Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I thought that first FG miss by Hopkins was worth a 2nd look, and possibly good on first viewing. Via Chris Russell I read Jay is saying he thought the kick was good. 

I actually was thinking the same thing.  I thought if the ball goes over the upright, it is considered good.  I am not sure if it depends on how much of the ball goes over it or not, but I swear I have seen kicks like that be called good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I actually was thinking the same thing.  I thought if the ball goes over the upright, it is considered good.  I am not sure if it depends on how much of the ball goes over it or not, but I swear I have seen kicks like that be called good.

I think so too, maybe the officials are forced to guess.  It must hurt their necks looking straight up like that. Maybe how it is called, depends on where exactly that one official is standing. If he is wide of the post looking up, that kick would look good.  I presume they stand just behind it. Either way, it is far from conclusive. Russell's replay ft. the glowing glass doors, partly obscuring the ball in flight. 

I am glad to hear Jay said something. I was just being a homer thinking it was good because I have Hops on my fantasy team. 

Edited by RandyHolt

Maybe it's just the lack of sleep but I'm sitting in front of my computer looking over the Cowboy's last 5 games and it's conceivable they could not win a single game the rest of the way. 

Opposition includes Minnesota, the Giants, Eagles, Tampa, and the Lions. All 5 teams are in the playoff mix or hovering around .500. It could happen!!

• Like 2

Did the league discontinue the probable injury designation, just to **** with edit Belly and his obsession with listing Brady. Tom as Shoulder, probable?  My fantasy team is questionable, and that even before I can get my micro meddling hands on it. 

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Did the league discontinue the probable injury designation, just to **** with Brady and his obsession with listing Brady. Tom as Shoulder, probable?  My fantasy team is questionable, and that even before I can get my micro meddling hands on it. 

LOL...hubby & I were watching the Caps game last night, and they said "so&so has an upper body injury"...and I looked at my husband & said "That means his left pinkie toe hurts...hockey has the lock on hiding real injuries"...and he almost fell out laughing, because he knows that hockey players probably sit in the ice the longest, and they can take it. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

LOL...hubby & I were watching the Caps game last night, and they said "so&so has an upper body injury"...and I looked at my husband & said "That means his left pinkie toe hurts...hockey has the lock on hiding real injuries"...and he almost fell out laughing, because he knows that hockey players probably sit in the ice the longest, and they can take it. 

We are big caps fans here too, and saw Nisky was out injured for the 3rd. Yep, hockey hides injuries like no other sport.  With their lame duck designation of upper or lower, why even bother?  I wonder if it is the leagues way of trying to hide concussions. Even if all saw someone got hit in the head hard, they still don't have to say the dreaded C word "concussion".  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stefanskins said:

why don't we use more quick slants? Especially in the RZ. We have some big bodies (VD,JR,MH,PG) and we have some jitterbugs (JC, DJ). We did it last year to great success.

Especially out of trips RT/LF. That outside in guy running the slant damn near impossible to cover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

Especially out of trips RT/LF. That outside in guy running the slant damn near impossible to cover. 

exactly!!! like Gibbs use to do...i'd also use more counter trey..and counter trey play action...maybe a flea flicker every now n' then...shovel passes on a counter trey to Crowder or the running back...maybe even Reed or DJax..could be devastating..

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

exactly!!! like Gibbs use to do...i'd also use more counter trey..and counter trey play action...maybe a flea flicker every now n' then...shovel passes on a counter trey to Crowder or the running back...maybe even Reed or DJax..could be devastating..

That would be nice. But I think sometimes we outsmart ourselves. That play we did with Santana in the RZ was always money!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 5:11 AM, ixcuincle said:

Maybe it's just the lack of sleep but I'm sitting in front of my computer looking over the Cowboy's last 5 games and it's conceivable they could not win a single game the rest of the way. 

Opposition includes Minnesota, the Giants, Eagles, Tampa, and the Lions. All 5 teams are in the playoff mix or hovering around .500. It could happen!!

They will win 3 or 4, they're not going to run the table.  IF they run the table, that will be very impressive.  15-1 with 15 straight, I don't think anybody has ever done anything like that.  Most of the (rare) 15-1 teams have had a winning streak going until at least mid-season, then get caught napping somewhere. 

On 11/26/2016 at 5:11 AM, ixcuincle said:

The Cowboys are a machine.  This season they just outclass teams, they play 60 full minutes and never shoot themselves in the foot.  0% chance they lose every game .  I can see them finishing 15-1.  No doubt about it.  Dak Prescott IMO is Tom Brady all over again.

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

The Cowboys are a machine.  This season they just outclass teams, they play 60 full minutes and never shoot themselves in the foot.  0% chance they lose every game .  I can see them finishing 15-1.  No doubt about it.  Dak Prescott IMO is Tom Brady all over again.

WE DO NOT SPEAK THIS WAY.  Dial it back a notch or a thousand. 

We're Dauntless.  Have you seen our QB?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

for those complaining about time management, the patriots managed the time horrible with 1 timeout.  

Its not exclusive to Gruden, most coaches are terrible with clock management. 

Gruden appears to be among the worst though since it seems that he botches it at every opportunity 

• Like 1