Worst case scenario. I flooded. House was screwed up, but we are alive. Very shaken up.

Yeah south side is worst case.

This was one of those rare instances where "no news is good news" did not apply, as we waited to hear back from you.

But alive indeed is all that matters.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Yeah south side is worst case.

This was one of those rare instances where "no news is good news" did not apply, as we waited to hear back from you.

But alive indeed is all that matters.

I'll check in again, in a few days. Gotta head home now for curfew. 

If you wouldn't mind. Tag me in something about how the team looks. I've got nothing.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'll check in again, in a few days. Gotta head home now for curfew. 

If you wouldn't mind. Tag me in something about how the team looks. I've got nothing.

Tagging you in future stuff - sure thing. The old stuff is easy, as this was literally close to the best we have looked in a long time. Defense dominant, and Kirk player of the week. The main place to catch-up would be in the POST Game assessment thread, but also look at the DL thread.

Try to catch some DL and pass coverage gifs. Mark Bullock on Twitter had a lot on Monday. He is awesome and is still posting great stuff today. https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Random:

This Su'a "retirement" reminds me of the RG 5th year option contract fiasco; both situations were media headaches, but ended up being huge blessings in disguise.

-Due to the option being signed, RG was guaranteed the extra year if he was injured during the 2015 season. Well, our FO/coach was so against that possibility that he was benched for the whole season and Cousins was unintentionally given the starting QB job with no competition and given a real chance to prove himself, which essentially ended the QB controversy circus.

-We all questioned Su'a at starting SS ("minimal experience, slow, hasn't shown much, soft..."), but we remained offseason-optimistic like good Redskins fans do. I, like many, thought he should be eased into the role and that Deshazor should get the starting role as he had experience and showed improvement in every game that he played last year. Well, within a couple of weeks Su'a "retired" and Deshazor got hurt, so we were forced to play a 4th round rookie... A possible stud who wouldn't have touched the field other than on STs, like Moreau's dealing with now. I'm not going to crown him quite yet, but my god he just looks natural out there.

1 hour ago, Bigmuss1 said:

A lot of folks are talking about how awesome the 25K stadium is out in LA for chargers games.  Hardly any away fans and no bad seats in the house!!!  Can Dan take a page from this with new stadium????

Uhhhm...what? There is nothing BUT away fans at Chargers games. For their game against the Chiefs, they didn't even have the team come out of the tunnel to the typical pregame hysteria for fear of them getting booed by all the visiting Chiefs fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Uhhhm...what? There is nothing BUT away fans at Chargers games. For their game against the Chiefs, they didn't even have the team come out of the tunnel to the typical pregame hysteria for fear of them getting booed by all the visiting Chiefs fans.

We are not the San Diego...I mean LA Chargers who just moved cities.  My point was a smaller stadium would eliminate the droves of away fans at our game.  Not 25K but 50K would be nice. 

8 hours ago, redskinss said:

Now that its allowed again we need to find a way to get the team to do the fun bunch high five on a touchdown. 

I would have probably teared up Sunday night had they done it. 

Totally agree.  I teared up as it was,  the pride for both sides of the ball hit the feels. 

If a fun bunch jump happens, my husband would just go ahead and declare me crazy. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 4:25 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Glad you are physically intact. Flooding is the worst. The mental impact is as bad or worse than the physical impact. Don't get overwhelmed, make a priority list and don't spread yourself thin. Hydrate, take some mental timeouts and breath, this to shall pass. Hug often, curse inside. 

At times I didn't do so well during the last two weeks. Seems I still think I have the abilities of a 30 yr. old, but the stamina of well, my age. 

I take no solace from lucking out with Irma. We took the eye, but somehow it went from a 5 to a 4 to a 3 by the time it reached us and stayed inland slightly, back side fell apart. That inland move likely saved us from just damaging to catastrophic damage. We would have been flooded for sure. 

We only suffered fencing, tree and some shingle damage. I feel incredibly lucky. 9 days without electric is a cake walk compared to what the people in the Islands are facing right now. Know that my thoughts are with you at this time, when you feel weak and storm weary know that you have friends spirits guiding you and if you need to talk you can always PM me or I am sure others. 

• Like 5

The NFL needs to rethink how they broadcast their damn games. For example...

1. As a DC/Virginia resident, I don’t want to see the damn Ravens all the time. They are a boring team and their games are almost always boring so I tend to not even tune in. Instead put on a better match up that week and more people would tune in.

2. Unless it conflicts with the Skins, they should consider showing an NFC East game instead of something else. I have way more interest in the Giants/Eagles/Cowboys then watching the Raiders/Oakland.

So basically stop force feeding us the **** that is Baltimore and secondly show divisional opponents.

• Like 2

people keep saying our schedule is hard.  Viks/Cards/Seahawks/Chargers all blow.  

1 hour ago, dyst said:

1. As a DC/Virginia resident, I don’t want to see the damn Ravens all the time. They are a boring team and their games are almost always boring so I tend to not even tune in. Instead put on a better match up that week and more people would tune in.

2. Unless it conflicts with the Skins, they should consider showing an NFC East game instead of something else. I have way more interest in the Giants/Eagles/Cowboys then watching the Raiders/Oakland.

So basically stop force feeding us the **** that is Baltimore and secondly show divisional opponents.

Are you kidding me?  All they show here are NFC east matchups.  The ravens are the CBS team in this region.  

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Are you kidding me?  All they show here are NFC east matchups.  The ravens are the CBS team in this region.  

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Fox has to show the 'Skins, and then if they have the double-header, we get the "Game of the Week."  

CBS shows Ravens in this area because they are the "local" AFC team.  At least by geography.

I completely agree, the Ravens bore the snot out of me.  I wonder how well those AFC games do.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Well so far McVay is looking every bit the boy wonder they labeled him as. Sigh.

Should be a sigh of contentment. Always nice to see your young'uns move on and succeed. As long as they're mindful of who their Daddy is...right Jay?

BTW, anyone else think Chris Collinsworth drinks before he goes on? Maybe during his time on?

Edited by Long n Left

Eagles 3-1

Rams 3-1

Raiders 2-2

Makes you feel pretty good against the Redskins 2-1 record so far. I wonder if "we" figured out the Eagles. They looked almost as bad against the Broncos as they did against us. Before us, they were tearing apart the league.

How long has it been since the Redskins "figured out" a team, leading to a blueprint others copied?