Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How good of a driver are you?

Sebowski

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Everyone I know thinks they are terrific drivers, yet everyone that shares the road with me every day are terrible drivers. Something has to give.

So let's hear it. Are you a good driver?

BTW,

If you answered good or above but never use your turn signal, or just slap it on right when you are turning, you are a stinking liar and a bad driver and I hate you.

if any guy says ANYTHING but the best I will be shocked!!

Nah man, I know Im not a great driver. I get lazy sometimes and slow down unconciously, or Ill stare at something on the side of the road if it perplexes me or has large endowments. I am easily not the best driver. I am a defensive driver though and will yield right of way to an angry driver trying to get by (im not one of those jerk offs that speeds up only because you realize someone is trying to pass you), I will slow down and look if road signs are up, I even come to a complete stop and always use a blinker. Its the little things with me that I slack on every once in a while though, and every once in a while I catch myself being a bad driver (not using my hands free if its just for a second, ect) and I try to make up for it.

Now my dad is a really good driver. Does everything by the rule, unless he is trying to be efficient, then he may speed some.

being a good driver is all about confidence and asserting yourself as the most dominant force on the road. at least thats how i drive

Known on the East Coast as "offensive driving." How I learned when driving the streets of DC,Shirley Highway,(known at the time as the world's biggest parking lot),and the rest of the roads out there. Though good driving and driving that way are more often than not, exclusive of each other.

I'd probably say above average to good. I think I would have to know more about the conditions you are talking about. I'm very cautious in the moutains, but reasonably comfortable on snow and ice. I'm a quick driver versus a fast driver. Haven't been in an accident in about twenty years and have avoided more accidents than there are stars in the heavens. I am pretty good at anticipating what the drivers around me are about to do and so can compensate for their stupidity.

Would I win a Nascar race... well, certainly not in my car, but I would use gas far more efficiently than they do.

Speed limit, I'm usually 5-10 mph over, sometimes a little more. Does that count against me?

As long as you don't drive in the fast lane of the Beltway, it's doesn't count against you.

60-65 is for the slow lanes and is only acceptable in the fast lane when nobody is around you.

What makes me a good driver is I have common courtesy and I'm safe. I'm not the guy who cuts you off becuase he thinks he's the only one in the world and we should all let him in first. I'm not the guy who drives on the side of the road in order to cheat ahead of 30 cars waiting to get off the offramp.

I'm not the guy flys past another car with his signal on waiting for traffic to clear on the freeway to get ahead of everyone else.

No tickets, no accidents, clean record and low insurance= good driver!

Everyone I know thinks they are terrific drivers, yet everyone that shares the road with me every day are terrible drivers. Something has to give.

So let's hear it. Are you a good driver?

What do you mean by "good driver?" do you mean good driver with respects to your ability to maneuver a car, or are you talkin more along the lines of followin rules and being safe (But not so safe that you just drive 5 mph all the time)? like the guys in fast and furious, dependin on what you mean, they can be considered good drivers or bad drivers.

I am a very good driver. The way I explain it is this: I got my license at 16 yrs. old in MD and shortly there after moved out to San Diego, that is where I began my real driving experience. 2 years there, 2 years in and around Los Angeles and 3 years in Las Vegas completed my west coast driving lessons and now driving anywhere but around NY or Boston on the east coast drives me freakin nuts! Most east coast drivers are morons!

I drive a little faster than most but not as fast as some, I always use my turn signals, though sometimes it is at the last possible second. I dont need t be first but you had better be driving as fast or faster than me if you dont want to move over and when I use the "slow" lane to pass you in the "fast" lane you speeding up only makes me more determined to pass you ( my car will do 110 mph and I will use every bit of it to pass you ***hole).

Archived