Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Creepy

Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!

• 1 month later...

Watch to the end:

Not sure if anyone here would admit being willing to go to it

I want to do it. My wife isn't on board. May have to go out there on a vacation and send her to the spa while I get the crap scared out of me. The problem with me is I don't scare easily, so this is something I am very interested in.

• 1 month later...

Sex Dolls That Talk Back

This is the fifth episode in a Bits video series, called Robotica, examining how robots are poised to change the way we do business and conduct our daily lives.

Matt McMullen has proved that some people are willing to spend thousands on sex dolls.

Mr. McMullen, the creator of the RealDoll, says he has sold over 5,000 customizable, life-size dolls since 1996, with prices from $5,000 to $10,000. Not only can his customers decide on body type and skin, hair and eye color, but on a recent day in the company’s factory in San Marcos, Calif., a craftsman was even furnishing one doll with custom-ordered toes.

Mr. McMullen’s new project, which he is calling Realbotix, is an attempt to animate the doll. He has assembled a small team that includes engineers who have worked for Hanson Robotics, a robotics lab that produces shockingly lifelike humanoid robots.

Mr. McMullen is first focusing on developing convincing artificial intelligence, and a robotic head that can blink and open and close its mouth. He’s also working to integrate other emerging technologies, like a mobile app that acts like a virtual assistant and companion, and virtual reality headsets that can be used separately or in tandem with the physical doll.

One of the challenges that Mr. McMullen will have to contend with is the so-called uncanny valley. It is a concept first written about in 1970 by a Japanese researcher, that says people’s responses to robots will shift sharply from empathy to revulsion the more closely the robots resemble humans. In other words, something robotic that looks alive, but is not completely convincing, will creep people out.

Click on the link for the full article and video

ht_tuna_crab_03_lb_150612_16x9_992.jpg

https://gma.yahoo.com/tuna-crabs-invade-san-diego-beaches-thousands-185916850--abc-news-topstories.html

Tuna Crabs Invade San Diego Beaches by the Thousands

Thousands of tuna crabs have invaded the beaches of San Diego Bay.

The thumb-sized crustaceans started washing ashore further up the California coast earlier this year, but turned up this week in San Diego in unusually larger numbers, officials said.

They’ve washed ashore periodically over the years because of any number of natural effects, but research scientist Michael Shane of the Hubbs SeaWorld Research Institute in San Diego cited El Nino as the phenomenon that might have pushed the crabs up from their normal habitat far offshore.

The result is certain death and nothing can be done to save the crabs.

Youtube of the post earlier.  

Conspiracy theorists,(Harp...Haarp ones especially),are all over this one.  jaybrant posted what's probably really up,but weird anyway. 

independenceDay.gif

:P

Arkansas teen pulls 4-inch centipede out of ear after waking up in agony

An Arkansas teen suffering from severe earache was left stunned when he pulled out a 4-inch centipede.

Grant Botti woke up at his Saline County home on Tuesday morning with an excruciating pain in one of his ears, reports KATV.

The 14-year-old then felt something wriggling around.

ear2n-2-web.jpg

He grabbed hold of the mystery intruder's tail and slowly drew it out — and was shocked to come face-to-face with the ugly arthropod.

His mom Angela put the still-alive critter into a plastic bag.

She then took her son, who was still in pain, to Saline Memorial Hospital.

Click on the link for the full article

The GOP and their fascination with controlling women's bodies.  This is seriously creepy.

Arkansas teen pulls 4-inch centipede out of ear after waking up in agony

An Arkansas teen suffering from severe earache was left stunned when he pulled out a 4-inch centipede.

Grant Botti woke up at his Saline County home on Tuesday morning with an excruciating pain in one of his ears, reports KATV.

The 14-year-old then felt something wriggling around.

He grabbed hold of the mystery intruder's tail and slowly drew it out — and was shocked to come face-to-face with the ugly arthropod.

His mom Angela put the still-alive critter into a plastic bag.

She then took her son, who was still in pain, to Saline Memorial Hospital.

This is pretty creepy too, in a different way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Birdwatchers caught in the crosshairs of Knox College 'creepiness' study

Here’s what most American birdwatchers are, according to a 2013 government study: White, older than 45, fairly well-off and pretty highly educated.

Here’s what many people think birdwatchers are: Creepy.

That’s according to a recent study that says it is the first “empirical study of ‘creepiness.’” Led by psychology professor Frank McAndrew at Knox College in Galesburg, the study set out to introduce “a theoretical perspective on the common psychological experience of feeling “creeped out,” and to figure out what makes us think other people are creepy.

The conclusion — based on a survey of 1,341 people, most of whom were female and American — is that feeling creeped out is an evolved response to the ambiguity of a possible threat, which helps us to remain vigilant.

As a public service to everyone who wants to avoid bei

ng viewed as creepy, we’ll go over some of the other highlights before we get to birdwatching.

About 95 percent of respondents thought creepy people are much more likely to be male, and female respondents were more likely to perceive a sexual threat from creeps. Characteristics widely perceived as creepy include greasy hair, being extremely thin and watching people before interacting with them.

Jobs to avoid if you don’t want to seem creepy: clown, taxidermist, sex shop owner and funeral director.

In another section, survey respondents were asked to list two hobbies that are creepy. By far, “collecting things” took top honors, with special mentions for collecting insects and reptiles.

And: “Bird watchers were considered creepy by many as well.”

The study offers no details about why. But it turns out that this is probably not news to birdwatchers, and it seems to be rooted in a key birding tool: binoculars.

I was sitting on my deck with my long-range telescope watching my neighbor bathe in front of her big bathroom window. It's discreet because I look like I'm star gazing . I was alone at home at the time, the wife and kids were at grandma's. Then I heard footsteps coming up the deck steps and when I thought the steps had reached the top I  turned, but there was no one there. But the gate was now unlatched. 

I was sitting on my deck with my long-range telescope watching my neighbor bathe in front of her big bathroom window. It's discreet because I look like I'm star gazing . I was alone at home at the time, the wife and kids were at grandma's. Then I heard footsteps coming up the deck steps and when I thought the steps had reached the top I turned, but there was no one there. But the gate was now unlatched.

Dear Penthouse...

Archived