Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How good of a driver are you?

Sebowski

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think I am a pretty good driver. The most over the speed limit I go is usually around 5 mph. I don't tailgate people and never cut anyone off on purpose. I never really use my turn signals though unless someone is right up on my bumper. But if they are far back, I don't use them.

im a great driver...to anyone who claims to be the best on the road is B.S..driving has a limitation. I think if your License is clean. Your a good driver. And about the woman driving thing, i agree., but not many are bad driver. In fact, my mom is a great driver. Idk where she learned it from cause she was born in Brazil, and at that time im pretty sure horses were the typical option to get around.

I gave myself an excellent. Although I'm convinced I'm the best I've ever seen, I am realistic enough to allow for a few people I've never met here and there. Definitely top 10 in the nation.

I am a good driver meaning I am good at driving, not that I follow all the rules. I treat other drivers like I would like to be treated. If somebody's flying up behind me, even if I'm doing 12 over, I'll move to the right. I actually go when the turn signal is green instead of meandering along like a douchebag, not caring if only 2 people get through the light.

Why should speed affect how good a driver you are?

Honestly if you are a great driver, you should be able to speed and it not harm your driving ability...

Personally I feel that I'm a great driver... I just think that speed limits are too low in some places... I get up to the speed limit.. um... quickly... And I usually pass 10 cars for every car that passes me on the highway...

I'm a driver, I'm a winner.

Things are gonna change I can feel it.

But yea, I put myself as "very good" just because I have my moments of speeding and agression in my commute. I just don't deal well with people who drive slow in the left lane (especially before they pull into the left turn lane...that irks me because they have an entire decelleration lane...it shouldn't be the actual left lane), or those that ride out a lane that ends to the bitter end...without using their blinker and expect to let you in. Sorry, you don't have your turn signal on, you can stay on the shoulder and I hope you get pulled over for that. And I don't deal well with those that pull out in front of me while I'm coasting at the speed limit and they didn't atleast have the courtesy to punch their pedal to get up to speed, or those that try to collapse the space I have between me and the car in front of me. I give myself that space for a reason, *******!

Anyways, when someone else is in the car, I'm usually much more defensive and passive.

Honestly if you are a great driver, you should be able to speed and it not harm your driving ability...

I agree. I always get sad when I see those signs that say, "Speed KILLS!" No, running into **** kills. Speed only affects how bad the crash will be when your idiot ass runs into something.

I made Ricky Bobby my *****

You're a homosexual French Formula 1 driver? I knew it.

Turn signal, 99.5% of the time. Speed limit, I'm usually 5-10 mph over, sometimes a little more. Does that count against me?

That's exactly how I do it. I rated myself "excellent". All the people not named Lewis Hamilton who rated themselves the best are L-Y-I-N-G. Sebowski, I hope you didn't think you'd get a real result from that poll. BM is right; it's shocking it's only split evenly between "I rule above all others" and "I'm really good at it".

Anyone who uses a cell phone while driving is a bad driver. Women especially become VERY oblivious to everything else going on around them on the road when they're on their cell phone. There's more to driving than just staying within the lines and not ramming your car into another car or tree.

I think you need to define good driving. Speed to me has little to do with good driving. It is better to be aware of your differential speed (your speed relative to other drivers). To me good driving is being aware of everything on the road, even the crappy drivers, so that if something happens you are prepared and can avoid a collision. Safety is the determining factor.

I think you need to define good driving. Speed to me has little to do with good driving. It is better to be aware of your differential speed (your speed relative to other drivers). To me good driving is being aware of everything on the road, even the crappy drivers, so that if something happens you are prepared and can avoid a collision. Safety is the determining factor.
Amen, keeping aware of what's around you, passing you or being passed by you, and what the road is like ahead, is the key.

I consider myself a very good driver. I've only had 1 accident in my driving history and I've been driving(legally..lol) since the age of 16 and only 1 or 2 tickets...1 parking and 1 speeding and 1 warning for expired tags (:doh: I totally forgot they were due)

False, false, false. Speed has everything to do with good driving. Driving too slow is just as dangerous as driving ridiculously fast. People who drive 50 mph on the goddamned highway should be shot.

Amen, keeping aware of what's around you, passing you or being passed by you, and what the road is like ahead, is the key.

One thing that driving in these snowstorms out here has done is to make me a better driver overall,(using the term as China described it). As for speed,it can work both ways. Too slow,a driver can be a hindrance and a bit of a danger at times. Going too fast can be a bit subjective and relative to those around you. Faster you go effects reaction time and that can be dangerous as well.

Turn signal, 99.5% of the time. Speed limit, I'm usually 5-10 mph over, sometimes a little more. Does that count against me?

Per the speed limit comment. No, that doesn't count against you. In fact, you're better for doing that imo. Especially on the highway. But if you only do 5-10 in the fast lane, then you're a TERRIBLE driver.:silly:

I voted very good in recognition of the occasional boneheaded move and that I do drive too fast. Otherwise I'd be a contender for the title. ;)

Yeah, but you drive a douche car.:D

Anyone who uses a cell phone while driving is a bad driver. Women especially become VERY oblivious to everything else going on around them on the road when they're on their cell phone. There's more to driving than just staying within the lines and not ramming your car into another car or tree.

this

Per the speed limit comment. No, that doesn't count against you. In fact, you're better for doing that imo. Especially on the highway. But if you only do 5-10 in the fast lane, then you're a TERRIBLE driver.:silly:

Dunno about skinsfan1215, but I only use the left lane to pass unless everybody in the right lane is ridiculously slow that day.

My fiance complains that I'm a terrible driver. His complaints are that I drive too fast, stop too fast, make too many U-turns, parallel park like crap, occasionally hit a curb, and frequently get too close to the rear of the car ahead of me.

Fortunately, he is still oblivious to the fact that this all part of my ongoing effort to make him scared ****less for his life when I drive so that anytime we go anywhere together he will ALWAYS insist on driving. I'm allllllllmost there...and I'm extremely confident I can reach my lifelong goal of never having to drive myself anywhere ever again before our wedding. :thumbsup:

Archived