Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How good of a driver are you?

Sebowski

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My fiance complains that I'm a terrible driver.

His complaints are that I drive too fast, stop too fast, make too many U-turns, parallel park like crap, occasionally hit a curb, and frequently get too close to the rear of the car ahead of me.

Fortunately, he is still oblivious to the fact that this all part of my ongoing effort to make him scared ****less for his life when I drive, therefore ALWAYS insist on driving whenever we go anywhere. I'm allllllllmost there...and I'm extremely confident I can reach my lifelong goal of never having to drive myself anywhere ever again before our wedding. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the Y-chromosome already should make him insist on driving places.

**** all you!

i learned how to drive in this type of traffic; with a stick shift no less

So you learned to drive in a foreign country? lol

Next time at least attempt to find a traffic jam in an American city...it makes your claim more believable ya ding dong!

So you learned to drive in a foreign country? lol

Next time at least attempt to find a traffic jam in an American city...it makes your claim more believable ya ding dong!

I grew up in Pakistan so yeah I'm not claiming anything. That picture was taken in Lahore.

I gots me three pedals, too. Big, fat, hairy deal.

thats cool but all's im sayin' is that learning to drive in that type of traffic with a stick shift at the age of 15 makes me THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME :silly:

This was my learning car :D

25960021_1.jpg

997 CC's of deadliness lol

I'm the best the world has ever seen, clearly.

I've driven from coast to coast several times, once from new london connecticut to san diego, non-stop in 52 hours. I did 180K miles on my acura, 60K on my wrx, and now another 60K on my m3 all in the span of 10 years. Never been in a wreck, never caused a wreck, never even had a fender bender in my entire life.

My only insurance claim EVER was when I was in the military my car was hit on base while parked.

I've driven drunk, high, stoned, you name it... always home safe with no scratches on the car.

I rarely exceed the posted speed limit, and the only ticket I've ever received besides a few cheesy speeding tickets is a red-light camera (they are all over phoenix now) on the only blind curve in the entire county:doh:.

Yep, I'm God-like behind the wheel.

Everyone I know thinks they are terrific drivers, yet everyone that shares the road with me every day are terrible drivers. Something has to give.

So let's hear it. Are you a good driver?

BTW,

If you answered good or above but never use your turn signal, or just slap it on right when you are turning, you are a stinking liar and a bad driver and I hate you.

I agree folks ought to use their signals. But if this is your main complaint about other drivers, chances are you are one of these people who rides people's asses and tries to pass people in the turn lane before it even starts and then you nearly cause an accident when they assume nobody in their right mind would be driving in their blind spot like that, not to mention accelerating into an intersection. If this is the case, it is your impatience that is dangerous-to a much higher degree than the folks who forget to signal.

If you were a safe (good) driver, people forgetting to signal would not be a huge problem because you would already have that margin of error built into the space you leave between yourself and the car in front of you.

I agree folks ought to use their signals. But if this is your main complaint about other drivers, chances are you are one of these people who rides people's asses and tries to pass people in the turn lane before it even starts and then you nearly cause an accident when they assume nobody in their right mind would be driving in their blind spot like that, not to mention accelerating into an intersection. If this is the case, it is your impatience that is dangerous-to a much higher degree than the folks who forget to signal.

If you were a safe (good) driver, people forgetting to signal would not be a huge problem because you would already have that margin of error built into the space you leave between yourself and the car in front of you.

People don't forget to signal, they are either too lazy or stupid to do it. TO THOSE WHO DO NOT SIGNAL: We cannot read your minds. Have a nice day. :)

That picture was taken in Lahore.

Awesome name for a city. Ranks right up there with Bangkok!

thats cool but all's im sayin' is that learning to drive in that type of traffic with a stick shift at the age of 15 makes me THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME :silly:

Actually that is a good point. I don't understand why so many people have such a hard time with driving here in the U.S. when most goobers only have two pedals: the go pedal and the stop pedal. How is that difficult? :mad:

Another thing that bugs me is when im following a car in the left lane that isn't going fast. And then some douchebag comes up behind you, and gets almost at your bumper before getting over into the right lane to go around you. Can't stand idiots like this. I usually will either tap my brakes (and I usually don't do this) or drift over towards the right lane a little. That, or I just slow down. This isn't Talladega Speedway you douchebag. There's no need to draft right up to a person's bumper to go around.

Some guy was driving 45 in the right lane on 66 today. So I was behind him and had to take my exit, so I said **** it I'll get into the exit lane a little early. I get into the lane and proceed to speed past him. I didn't cut him off, he had plenty of time to switch into the exit lane if he had to. Sure enough he takes the exit too and proceeds to get on my ass on the exit ramp flashing his high beam, honking and flipping me off. Now I really don't get pissed off easy, so I just sit there laughing and give him a thumbs up. Well now he starts yelling at me, and sure enough I can't hear a ****ing word he's saying. Well about a mile and a half down the road I hit a stop light to take my left turn. Sure enough the idiot in front of me has a yield on green and can easily make the turn. But he is just sitting at the line, not even in the intersection. So I gave him a friendly honk, just trying to get his attention to wake up. At this point that same guy is STILL behind me and starts flashing his beams again and flipping me off. So now I'm scared this guy is following me home. I decide to lead him on a bit of a wild goose chase just to make sure and he finally gives up and turns. So yeah, I can be an ******* while driving. Which I already admitted to in my post.

One more moron thinks it would be a good idea to enter a 65 mph highway at 45 mph I am gonna lose it. The only POS worse than you is the idiot who thinks it's ok to come to a complete stop in the merge lane.

/rant

Some Asian lady almost killed me on I-80 by going about 25-30 mph slower in the merge lane. And here, the merge lane 'yields' to the highway traffic.

She was going so slow, the enormous tractor trailer coming behind me was unable to slow down, so I just stayed and STOPPED in the merge lane--to avoid being destroyed from behind by a truck that seemed unable and/or unwilling to compensate for the surprisingly slow vehicle that was about to merge.

I was able to get over and get up to speed but it was just pure evil of this dumb broad and then it almost happened to me again, the difference being the truck was much farther back.

If something had happened to me, it would have been blamed on me, rather than the moron who thinks it's A-OK to have other people pancaked on the road so long as that moron is going at a 'comfortable' speed.

The thing that's hilarious to me about Iowa is how slow everyone is and how they think it's just peachy to NOT USE THEIR SIGNALS, even while executing quick cut-them-off type lane changes. It's absurd how you can have people going below speed limit and performing turns at flippin' glacial speeds and then don't understand why the person behind them is gesturing wildly.

Seriously, moron, MAKE THE ____ turn, you're in a compact, you're not going to tip over by punching it to 15.

I can't believe how much worse I have road rage here than in Seattle. At least in Seattle I was usually under the impression that people were going the limit (or more) and trying to get somewhere. They also used their signals, especially on the highway. (except for newer model BMW drivers)

I say that the best drivers aren't the ones who drives fast, makes nice turns, and parks good(I can do all three.) I think the best drivers are the ones who avoids accidents form other idiot drivers,(almost four years no accidents), who follows the law, (four years no tickets), and who could spot the police (I am not even going to lie them ****s are driving in Avalanches now, how the hell can I compete with that , lol. Only thing I can do is slow down when I see ANY Chevy or Ford)

Wait, you have to have a Y chromosome to be a good driver??? My X's stand for eXcellent driver, you know, when I'm not busy texting.

no, what I'm saying is that the Y chromosome makes one insist on driving. never said anything about how well one drives (though now that you brought it up... :))

I'm pretty good with turn signals, and I don't usually block people from merging unless they tried to speed past everyone on the shoulder, etc.

My one major failing is that I drive at one speed, which is about 55 mph, regardless of where I am. On the highway, it drives my wife insane because she wants me to drive faster. In residential areas, it scares the **** out of her and she thinks I'm going to plow through a group of schoolchildren or nuns or something.

What can I say, I feel comfortable at that speed. I took the middle option of the five.

oh and one more thing.....

When I put my turn signal on that is not a polite "may I come over" I am telling you in no uncertain terms that the spot in front of you and behind that vehicle you were 10 car lengths behind until I turned on my blinker is now mine! End of discussion and no amount of you trying to close the gap is going to stop me :silly: Deal with it and if you cant I can show you where to put that finger you are so fond of waving at me :chair:

Archived